Things I’m sick of tbh.....

Susan1

I can’t stand those pulsating water jets in hot tubs—they make me feel nauseous. I’m okay if those are turned off.
I could stand in a hot shower all day, but sitting in a hot hot tub made me sick to my stomach. (And I had on a bathing suit - even out in the woods where you could not see any of the other cabins. I don't know how anybody "does" anything in them.) I am not good with humidity.
And then we went to a hotel that had a regular sized tub with the water jets and I kept sliding around trying to get them to hit my shoulders. Not fun.

Japanfan

I hate hot tubs in general. And don’t get the supposed sexiness AT ALL.

I can’t stand those pulsating water jets in hot tubs—they make me feel nauseous. I’m okay if those are turned off.

SFAIK hot tubs were popularized at least in part by athletes because of their healing property.

When you have a mobility-related condition (or joint pain) - for me it is hip and back issues related to hip arthritis - a hot tub is a welcome relief.

And I love the jets!

hanca

Values her privacy
SFAIK hot tubs were popularized at least in part by athletes because of their healing property.

When you have a mobility-related condition (or joint pain) - for me it is hip and back issues related to hip arthritis - a hot tub is a welcome relief.

And I love the jets!
We had the jets in our bath. It was lovely at first, but when you are not using it too often, the water that stayed in the jets gets stagnated and it smells, gets mouldy and is generally gross! We eventually got a new bath without those jets, because otherwise I would not use bath.

Susan1

And I love the jets!
Thread drifting in hot tubs. ha ha When we were at the cabin, I was in the middle of an RA flare and I thought it was going to be great. Not. I had trouble climbing in and out the couple times I got in. It was worse trying to get out when I felt all melty and dizzy and rubbery. We did take half of the top off and run it so I could just stick my sore, stiff hands in about three times a day, including after we had everything packed in the car and were getting ready to leave.

once_upon

Vaccinated
They've been cleaning out the large pipes - I think 40 or 60 feet in diameter - for the last 4 weeks. I not sure what type of waste/water goes through them.

The noise/roar has been has been non stop from 7 am - 7 pm Monday thru Saturday. I'm really tired of it.

skategal

Bunny mama
I love the jets in my jacuzzi tub but not a huge fan of hot tubs especially at hotels and resorts.

skategal

Bunny mama
I was thinking that!

A jacuzzi is just a specific type of hot tub. :)

To be more specific I guess I should say I love the jacuzzi jets in my personal bathtub but not communal hot tubs.

They are often too hot for my preference and gross me out.

hanca

Values her privacy
But, but, but this thread is about things we're sick of! :drama:

Thread drift :blah:
;)
Ok, I will combine both then. Like this:
I have been soooo fed up with our jacuzzi bath, because the water remained in the jets and then it became stale and mouldy. So we got a new bath. I love our new bath; it feels much more hygienic that there are no bits of mould floating in the water, but now I am fed up with the bath not being able to massage my back! :p

Jenny

From the Bloc
I don't like that some people are trying to impose their personal decisions on others. I'm not talking about being forced to wear a mask or people who don't wear one and endanger others.

I'm talking about people who think I'm being overly cautious, and trying to convince me that it's OK to do this or that, I don't have to worry about this or that, the risk is so low, people have been doing all kinds of things and they haven't been infected, there are no cases around here or there, I need to contribute to the economy by going out to restaurants and stores, most people who get it recover anyway, there's no need to wash everything any more, everyone else is doing it, etc etc etc.

Last edited:

once_upon

Vaccinated
I don't like that some people are trying to impose their personal decisions on others. I'm not talking about being forced to wear a mask or people who don't wear one and endanger others.

I'm talking about people who think I'm being overly cautious, and trying to convince me that it's OK to do this or that, I don't have to worry about this or that, the risk is so low, people have been doing all kinds of things and they haven't been infected, there are no cases around here or there, I need to contribute to the economy by going out to restaurants and stores, most people who get it recover anyway, there's no need to wash everything any more, everyone else is doing it, etc etc etc.
💯

canbelto

I'm sick of people who keep saying "do the real scientific research, not just what Dr. Fauci says" when presented with grim c19 statistics and then when I ask them to cite the articles, they have some clip from OANN or DailyCaller. Yeah, those are bastions of scientific research. :rolleyes:

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
I'm tired of being called 'crazy' because I am following government guidelines.
IMO the people who don't follow the guidelines are the 'crazy' ones but I don't go around telling them that...

I'm a physician, out of clinical practice and in medical communications/medical education since 2004. I'm sick of some of my more conservative (read: Trump-supporting) friends who were very happy to rely on me for medical information prior to the BB now calling me a "doctor" (note the quotes) or suggesting that I'm not a "real" physician anymore because I don't see patients. Translation: I insist on relying on actual BB evidence they don't agree with or that they think is cramping their "freedom," so I'm not a real healthcare practitioner anymore. And yes, I'm serious.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I just want to thank those who have been liking my post above because honestly sometimes I wonder if I'm overdoing it, so thank you for your support.

On a related note, we made a rare venture out today - pet food store, where we also picked up three giant bags of birdseed in addition to stuff for our cat. Also stopped at a pharmacy for something I haven't found online, then my husband deposited some cheques at an ATM. Several plazas, stores, parking lots - I'd say 90% of people had masks on, including every single person we saw inside, with the notable exception of the pharmacist, but they had a plexi shield and an extra table in place to keep everyone distant. All very civilized, which is very good to see.

LadyM76

I am tired of worrying about the decision our school district will make. I am worried that they will have in person school, and worried that they will have online only. My 13 year desperately wants to go to school and be with all her friends. She had a really hard time with online only learning this spring. I was laid off for a few months, and we were both pretty miserable. I am not a good teacher, even though I tried hard.

I am terrified that they will open in person and students and staff will get sick. I am worried about having to juggle work and at home schooling if they don't open in person.

I am sick of worrying ever time I go out to the store or work ....I don't want to get sick and I don't want to get anyone else sick.

I am tired of some people I know who are being selfish and stupid. Not wearing masks, or social distancing, and putting other people at risk, because they don't give a crap.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.....

cholla

High ground loner
I'm sick of morons posting a 😂 smiley under every articulate, sensible, and clever article or post issued on the Net. I'm sick of them calling intelligent and level-headed people "sheep". I have 2 FB accounts, a private one and one for my website that has approx 4.500 followers. I deleted 650 of them today. I don't know them and they are from all over the world. What they have in common is STILL considering the crud as a plot and/or a worldwide legend and exaggeration. They can't breath without a mask, they adore Trump or Herdogan or Bolsonaro or any other Moron in Chief, they laugh their head off at people trying to do the right things, they spit on their sense of respect, of community, of decency, they insult those who try to go on with their life while not stupidly risking it. I didn't know so many skating fans had no brain. I've lost 4 dear friends to C*vid. Only one of them had underlying conditions. The 3 others where sport people in their 40s, trailers, runners, climbers, elite athletes. I want to slap the face of those who ROFL at new laws and decrees passed to force them into respecting one another, who sneer at those who are willing to help others, who post every day, 30 reasons why wearing a mask is sooooo dangerous. Ok. Don't wear it but don't go out. Don't preach your so called good word to those who don't want to get sick and make others sick. Jeeez I'm so angry...

Me three.

My birthday is this month and when my family asked me what I want for my birthday I replied “To go to a hotel by myself.” :rofl:

Never going to happen.:(

That's what I wanted for my birthday too. Instead, my husband and father in law took the kids for a few hours and left me alone with a bag of nibs and a good book. I stayed in bed for hours, lol. It was almost as good. I hope you can finagle some alone time somehow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information