The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

Vagabond

A new nationwide Monmouth poll has these leaders:

Warren 20%
Sanders 20%
Biden 19%

:watch:

ETA: Farmers’ Frustration With Trump Grows as U.S. Escalates China Fight

The predicament of farmers is becoming a political problem for Mr. Trump as he heads into an election year. For months, farmers have remained resolute, continuing to pledge support to a president who says his trade policies will help the agricultural industry win in the end. While there are few signs of an imminent blue wave in farm country, a growing number of farmers say they are losing patience with the president’s approach and are suggesting it will not take much to lose their vote as well.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

This is why it’s so crazy higher profile republicans aren’t challenging trump!! He’s going to be crushed in Iowa. Any democrat will win it next year and any republican in a primary will easily get 60 or 70% of the vote in Iowa or Nebraska or Kansas

Zemgirl

I remember watching that season when I was a tween, but I don't remember him AT ALL. I do remember her though from the San Fran re-runs and she seemed awful back then. I looked her up and she seems even worse now.
Much worse. Whatever positive effect Pedro Zamora and the rest of the cast had on her is long gone.
Speaking of Rachel Campos-Duffy, I found this recent interview with Pam and Judd from the San Francisco season, and here's what Pam had to say about her:
It’s not surprising to me that Rachel would be a Republican commentator person. She likes the camera. I wish she would use her affinity for the camera to actually help people. I’m more concerned with the effect of her presence on the country than her personally.
Anyway, since Sean Duffy stated that he's retiring because they're about to have a baby with medical challenges, I can only wish them the best with that.

ilovepaydays

A new nationwide Monmouth poll has these leaders:

Warren 20%
Sanders 20%
Biden 19%

I knew it. Unless Biden starts getting A LOT better, he’s toast.
————————————

For those of you who have environmental issues as a top priority, CNN will be hosting a Climate Crisis Town Hall on Wednesday, Sept. 4th. It will start at 5:00pm EST and last until midnight. All 10 candidates who have qualified for the fall debates have been invited so far and they will each get a 40 minute block to discuss the issue.

MacMadame

My G.O.A.T is better than your G.O.A.T.
Staff member
If I was phone polled, I wouldn't know because I don't answer phone numbers I don't know.

There was a poll that showed Warren and Harris to be ahead of Biden at one point. But then I read that if Sanders is elected, I'm going to get my mobile home replaced with a new modular home that is energy efficient! So now he's my guy! J/K but a new, energy-efficient home would be nice. :D

MacMadame

Staff member
So I stumbled across this "review" of Elizabeth Warren from a theater critic who is evaluating all the candidates based on their campaign stumping.

He's apparently done some of the other candidates too:

Biden: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...this-installment-joe-biden-is-back-an-encore/

Harris: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...n-assessing-how-candidates-president-perform/

Note: to read them in the order he wrote them, start at the bottom.

MacMadame

Staff member
And here's an article rating some of the candidate's playlists (at rallies):

It was a fun read and you can turn on your sound and hear some of the music, if you want to.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
People in Nebraska (outside Omaha and Lincoln) LOVE Trump. No way he gets primaried here. He could shoot a farmer in the middle of a cornfield and not lose any of them.

Iowa is purple, so anything goes there.

Zemgirl

Adding to ballettmaus's post, this means that there will be two senatorial races in Georgia next year, since David Perdue will be up for reelection.

Given the various retirements and announcements of people running for office, maybe it's time for a separate, non-presidential 2020 thread?

ballettmaus

Earlier this summer, Biden was criticized after he used two segregationist senators as examples of colleagues he could work with during an era when "at least there was some civility" in the Senate.

"I'm not using those examples anymore," he said Tuesday, according to Politico.

He said he is cognizant of the need to add context to anything he talks about from the 1970s and 1980s, as he is one of the older candidates on the trail, calling it a "frightening thing" that often people don't understand the context.
I know Biden apologized for using the example but, unless I misunderstand his remark, it sounds an awful lot like he's blaming the younger generation for not understanding the context rather than he understanding why he was criticized for using the example in the first place.

skateboy

I know that most of us here are of the mindset that any of the Dem candidates would be better than Trump, and I wholeheartedly agree.

But... looking ahead, I don't have a lot of faith that Biden would be a particularly strong president. And I don't see Biden or Sanders being two-term presidents.

What do y'all think? (For the record, I like Mayor Pete, Yang, Booker and Harris. I'm still on the fence about Warren, but I like a lot of what she has to say.)

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
Someone told me that Sen Gillibrand is withdrawing from the race ... any one else hear any such thing?
CNN says so.

caseyedwards

People in Nebraska (outside Omaha and Lincoln) LOVE Trump. No way he gets primaried here. He could shoot a farmer in the middle of a cornfield and not lose any of them.

Iowa is purple, so anything goes there.
But why doesn’t Sasse reflect this? He has written 3 books now about how he hates trump.

topaz

I know that most of us here are of the mindset that any of the Dem candidates would be better than Trump, and I wholeheartedly agree.

But... looking ahead, I don't have a lot of faith that Biden would be a particularly strong president. And I don't see Biden or Sanders being two-term presidents.

What do y'all think? (For the record, I like Mayor Pete, Yang, Booker and Harris. I'm still on the fence about Warren, but I like a lot of what she has to say.)

My take, whomever the nominee is will not win in the GE. Voter rights and voter suppression issues are not being addressed, nor changed. I'll add the vulnerability of our voting infrastructure has been weak for a long time. It is simply not enough to tell people to "vote" anymore. Shady things happen with "absentee ballots" or voting machines miscalculating votes and there is very few if any measure for auditing.

The Democratic nominee could garner over 5 million votes(popular) and STILL lose the election. The shenanigans the GOP will pull in 2020 are going to be historic in regards to voter suppression and just plain voter discrimination.

Last edited:

skateboy

The Democratic nominee could garner over 5 million votes(popular) and STILL lose the election. The shenanigans the GOP will pull in 2020 are going to historic in regards to voter suppression and just plain voter discrimination.
I remain more optimistic. Sure, the GOP will be up to its shenanigans, but I have a strong feeling that we're going to see record turnout for 2020, with a large majority of it being anti-Trump.

Most of America is sick and tired of this crazy man in power.

topaz

Tulsi Gabbard did not qualify for the 3rd debate.

I wonder if any of the remaining candidates will further explore Harris' AG and DA record. I doubt it.

VGThuy

Tulsi Gabbard did not qualify for the 3rd debate.

I wonder if any of the remaining candidates will further explore Harris' AG and DA record. I doubt it.
A lot of people were celebrating Gabbard not making the third debate, those who also said what Gabbard said about Harris' prosecutorial record was made up by Russian bots who supported Gabbard or whatever even though Biden tried to bring it up as well, so...I think that's done. We live in a prosecutorial-heavy country by a landslide (except when it comes to sexual assault when straight white men can just be easily accused of committing like all other men of color), so not enough people really care.

topaz

I remain more optimistic. Sure, the GOP will be up to its shenanigans, but I have a strong feeling that we're going to see record turnout for 2020, with a large majority of it being anti-Trump.

Most of America is sick and tired of this crazy man in power.

Even if voter turnout is huge, that does not mean every vote will be counted. Also, his favorable rate is averaging in the early forties.

topaz

A lot of people were celebrating Gabbard not making the third debate, those who also said what Gabbard said about Harris' prosecutorial record was made up by Russian bots who supported Gabbard or whatever even though Biden tried to bring it up as well, so...I think that's done. We live in a prosecutorial-heavy country by a landslide (except when it comes to sexual assault when straight white men can just be easily accused of committing like all other men of color), so not enough people really care.

I've noticed within the last year or so that anyone who disagrees with the Democrat establishment's talking points or with specific democratic nominees records, or non mainstream ideas are being called Russian bots.

I think many don't care. First of all, many folks are indifferent to criminal justice reform that is disproportionately racist. Also, there are a lot folks making money and their personal wages from world record prison/jail system in the US. There are a lot 401k and the remaining pension plans that earn money from the private prison system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information