Things I’m sick of tbh.....

Orm Irian

People making pronouncements and assumptions about this ***** and the progressions of the ********* that are either a result of or require the ignoring of the existence of the entire southern hemisphere. That's something I'm really, really sick of right this minute.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
People making pronouncements and assumptions about this ***** and the progressions of the ********* that are either a result of or require the ignoring of the existence of the entire southern hemisphere. That's something I'm really, really sick of right this minute.
A-fcuking-men. "Oh it will go away in summer". GREAT. IT'S NOT SUMMER EVERYWHERE.

Lorac

So sick of people on my FB feed telling the rest of us that they've had YNW and so are fine to go out and about or start work etc. as they are now 'immune'!! However when you get down to it they haven't been tested and had symptoms that could have been YNW but could quite easily have been a dose of flu or just a bad cold. But when that is pointed out to them they tell you that that no - its YNW!! Well 18 months ago I had what I described as the cold from hell - with symptoms that could actually have been flu and which are 100% consistent with the symptoms of YNW. This knocked me down for 2 weeks over Christmas 2018 into early 2019 and took in all about 6 weeks before I felt I had totally shaken it. But it was 18 months ago - so not YNW but it I'd had that 4-6 months back I'd have wondered myself. But until there is an antibody test how can anyone who has never tested positive for YNW confirm if they've had it!!! They just piss me off!!!

anikacanaxel

I am sick of not being able to get iron supplements in the store and getting dizzy every time I stand because of it. Like naturally occurring just isn't doing it for my anemia rn.

KCC

Why in the world do some people wear strong perfumes while out walking or jogging? And then they look at me like I'm sick with the ***** when I start sneezing.

skatfan

Why in the world do some people wear strong perfumes while out walking or jogging? And then they look at me like I'm sick with the ***** when I start sneezing.
They probably wear it all the time and can no longer smell normal amounts, so they use extra.

MacMadame

Staying at home
They probably wear it all the time and can no longer smell normal amounts, so they use extra.
I hadn't thought of that!

I don't wear it and most people at work don't. The opposite problem is probably true... some of them need to be a little more generous with the deodorant! (Or maybe just shower.)

skatfan

I hadn't thought of that!

I don't wear it and most people at work don't. The opposite problem is probably true... some of them need to be a little more generous with the deodorant! (Or maybe just shower.)
We had someone in my seminary class who wore scented everything - lotion, powder, you name it. She was a walking stink cloud, and didn't know!

once_upon

Voter
People do not realize how much perfume they have on because they become immune to it. I once got on an elevator with someone who must have used an entire bottle. I got an immediate migraine-it was in a shopping mall and I had to drive home. It was really difficult.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
So is that what the issue is with people who wear too much perfume? They put it on until they can smell it on themselves? That's not how I was taught to use it!

allezfred

#EpidemiologistsNotEconomists
Staff member
So is that what the issue is with people who wear too much perfume? They put it on until they can smell it on themselves? That's not how I was taught to use it!
It’s definitely the case with a lot of people I know. :scream: when it’s an obnoxious smelling one!

Louis

Private citizen
People do not realize how much perfume they have on because they become immune to it. I once got on an elevator with someone who must have used an entire bottle. I got an immediate migraine-it was in a shopping mall and I had to drive home. It was really difficult.
I'm the same with migraines. In some instances, I will even faint. (Growing up, the smell of incense at church - especially while kneeling - was enough to flatten me.) Some strong smells - e.g., Pine Sol - will make me vomit instantly and uncontrollably.

I try to avoid "trigger" smells as much as I can - I don't go into stores that use heavy scents, try to buy unscented everything, etc. I've long wondered and even hoped it was somehow all mental and I could learn to control it, but so far, no luck.

Lizziebeth

I am with you on hating perfumes and scents. They give me headaches and make me ill. I buy unscented everything - soap, cleaning supplies and laundry stuff. I just don't understand the obsession with putting strong scent in laundry soap and cleaning supplies???? SO buys whatever is on sale. I make sure he is never out of stuff and buy him unscented soap and shampoo.

I remember back in the day that women were supposed to 'layer' the perfume. Use both the lotion and perfume. It was way too much.

The surfactants that are commonly used in laundry detergents don’t smell great which is one reason laundry detergent tends to be strongly scented. It’s also why unscented detergent tends to be weaker.

AxelAnnie

Graceful men lift lovely girls in white!
I'm sick of having to watch the same commercials over and over ago when I watch the news online.
and OTOH -I saw this commercial for a kind of duster with three round mop like disks on a triangle thingie, and a flexible handle so it would go right under sofa's beds, etc.
I thought I would remember what it was called...........right......can I find it...............now.

I think there are maybe 50 commercials that are being rotated around.

Susan1

I'm the same with migraines. In some instances, I will even faint. (Growing up, the smell of incense at church - especially while kneeling - was enough to flatten me.) Some strong smells - e.g., Pine Sol - will make me vomit instantly and uncontrollably.

I try to avoid "trigger" smells as much as I can - I don't go into stores that use heavy scents, try to buy unscented everything, etc. I've long wondered and even hoped it was somehow all mental and I could learn to control it, but so far, no luck.
I don't have migraines. I'm just overly sensitive to smells (fibromyalgia). The seafood and diaper aisles make me dizzy. When we had a really small Kroger, I used to have to sit up by the cash register while my mom got my stuff. I get dizzy from most body washes and some shampoos in the shower. One time I fainted in church during the procession on Palm Sunday, from having to stand up a long time and the incense. Everybody knows if they hear a sneeze at my funeral, it's me in the casket! I can't find the old Glass Plus that did not make me sick. Even the kind that says "no ammonia" are too strong. All these wipes and cleaning things make my nose itch and give me a headache.

canbelto

For whatever reason I'm getting really sick of people whose social media is still professionally posed shots with professionally done makeup. Because they are either:

1. recycling photos from months ago before lockdown happened
2. breaking the lockdown rules to get the essential services of professional photography and makeup :rolleyes:

And this isn't even big time celebs and influencers, but regular friends of mine on social media.

once_upon

Voter
I noticed when Kim Reynolds (Iowa governor) was meeting with Trump in the White House she had perfectly manicured nails and her hair has never looked shaggy or uneven despite a style that would look that way if she wasnt getting some care. She just opened hair salons, nail salons this week.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I am sick of not being able to get iron supplements in the store and getting dizzy every time I stand because of it. Like naturally occurring just isn't doing it for my anemia rn.
So it’s not just us? DH scored some at the hospital pharmacy today.
And I’m sick of people going 80+mph on the highway. We’ve had more fatal crashes in the last 10 weeks than normal and it’s all speed.

MacMadame

Staying at home
So it’s not just us? DH scored some at the hospital pharmacy today.
And I’m sick of people going 80+mph on the highway. We’ve had more fatal crashes in the last 10 weeks than normal and it’s all speed.
I just got an email from our town's police force that they will be out in force enforcing traffic laws with a particular eye on making things safe for pedestrians and cyclists. :cheer:

Sick of Facebook 10 days, no explanations shit as well! I DONT CARE!
Plus, they don't post them with no explanation. They have at least a paragraph of explanation of how they were tagged and this is why they are posting that pic. If you really want to do it "without explanation" then just post the picture.

Also, can you think of anything more boring than people posting pictures of something important to them, say a book that changed their lives, without telling us (a) that's why they are posting it and (b) how it changed their lives?

Orm Irian

We have had so many hoons treating empty streets like some sort of challenge. So many horrendous, fatal crashes, more and worse than usual, all over Australia. I'm sick of it too.

allezfred

#EpidemiologistsNotEconomists
Staff member
Am sick of couples and families not even attempting to walk in single file when I cross paths with them.

Louis

Private citizen
Am sick of couples and families not even attempting to walk in single file when I cross paths with them.
Agree with you here. And then people get huffy with me because I'm too close to them. What am I supposed to do - walk into the street and dodge traffic so that they can continue to hold hands, walk three in a row, etc.? People should assume sidewalks will have two-way traffic.

Erin

This, so much. I was in such a bad mood after going for a run a couple days ago as I don’t think even one person moved over during the run. I would move on to the grass whenever I could but sometimes there was a barrier and I was basically trapped. From now on, I’m only running in a couple areas I know of where they have closed the road to cars, which makes it much easier for pedestrians and cyclists to spread out.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I’m sick of side by side grocery shoppers, too engrossed in their own conversations to even notice that people are waiting to pass.

MacMadame

Staying at home
That used to stress me out to the point that I stopped running but everything I've read says to me that I'm not going to get IT from passing people running so I'm a lot less stressed about it.

But people who block the grocery aisles should die. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information