The Skating Lesson - Worlds Recaps

Xela M

I stopped watching TSL awhile ago, as I couldn't stand the Dave/Jonathan combo, but I must say I have been enticed back by the quality of their interviews in their Worlds 2021 recaps. Loved all of them. Alex Ouriashev's and Elena Betschke's were hilarious and they certainly didn't hold back their opinions 🤣 Todd Eldredge's and Renee Roca's were more professional and technical, but also superb.

Ladies Recap with Alex Ouriashev:

Pairs Recap with Elena Betschke:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIr5IWT1U44&t=3502s

Mens Recap with Todd Eldredge:

Dance Recap with Renee Roca:

P.S. Some of the links might take you to the middle of the interview. Just rewind to the beginning. My technical skills are clearly showing 🙈

Last edited:

Xela M

Apologies if I've messed the links up and they don't start at the very beginning, just rewind them to the beginning. Not sure how to fix that

Xela M

This is an earlier interview that TSL did with the amazing Elena Vaytsekhovskaya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmrDDyAJI98 This interview is brilliant. She speaks (very candidly) about her own OGM, her famous father, the tragic Elena Mukhina, skating, 1994/1998 Olympics, Moskvina, Tarasova, Eteri and her girls, skating politics, sports in general etc etc.

Really recommend it. She's one amazing lady!

Dave even mentioned FSU 😀

olympic

I already watched the men - I was pleasantly surprised at the proper level of discourse. Todd seemed to command a certain amount of 'good behavior' from D & J. There was a little complaining from J about PCS being undervalued but I think they found it impossible to dispute the final results.

I watched a big chunk of the ladies - Ouriashev is pretty bombastic. LOL. I don't like their dismissive attitude towards Bradie most of the time but I can't dispute that something is going south on the jumps and it seems to coincide with going to Tom Z

Xela M

I already watched the men - I was pleasantly surprised at the proper level of discourse. Todd seemed to command a certain amount of 'good behavior' from D & J. There was a little complaining from J about PCS being undervalued but I think they found it impossible to dispute the final results.

I watched a big chunk of the ladies - Ouriashev is pretty bombastic. LOL. I don't like their dismissive attitude towards Bradie most of the time but I can't dispute that something is going south on the jumps and it seems to coincide with going to Tom Z
Yes, Todd was so much more professional than Ouriashev 🤣 but I actually agree with Ouriashev's outspoken opinions on everyone. He did say Bradie was a very hard worker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information