Things I’m sick of tbh.....

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
First off, I’ll admit FSU is a business (although I never set it up with those intentions) and it was a Godsend to enable me to quit a very stressful job when I first diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and work part time on a checkout with less stress. I’m watching it fall to its knees, but I’ll keep it going despite any debts I may rack up.

MS, I had to have my annual review over the phone this week. I’m staying well but that’s probably due to the lack of working a stressful job full time. I didn’t mind but I’m sure many people seriously unwell with it did. Don’t even get me started on terminal cancer patients or victims of this shit dying when there’s NHS nurses choreographing dances for Tik Tok likes.

I’ve actually had enough about hearing about Captain Tom now or anyone else fundraising or doing good and sharing on social media. Just get fcucking on with it.

Some stupid woman was on the news earlier, standing at her gate in a rural spot actually counting the number of people walking or cycling past her house. People aren’t in work! Get a life you miserable cow!

While I am grateful my supermarket job is paying me my contract hours to stay at home, my contract hours are 8 a week, I usually work around 20.

My husband breathes too loudly.

No, I don’t want to FaceTime anyone, call me on the phone like a civilised Gen X type.

Anyway, please feel free to petty rant with me! ❤ I’ve been away a few days as I’ve been pretty stressed but I’m letting off some steam!

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Sharpie, I am really thankful you are dealing well with the MS. A very good friend of mine is actually in her 30th year of dealing with it. She is doing well but does have brief moments with her left leg.

Other than that, she says life is good.

You keep keeping on!

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Oh! I forgot! The mystery shopping industry I’ve worked in for over 5 years died on it’s arse over night too! :lol:

meggonzo

Don’t even get me started on terminal cancer patients or victims of this shit dying when there’s NHS nurses choreographing dances for Tik Tok likes.
Nurses and other healthcare workers need ways to release stress and have some fun too. I have no patience for anyone criticizing them right now.

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Nurses and other healthcare workers need ways to release stress and have some fun too. I have no patience for anyone criticizing them right now.

That’s up to you, I have no patience for nurses prancing round my local hospital where one friend’s uncle and another friend’s father just died among many others. Disrespectful to say the least.

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Before all this, I thought I might need a haircut around now. Obviously I can’t but my split ends are such now that I’m going to have to ask my annoying breathing husband to cut the ends. 😱😱😱

My grey roots are fetching.

Why is everyone obsessed with getting a hot tub (aka sex pond) lately too? (Have I just answered my own question?)

allezfred

#EpidemiologistsNotEconomists
Staff member
Whenever I see the #ClapForCarers hashtag, I always have to remember that people aren't cheering for them to get an STD. :shuffle:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
My husband breathes too loudly.
For me, it's my dog. He can't go to sleep until he licks my husband's back. And the sound reminds me of those horrible ASMR videos!
No, I don’t want to FaceTime anyone, call me on the phone like a civilised Gen X type.
:lol: I'm a boomer and I only want to text and FaceTime. :D

So I'm annoyed with so many things. Mostly that some people seem to suddenly have so much free time and are trying to get me to do all sorts of things. I don't have time for challenges and bear hunts and sign-a-longs. I'm behind at work and planning the Kids Tri (which I doubt will happen) and I can't focus on these things and now it seems like half my friends are retired with all the free time in the world.

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, yeah my dogs! I can’t bloody move for them! Argh! Considering they are small (chihuahuas) they snore a lot too. I’m having disrupted sleep like a lot of people and trying a sofa nap with a 3.5lb chihuahua prancing all over you is very difficult indeed!

It’s nice to take them out in the sun now for the twenty minutes or so that they are up to (old doggies) and after 6 or so years of nagging, my husband has finally chihuahua proofed the garden. (Usually when we get nice weather, we take them off in the camper van somewhere). I’m so glad we didn’t get round to selling the garden furniture we haven’t used in many years now too!

They’re like bloody Velcro at the moment. So yeah, dogs annoy me too.

Hahaha @MacMadame , it does seem that the boomers are loving FaceTime and Zoom more than anyone else! :rofl:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Oh, yeah my dogs! I can’t bloody move for them! Argh! Considering they are small (chihuahuas) they snore a lot too. I’m having disrupted sleep like a lot of people and trying a sofa nap with a 3.5lb chihuahua prancing all over you is very difficult indeed!
Your dogs are so small! Mine has lost weight because he's so old but he's still over 6 lbs.

Poor baby has arthritis so bad that now he has a dowager's hump!

Hahaha @MacMadame , it does seem that the boomers are loving FaceTime and Zoom more than anyone else! :rofl:
What can I say? 🤷‍♀️ I much prefer to FaceTime my family than call on the phone. I don't know why because normally I hate phone calls. :D

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
The other one is a 8lb lump (part pug, but has a chihuahua face) but she doesn’t prance. She knows her place. Good doggie. ❤

I rang a (boomer) friend earlier and they were having a yap fest, she was :rofl: and said, “They sound like toys!” :lol:.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
@SHARPIE Vent away!

I’m sick of DH’s project to rearrange our finished basement. I can’t find anything. And he’s Marie Kondo’d stuff that’s NOT HIS STUFF! We will probably go to blows before the project is finished.

And I’m really sick of staying home. Walks don’t do it. I think I might do a real grocery shop next week, crud be damned.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
@SHARPIE Vent away!

I’m sick of DH’s project to rearrange our finished basement. I can’t find anything. And he’s Marie Kondo’d stuff that’s NOT HIS STUFF! We will probably go to blows before the project is finished.

And I’m really sick of staying home. Walks don’t do it. I think I might do a real grocery shop next week, crud be damned.
I want to finish the frog pond!

mjb52

I love that right now this thread and the Daily Gratitude Journal thread are right next to each other, it cracked me up. Maybe it would have been better for me to put this in the gratitude thread as I am grateful for the laugh it gave me.

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
More irritations:

Downing Street conferences. At first I was captured by them but now it’s like, go away I don’t CARE. Except for when Rishi :swoon: Sunak speaks.

My husband whining about the lack of social distancing at his work. He’s out in a van all day anyway. Also commenting on any example of non social distancing we see on TV.

Also his insistence on changing clothes, showering and then wiping any shopping down with bleach spray when he comes home. I know it’s the right thing to do but he makes it into such a military style operation, I :rolleyes: every time,

Being added to groups, I admit at first I did this too, but now I’m over being added to group after group of people posting lockdown memes. Same ones over and over. Weird one a few weeks ago, one woman was posting some particularly funny ones and in a bit of lockdown induced boredom I looked at her profile and she’s in a relationship with someone I was with for 3 years in my 20’s! :eek: I clicked right off her profile before I accidentally clicked “Add Friend” :lol:

My neighbour occasionally coming out and talking drivel to me when I’m walking the dogs. I DONT CARE THAT ALDI HAD NO FLOUR!

Stupid thick people on the group for fans of the Greek Island I have been to a few times already pondering if they will be going on their planned holiday in June, mate ... I don’t think I’m going on my planned October holiday!

Stupid people on local groups asking over and over again what the “que” (sic) is like for various supermarkets in the area.

Celebrities telling us to be productive.

That stupid Hygge hairband advert popping up on my fb feed even though I’ve tried to hide it. The stupid blonde woman gurning every day at me with bare feet makes me want to stab someone. Same with “One Year No Beer” adverts! Full of twats saying how they gave up alcohol and now do Iron Man triathlons or some such nonsense. I last had a drink 3 weeks ago on my birthday and that’s only really because nice friends left wine and gin at my door. I still have most of the gin, maybe I should start on it now (9am) and calm down? 😎

Orm Irian

If I never hear the word 'Anzac' (unless immediately followed by 'biscuits', and even that's a dubious proposition right now) again I will die a happy woman.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
If I never hear the word 'Anzac' (unless immediately followed by 'biscuits', and even that's a dubious proposition right now) again I will die a happy woman.
When I was in New Zealand I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw Anzac-flavoured granola bars in the supermarket :inavoid:

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
@meggonzo, going back to why NHS nurses dancing for tik tok winds me up.

They are all being made by nurses on wards (say oncology, radiography etc) who have had routine appointments cancelled and basically have nothing to do. I saw one linked from a radiography team actually wheeling round on what I can only assume is a piece of vital equipment.

Plus this quote from a nurse actually in the thick of dealing with ********* patients sums it up for me.

I say this as an NHS nurse working on a ********* ward. Its hard,its heartbreaking and I am exhausted but it is also my job.
I and most of my workmates hate the stupid dancing videos they are beyond disrespectful and the one done in my hospital wasn't by ********* ward staff it was done by bored nurses from other wards. dancing about recording themselves for Tik Tok look at us in our PPE never actually being near a ********* patient. **** off idiots this is a very serious situation where people in the building are dying horribly. **** off with ur dancing when myself or my colleages are holding phones up to dying people to say their goodbyes. **** off and stop being so unprofessional and making the rest of us look bad.
I work hard and I play hard...just not in hospital corridors in my PPE for maximum impact.

skategal

Bunny mama
I’m only sick of one thing......homeschool.

I already know I’m a crappy teacher.

That is why I didn’t pursue an education degree in the first place to be a teacher.... :shuffle:

And I have it “easier” as I only have 1 kid but he’s in French immersion which is harder for me to understand (even though I speak some French.)

I have no idea how parents who have more than 1 young kid in French immersion and don’t speak French themselves and are trying to WFH are coping.

Why they didn’t just cancel the rest of the school year for K-6 or even K-9 is beyond me.

PRlady

My rant is very limited. I do not understand why my husband has to watch that feckin narcissistic asshat orange murderer prance for the cameras every afternoon. I have to go into the bedroom and play music to drown him out.

other than that we get along fine. Well, except for the dishwasher thing.

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
I am somewhat annoyed, but also oddly amused, to read the :drama: of expatriate 1%ers (who are - horrors of all horrors, immigrants into their new country of residence) whose situation is a direct result of their choices in life, but exhibit next to no compassion or empathy for those who haven't had even 1% of the privilege or opportunities available to them.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
My rant is very limited. I do not understand why my husband has to watch that feckin narcissistic asshat orange murderer prance for the cameras every afternoon. I have to go into the bedroom and play music to drown him out.
:yikes: my condolences

This person expresses my feeling on people posting or writing in the media about what an opportunity this will be and how we will change things for the better once this is over:

I ruefully find myself with a gag impulse toward people greeting the plague with more idealism and good cheer than I can muster. Reading some of the big thinkers was like getting a supper-time knock on the door from Ned Flanders, Homer Simpson’s peppy, pious neighbor.
I just want to say shut the fck up, no one knows what the fck is going to happen and stop using the ********* to promote your pet vision for the world. Grrrr.

Miezekatze

:yikes: my condolences

This person expresses my feeling on people posting or writing in the media about what an opportunity this will be and how we will change things for the better once this is over:

I just want to say shut the fck up, no one knows what the fck is going to happen and stop using the ********* to promote your pet vision for the world. Grrrr.
Yeah, I find all those "now humanity has such a great chance to change, eville capitalism could be destroyed forever, a great chance for everybody singing Kumbaya and being solidaric" people the most annoying too.:angryfire , for a whole bunch of reasons

1.) I can't think of any instances where something similar in the past has ever led to humanity changing, why would that be different this time?! In past plagues tons of people died and then life went back to normal. After huge economic crisises we often got political unrest and/or in the worst case something like the 3rd World war. And I don't see any more solidarity now in the crisis, than usually, as always some people help others and do great things and other people are highly egoistical and whine all the time how terrible everything is, just like in normal times. And I also think people will be less inclined to care for "idealistic things" like solving the climate change problem when there are so many new imminent threats and problems.

2.) this whole "now we have time to reflect on ourselves and see what's really important" is a luxury, only people can do that wo are doing relatively well and are probably sitting at home in home office with too much time on their hands. There's tons of people who have no job now or who for example live in poor countries (or even in not so poor countries like Spain), who make a living from tourism to 100% and now have no outlook on an income for rather years than months, I doubt those people are reflecting on what's really imporant and if they do, it's probably the wage they'd usually have to buy food or finance their childrens education or something like that.

3.) Even if my life hasn't changed all that much, I find it very sad that we probably won't have normal concerts or other cultural stuff or normal sports events with visitors for a long time and also that means tons of people who can't make any money in their jobs or do their art performances for ages.

Last edited:

gkelly

1.) I can't think of any instances where something similar in the past has ever led to humanity changing, why would that be different this time?! In past plagues tons of people died and then life went back to normal. After huge economic crisises we often got political unrest and/or in the worst case something like the 3rd World war.
Well, it seems that after large percentages of the population get wiped out, wages for laborers tend to rise.

But at the expense of all those lives, and also social unrest, not a worthwhile tradeoff.

Human nature isn't going to change.

skategal

Bunny mama
I kind of think consumerism may rise after this. For people who can come through this without a total collapse of their personal wealth (and many of us will), there will be the thought of why am I denying myself anything that I want and can afford? Why wait to spend.

Even I (a conservative spender) am thinking why didn’t I buy new lawn furniture, kitchen appliances and a whole host of other stuff that would have made my life more
comfortable at home now.

I’m also regretting not taking a vacation in January/February when we had the chance. :shuffle:

Marge_Simpson

I'm sick of all these people hanging out their windows every night at 7PM and clapping or singing or playing the saxophone to honor healthcare workers. It's a gesture that makes you feel good. It does nothing for me.
If people really want to support us, send pizzas or bottled water or something tangible to your local hospital.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 3)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information