The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

caseyedwards

This is outrageous. America doesn’t elect Kings! America elects a president but also house and senate. House has power to impeach the president. Democrats won the house in 2018 with many vowing impeachment of trump for his abuses. Trump must be impeached because it’s getting worse and the constitution demands it! Founders of America could have excluded impeachment. The founders of America could have been like there are elections so no reasons for impeachment. But that didn’t happen, they said House and senate are responsible to Impeach not just the voters . The column is disgraceful

caseyedwards

I agree.
If the electorate/people speak; he couldn't truthfully say that Congress maneuvered the result, although he might claim almost anything were he defeated.
But then every president could act like trump for 4 years and maybe lots would be re-elected

ilovepaydays

Republicans Burr and blunt are now impeachment advocates. That’s 51 votes to remove trump right now
I’m pretty sure in impeachment, a 2/3 vote is needed in the Senate to convict and remove from office. That would be 67 Senators. ;)

I believe when Democrat Bill Clinton was impeached, the votes were something like 45-55 & 50-50 Guilty/Not Guilty. And the GOP had about a 10 seat majority then.

Believe it or not, Andrew Johnson was acquitted by one Senator. :eek:

caseyedwards

I’m pretty sure in impeachment, a 2/3 vote is needed in the Senate to convict and remove from office. That would be 67 Senators. ;)

I believe when Democrat Bill Clinton was impeached, the votes were something like 45-55 & 50-50 Guilty/Not Guilty. And the GOP had about a 10 seat majority then.

Believe it or not, Andrew Johnson was acquitted by one Senator. :eek:
Just pointing out there’s already a majority to remove trump with a republican majority

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Who do you think will vote to remove Trump? Ben Sasse will talk a good game, but roll over in the end. Ditto Susan Collins.

ballettmaus

Biden is looking to compromise on climate change policy. He doesn't get it, does he? Blue collar Republicans will.not.vote.for.him! He needs basically all the Democrats and Independents to vote for him and that is not going to happen with some sh*t that's supposed to appeal to Trump voters as well. And climate change is the one thing we can't afford to compromise on. :wall: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-climate-exclusive/presidential-hopeful-biden-looking-for-middle-ground-climate-policy-idUSKCN1SG18G

ilovepaydays

I think the climate change issue is the least of Biden’s problems. The whispers are going to go after his fitness - especially if he keeps doing speeches like this.

Also, Biden has historically had HORRIBLE performances at debates. If (or when) he cracks, who ever are the #2 through #4 Democrats are going to tear him apart.

Last edited:

once_upon

New condo owner
People like Kasich Romney Sasse Flake corker bush’s will likely all endorse Biden! It’s up to you how you feel about it but it’s a fact
Sasse will not endorse a Democrat. You're smoking something strange to think that Sasse is anything but a Republican ass licker, even if he has to support Trump. He is a closet Trump supporter.

caseyedwards

Sasse will not endorse a Democrat. You're smoking something strange to think that Sasse is anything but a Republican ass licker, even if he has to support Trump. He is a closet Trump supporter.
By not endorsing trump in 2016 Sasse was one of Hillary’s biggest supporters! Same thing with Kasich and the bush family and others!

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Sasse did not endorse Clinton. He may not have endorsed Trump, but no way was he going to come out and support Clinton. Not in Nebraska. Besides, given the way that he rolls over for Trump, I'm with @once_upon. Sasse is actually totally fine with Trump as president. He gets to talk big and get attention, and then quietly vote for whatever Trump wants.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I mean I'll vote for the Dem nominee I'm sure but ugh Biden? I'm so unenthused.

VGThuy

Biden is close to that 50% threshold meaning that he'll have more support than the other candidates combined. It'll take a lot to overtake him, but we have a whole year plus a few months and you know how things can shift. I wonder if people like Biden because he makes them feel a lot safer as a leader of this country than some of the other choices (and maybe over Trump). You know, he has that "look" that fits the more classical definition of looking "Presidential".

demetriosj

Biden is close to that 50% threshold meaning that he'll have more support than the other candidates combined. It'll take a lot to overtake him, but we have a whole year plus a few months and you know how things can shift. I wonder if people like Biden because he makes them feel a lot safer as a leader of this country than some of the other choices (and maybe over Trump). You know, he has that "look" that fits the more classical definition of looking "Presidential".
Hard to watch him lately, kind of sad. He seems shaky and he's tripping over words. He looks a lot older than he did a few years ago.

skatesindreams

I wonder if people like Biden because he makes them feel a lot safer as a leader of this country than some of the other choices (and maybe over Trump).
For all his issues, he "projects" as a real person.
The electorate can relate to Biden.

He has a range of experience that is the envy of other candidates.
President Obama actually allowed him to be more than a "ribbon cutter" as VP,

VGThuy

That makes sense but it makes me just want to say it's funny that NOW people like a candidate who has a range of experience. Last election, it seemed like a detriment to be a politician and working in the Executive Branch in the real world with all the bad things that can some times entail. As for Biden being inappropriate with women, invading personal space and having outdated ideas on what is an appropriate greeting, when it comes to being electable, at least 2016 taught us that people are ok with candidates being inappropriate with women, heck they may even see it as an attribute and a sign of being some sort of alpha male or something...which is a term I heard some supporters call Trump.

VGThuy

Also, it looks like some Trump supporters like what "liberal firebrand" Elizabeth Warren has to say:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/11/warren-west-virginia-2020-1317611

KERMIT, W. Va. — It was a startling spectacle in the heart of Trump country: At least a dozen supporters of the president — some wearing MAGA stickers — nodding their heads, at times even clapping, for liberal firebrand Elizabeth Warren.
------
LeeAnn Blankenship, a 38-year-old coach and supervisor at a home visitation company who grew up in Kermit and wore a sharp pink suit, said she may now support Warren in 2020 after voting for Trump in 2016.

“She’s a good ol’ country girl like anyone else,” she said of Warren, who grew up in Oklahoma. “She’s earned where she is, it wasn’t given to her. I respect that.”

nylynnr

For all his issues, he "projects" as a real person.
The electorate can relate to Biden.

He has a range of experience that is the envy of other candidates.
President Obama actually allowed him to be more than a "ribbon cutter" as VP,
I think it's simple. People are responding to Biden because 1. They know him, and 2. They think he may be more fiscally "responsible" (for lack of a better word) than other candidates. The range of proposals -- reparations; free college; debt forgiveness; single payer health insurance; $13,000 raises to all public school teachers; raises to government employees; etc. -- have not all but some people nervous about where the sea change in the U.S. would leave them financially. How much will my taxes increase? Could I still afford my house? That type of feeling.

once_upon

New condo owner
If he becomes the nominee I will vote for him over Trump any day. But Biden and Sanders have at least 3 things against them in my book. 1. OLD 2. WHITE 3. MEN.

I hope that the comments that Biden "looks more presidential" aren't true. Because if they are, it means that the status quo of old white men being more presidential that say a woman, a person of color, a gay candidate, etc.

I would hope that we could move away from the patriarchal society, but looks like we aren't.

demetriosj

Biden and Kamala think US taxpayers should pay for Universal Healthcare for basically anyone in the world who comes here and wants it, illegal or not.

once_upon

New condo owner
Got news for ya...you are already paying for it just at a higher cost because insurers are making a profit off you and others.

That $10 ibuprofen medication is helping to write off uninsured costs.

A single payor universal coverage will help in eliminating that huge mark up. The free market can stay intact with supplemental plans you purchase. But standard payment for standard care by one payor.

We got to get pharma out of the way - allow everyone the assistance they give to insured people. So that everyone can get those coupons to reduce your prescription costs.

But no matter what you are currently paying for that care, just at a higher rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 7)