The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
Ratings
I think there is a lot of individuality in training of dogs (and people). First, the trainer has to be consistent and I fail there. :lol: Then the dog has to be willing. And smart enough.

But I'm an old dog and I learn new tricks all the time. :D

topaz

Ratings
topaz must be looking forward to that convention.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the decision.

State Rep. Kalan Haywood, D-Milwaukee, said the DNC choosing the city speaks to "the hope that we have in Milwaukee."

"People around the country believe that Milwaukee is the next big thing," Haywood said. "I'm extremely excited. And Milwaukee is next up."
LOL, I'm like what city is he talking about. The price tag is estimated at around $70 million.

I am hoping the issues that Milwaukee & Wisconsin face like other cities will be highlighted - high incarceration rate of african americans, one of the most racially segregated cities in the US(Milwaukee), public school/charter issue is highlighted. These are issues that so many US cities face.

The more I find out - I'll share with the thread.

Last edited:

Daena

Ratings
Soooo. Kristen Gillibrand's aide was accused of sexual misconduct, he was investigated, but kept his job and only after the story was leaked to press, he was fired. Remembering she was the first who demanded Al Franken to resign I find her a little bit... I don't know, inconsistent?

Japanfan

Ratings
I think there is a lot of individuality in training of dogs (and people). First, the trainer has to be consistent and I fail there. :lol: Then the dog has to be willing. And smart enough.

But I'm an old dog and I learn new tricks all the time. :D
I had trouble learning new tricks even as a puppy, and have not improved over time. :)

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Ratings
Soooo. Kristen Gillibrand's aide was accused of sexual misconduct, he was investigated, but kept his job and only after the story was leaked to press, he was fired. Remembering she was the first who demanded Al Franken to resign I find her a little bit... I don't know, inconsistent?
She wasn’t the first, but she was vocal about it. This is not going to help. Look for the royalty of misogyny, GOP, to jump all over this.

topaz

Ratings
Joe Biden is set to announce he is running for president in April. I was told. :sekret:

This is not good news for Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, Corey Booker, Jim Hickenlooper, Jay Inslee and Kamala Harris.

ilovepaydays

Ratings
Joe Biden is set to announce he is running for president in April. I was told. :sekret:

This is not good news for Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, Corey Booker, Jim Hickenlooper, Jay Inslee and Kamala Harris.
I guess his fundraising projections are more optimistic than I thought. Many people think his polling could drop once he announces, so maybe that’s why he’s waiting. He does have decades of potential stuff for the other campaigns to use for oppo research.

ballettmaus

Ratings
Come to think of it, I think it's amazing how many Democrats are in the race considering the sheer amount of work that they'd face if they get elected. Not only do they have the national issues (you have to find a way to not let the budget get worse, unify the country and at the same time, do something about climate change, healthcare and possibly college tuition) but there are also all the international relationships that need to be repaired. Plus, they have to figure out how to handle North Korea because I don't think to going back to the way things were it going to be possible. And Trump still has over a year left to do a lot of damage. How does none of the candidates feel overwhelmed at the prospect already? ;)

caseyedwards

Ratings
Come to think of it, I think it's amazing how many Democrats are in the race considering the sheer amount of work that they'd face if they get elected. Not only do they have the national issues (you have to find a way to not let the budget get worse, unify the country and at the same time, do something about climate change, healthcare and possibly college tuition) but there are also all the international relationships that need to be repaired. Plus, they have to figure out how to handle North Korea because I don't think to going back to the way things were it going to be possible. And Trump still has over a year left to do a lot of damage. How does none of the candidates feel overwhelmed at the prospect already? ;)
Plus the explosion of asylum claims causing extraordinary the border emergency! NYT and WAPO both say border control is totally overwhelmed

once_upon

New condo owner
Ratings
This afternoon I was with 5 democrats, all of whom are over 60. We all agreed that Sanders and Biden are too old. (I didnt state my opinion until after everone had spoken) They want someone in the 47-65 age group.

clairecloutier

Ratings
This afternoon I was with 5 democrats, all of whom are over 60. We all agreed that Sanders and Biden are too old. (I didnt state my opinion until after everone had spoken) They want someone in the 47-65 age group.

My parents stated in the past that 70+ was too old to become President, in their opinion. (They're over 70 themselves.)

Now, my mom is changing her tune a bit because she likes Joe Biden. :biggrinbo

ballettmaus

Ratings
They want someone in the 47-65 age group.
How did they come up with the number of 47? I mean, why 47 and not 45? It sounds so specific.

I guess, 37 is young. But what Buttigieg says makes a lot of sense. And I think if Sanders and Biden were ten years younger they'd still be old white men. I don't think the "old" is so much about the age itself than it is about what they represent.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
Beto is expected to announce candidacy soon, as per msnbc. After his loss in the senate race he talked to President Obama and it sounds like he was interviewed by Opra recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)