Things I’m sick of tbh.....

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
So it’s not just us? DH scored some at the hospital pharmacy today.
And I’m sick of people going 80+mph on the highway. We’ve had more fatal crashes in the last 10 weeks than normal and it’s all speed.
At night we can hear them on 128. Have you heard the super reviving motorcycles yet?

We are about 3/4 miles from 128 and I might as well be on the median....

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I'm sick of people walking the wrong way down the grocery aisle glaring at me when I'm the one going the correct way and they are oblivious. Also, a favorite yesterday was watching a woman with a mask and gloves picking through every single piece of fruit in the bin. Did she think because she had gloves that touching every single fruit was okay if she wasn't going to buy them? And these were navel oranges not cantaloupes so there was really no good reason for it. Basically, if I'm touching a fruit or vegetable, I'm taking it. (Although I was horrified the last time to see my husband inspecting the corn cobs and separating them from the husks to see if they were good and then rejecting them until he found corn cobs he was okay with. I noticed on our second trip there was a specific sign at the corn not to husk it. I told him it was customers like him who were the reason for the sign. :mad: )

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
While I don't squeeze melons (because I don't really buy them) I always inspect a piece of fruit or veggie I buy that are loose, they are far too expensive and spoil quickly here that I am not settling for the first random apple I pick up if it's bruised on the side I didn't see :shuffle: But to my credit I wouldn't separate the husk from the corn, some things will just have to be a gamble :D

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I've been using a bag (inside out, then right side it when I've got the piece I want) to grab produce, so I'm not touching it at all.

I'm sick of traffic already starting to return to normal, including drivers cutting people off and playing chicken with pedestrians who have the right of way.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
How do you avoid buying over-ripe fruits then?
One thing I miss about living in Boston and shopping at the Haymarket stalls. Most of the vendors would pick what you asked for knowing that you’d bad mouth them to your friends if they didn’t. There was one stall run by Antonio that was a 100% success. Want firm cherries? Yup. Want bananas that will be ready to eat on Tuesday? Win. Are you ok with bruised stuff for soups and stews? Half price.

canbelto

Ok I'm really tired of the C19 "manifesters." The ones who say that because they manifested staying healthy and blessed, they're healthy and blessed. It just comes across as so tone-deaf when I'm sure nearly 100k people in the U.S. also would have manifested staying healthy but instead died.

Also because it can't be said enough: ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO HAWK VITAMINS AND HERBAL BLENDS THAT WILL "PROTECT" YOU AGAINST C19. Omg. Stop trying to shill for your rose-lavender tea blend.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I'm sure nearly 100k people in the U.S. also would have manifested staying healthy but instead died.
Don't forget all the ones who got it and lived but are still feeling the effects 2 months later and aren't sure if they will ever be the same.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
We have a patient who is still testing positive for C19 after 5 weeks in the hospital. This crud can hang on like crazy. She's also still on a ventilator. A younger person with no underlying health conditions.

skatfan

We have a patient who is still testing positive for C19 after 5 weeks in the hospital. This crud can hang on like crazy. She's also still on a ventilator. A younger person with no underlying health conditions.
My second mom is three weeks into the crud, and they’re saying they don’t know if the ***** is live or dead. I thought once it was dead you’d test negative? Because she’s positive she has to be in a nursing home instead of going home.

Desperado

I’m sick of the increasing toxicity of the What Does Reopening Look Like and News & Experiences threads.

I don’t get the stubbornness of continually trying to convince someone of a position they will clearly never take.

skatfan

I’m sick of the increasing toxicity of the What Does Reopening Look Like and News & Experiences threads.

I don’t get the stubbornness of continually trying to convince someone of a position they will clearly never take.
It’s like folks think if they get more impassioned it’s going to change someone’s mind. I tried to encourage a halt but apparently endless carping is more satisfying and taking it to the private forum so it can be battled out there too.

MsZem

Likewise. Very little of the discussion in the reopening thread seems to be about how to best move forward.

These are certainly stressful times for everyone, in obvious and less obvious ways, and it leads to behaviors (and posts) that are far from ideal.

I'd stick to just the skating parts of the forum if there were any skating to discuss. A daily retro PBP thread would be awesome at this point :)

Aceon6

My second mom is three weeks into the crud, and they’re saying they don’t know if the ***** is live or dead. I thought once it was dead you’d test negative? Because she’s positive she has to be in a nursing home instead of going home.
They’re working on a more specific test that can tell the difference between live and dead crud. For now, most of the tests only detect whether there’s any crud there. As for having to be in a care facility, that depends on the state you live in and whether you can quarantine at home.

Aceon6

Holy crap... now the forum is swapping out c r u d? Never mind, my mistake.

coppertop1

People defending irresponsible behaviour by saying it's "freedom" or crying about their rights. Rights and freedoms come with responsibilities and if that feels like oppression it's because people don't know the difference between rightsand privileges.

hanca

Values her privacy
People defending irresponsible behaviour by saying it's "freedom" or crying about their rights. Rights and freedoms come with responsibilities and if that feels like oppression it's because people don't know the difference between rightsand privileges.
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
People who won't use tinyurl and just expect everyone else to figure out where their link actually goes to. (I'm not talking about forgetting once in awhile. I'm talking about the people who just refuse to do it ever.)

They’re working on a more specific test that can tell the difference between live and dead crud. For now, most of the tests only detect whether there’s any crud there. As for having to be in a care facility, that depends on the state you live in and whether you can quarantine at home.
I think dead crud is why those dogs tested positive. None of them had symptoms.

canbelto

Ok I'm about to go OFF. Tomorrow we have another staff meeting and for the fourth week in a row the big boss's best friend is leading a "virtual meditation session." These sessions have eclipsed the meetings. It went from an optional thing towards the end of the meeting to something that takes up almost the entire meeting. Attendance is now being taken during these meditation sessions. I frankly don't want to do breathing exercises in front of all my colleagues for the FOURTH WEEK IN A ROW.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Ok I'm about to go OFF. Tomorrow we have another staff meeting and for the fourth week in a row the big boss's best friend is leading a "virtual meditation session." These sessions have eclipsed the meetings. It went from an optional thing towards the end of the meeting to something that takes up almost the entire meeting. Attendance is now being taken during these meditation sessions. I frankly don't want to do breathing exercises in front of all my colleagues for the FOURTH WEEK IN A ROW.
Can you put up a still picture instead of a live one?

Vagabond

(((((canbelto)))))

This might help, if you want to argue your case with evidence.

Results
....Self-compassion and the “observe and describe” facets of mindfulness practice significantly statistically increased from baseline, but no such change was observed for levels of burnout and empathy.
Conclusion
The present study indicates that an online mindfulness meditation program may be of interest to me dical students. The results did not provide any evidence that the program was effective but we believe further research and development is warranted.

canbelto

(((((canbelto)))))

This might help, if you want to argue your case with evidence.

I just hate how this meditation is masked as "a self care therapy" but has become a source of stress for the staff as attendance is being taken. Also issues that were normally talked about in meetings are now brushed to emails and this meditation session takes up the whole meeting. That and the woman running it is our big boss's best friend and has never been friendly to any of us plebes. In fact it's funny to hear her talk nonstop about self care and wellness when she could never bother to say hi to us in the actual workplace. :rolleyes:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
people were doing that so the rule is during the meeting proper you can turn off your camera but during the meditation cameras have to be on. Omg.
If you are a public school teacher, can't your union do something about it?

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Oh wow. I would be rebelling if forced to do meditation (we had to do it at a team building day once and it was agreed that a couple of us weren't getting any benefit from it).

These days just the word 'mindfulness' is enough to get my back up. It's not that I don't believe in the concept - it's that the word is mis-used to force things on people that might not suit them.

Japanfan

Oh wow. I would be rebelling if forced to do meditation (we had to do it at a team building day once and it was agreed that a couple of us weren't getting any benefit from it).

These days just the word 'mindfulness' is enough to get my back up. It's not that I don't believe in the concept - it's that the word is mis-used to force things on people that might not suit them.
I'm not fond of meditation either. Not sure why, as I don't dispute its benefits. I guess I feel that it is forcing me to do something and I don't like that - though again I don't dispute the benefits.

On further some of my resistance is to the musak they always used to play in my gym, when the yoga classes had their meditation sessions. I just hate the musak. It's supposed to be peaceful and harmonious, but I just find it artificial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 6)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information