The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

BittyBug

And the band played on
@ilovepaydays I knew nothing about Bullock until this announcement but am intrigued. That toxic waste pit, though. :yikes: It is a disaster for migrating birds and I don't understand why it can't be capped or drained.

nylynnr

One joint proposal/initiative from B. Sanders and AOC is very interesting to me: limiting the interest rates charged by payday-loan operations, banks and other lenders. Poorer and less responsible borrowers (like me, when I was young) are hit left, right and sideways by high-interest rates and fees. This, I believe, is an initiative nearly everyone can support.

topaz

That you would even pose the question about whether any human being deserves healthcare just shows how lacking in basic morals you are.
Be thankful folks like @demetriosj are showing their true colors. It should have clear from his/hers previous posts that they are selfish. But now you know where you stand in their eyes.

demetriosj

That you would even pose the question about whether any human being deserves healthcare just shows how lacking in basic morals you are.
Not questioning if a human being deserves healthcare. Putting words in my mouth. It's a matter of who ends up paying for it. Ok, so according to you, the US taxpayer should be responsible for covering health care for basically everyone and anyone in the world who wants to come here, illegally or not? How in the world could that be financially feasible?

demetriosj

Be thankful folks like @demetriosj are showing their true colors. It should have clear from his/hers previous posts that they are selfish. But now you know where you stand in their eyes.
I'm selfish? I can barely afford to support my own family. Now you want my tax dollars to support illegal's healthcare? Insane. Get off your moral high horse and be realistic.

topaz

I'm selfish? I can barely afford to support my own family. Now you want my tax dollars to support illegal's healthcare? Insane. Get off your moral high horse and be realistic.
No, you're selfish because you could give a damn about others plight and misery as long it does not effect you negatively. If another human needs medical attention and they're not citizens of your country(nationalist BS) then they are ass out.

And yes I am being realistic because no one has a choice of where they are born. Also, all of us should display kindness and help others because we WILL need others help one day.

No man is an island.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Struggling to support your family is a real and legitimate problem you share with many Americans across all divides - race, religion, state, etc., but you're buying into the wrong story if you think the things keeping you back are undocumented immigrants and evil, evil government. And you're only going to go on hurting your own interests by continuing to buy the lie.

caseyedwards

The problem is in America all people but especially rich people and businesses are absurdly undertaxed. Of course paying for healthcare for every citizen wouldn’t be a problem if there was proper taxation. Even for illegals too. Give illegals social security; Medicare, Medicaid everything. It’s all affordable if taxation was at the right level. But really it’s time for America to become totally open borders nation officially and then do proper taxation.

Last edited:

demetriosj

The problem is in America all people but especially rich people and businesses are absurdly under taxes. Of course paying for healthcare for every citizen wouldn’t be a problem if there was proper taxation. Even for illegals too. Give illegals social security; Medicare, Medicaid everything. It’s all affordable if taxation was at the right level. But really it’s time for America to become totally open borders nation officially and then do proper taxation.
WTF?

demetriosj

No, you're selfish because you could give a damn about others plight and misery as long it does not effect you negatively. If another human needs medical attention and they're not citizens of your country(nationalist BS) then they are ass out.

And yes I am being realistic because no one has a choice of where they are born. Also, all of us should display kindness and help others because we WILL need others help one day.

No man is an island.
You think it's realistic for US citizens to pay for the world's healthcare, basically, since everyone will be attracted here now knowing we'll cover all of their health expenses? Sorry that's absurd.

demetriosj

Struggling to support your family is a real and legitimate problem you share with many Americans across all divides - race, religion, state, etc., but you're buying into the wrong story if you think the things keeping you back are undocumented immigrants and evil, evil government. And you're only going to go on hurting your own interests by continuing to buy the lie.
So what story are you advising I buy into? What do you think is the truth?

ballettmaus

You think it's realistic for US citizens to pay for the world's healthcare, basically, since everyone will be attracted here now knowing we'll cover all of their health expenses? Sorry that's absurd.
Yes, it is. Health insurance is not just about who is covered but also about what is covered and how it is covered and what services are provided and US health insurance is still lacking.
And that aside, there are also these things called Atlantic and Pacific Ocean between the US and Europe, Asia and Africa that pose somewhat of an obstacle. :saint:

caseyedwards

Kick-ass twitter thread from Elizabeth Warren on why she won't do a Fox News talk hall:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1128314853595189249
Yes, it is. Health insurance is not just about who is covered but also about what is covered and how it is covered and what services are provided and US health insurance is still lacking.
And that aside, there are also these things called Atlantic and Pacific Ocean between the US and Europe, Asia and Africa that pose somewhat of an obstacle. :saint:
lol! Not really as surge of Africans in Portland Maine who crossed over the southern border shows

ballettmaus

lol! Not really as surge of Africans in Portland Maine who crossed over the southern border shows
Read the links you provide. Then read others that include details about the gruesome trips. It is an obstacle and the number of people who make that trip for US health care coverage is probably close to zero.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Rich people and businesses but also many others in lower classes are all undertaxed.
Anyone who feels that everyone, including themselves, is undertaxed, is free to send as much money as they want, to City Haul. Until then, speak for yourself. The problem is government spending. And yes, including under Trump. Phase out and end ALL corporate welfare, get the military out of these endless wars, and stop wasting the courts and police on this War On Drugs that never should have been in place.

VGThuy

Kick-ass twitter thread from Elizabeth Warren on why she won't do a Fox News town hall:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1128314853595189249
I love it. She’s right on the money with that. Hate-for-profit is a brilliant term because that is what so many of these popular sources really are now. They know that sort of rhetoric equals big bucks so they keep doing it and making money while their audiences get more paranoid about “others” and people not like them and become even more scared and hateful. It feeds a cycle of fear and hate, and they fan the flames just for money.

Japanfan

Rich people and businesses but also many others in lower classes are all undertaxed.
You really can't lump the poor and the rich together when it comes to taxation. The rich have money to invest and thereby grow their money, and myriad ways of taking deductions to their income. Whereas the poor can't afford any investments and very often can't even afford to properly clothe or feed their kids.

I don't know about the US., but can tell you that in Canada it is only the very poor who do not pay taxes. Everyone is allowed to have a standard deduction of about $6,000, a number which hasn't gone up in very many years (I think it was the same 40 years ago).

Poor people who earning between $10 and $30 grand per year pay their share of taxes, although those salaries are not living wages in certain parts of the country.

nylynnr

I don't know about the US., but can tell you that in Canada it is only the very poor who do not pay taxes. Everyone is allowed to have a standard deduction of about $6,000, a number which hasn't gone up in very many years (I think it was the same 40 years ago).
More than 44% of Americans pay no federal income tax. If they have jobs, they pay payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare. I don't work with the Canadian tax code but recently Trudeau stated 40% of Canadians don't pay income tax.

demetriosj

No man is an island.
Well if you have extra cash to donate to illegal's health care, go right ahead and donate it to the cause. Don't expect US taxpayers to be able to afford any more taxes, especially to pay for health care for people here illegally. Most of us can't afford to be taxed anymore than we are already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 6)