The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

There’s a segment of the Dem (and non-Dem) membership that is pissed off at the moment, and I get it, but...we have to win over the retirees in Florida and get Miami excited to show up. We have to try to win back the firewall states and Pennsylvania. We need to make voters in Ohio feel safe to vote for the Dem ticket. We have a chance to get people who are on the fence in Arizona, Texas, and other red maybe purple states. I think Harris was the right choice for that.

DFJ

DT was supposed to have a news conference today. Did I miss it or did neither CNN nor MSNBC carry it?

VGThuy

I saw one going on live on facebook, but I think nobody cares given the news of Harris as the running mate.

DFJ

I checked You Tube. There was one but at least MSNBC didn't carry it. No great loss.

MacMadame

Staying at home
There’s a segment of the Dem (and non-Dem) membership that is pissed off at the moment, and I get it, but...we have to win over the retirees in Florida and get Miami excited to show up. We have to try to win back the firewall states and Pennsylvania. We need to make voters in Ohio feel safe to vote for the Dem ticket. We have a chance to get people who are on the fence in Arizona, Texas, and other red maybe purple states. I think Harris was the right choice for that.
There is this. And Harris does have a lot of progressive positions for the Progressives.

You know, when I was younger, I considered myself left of center. While I have gotten more liberal over the years as I've come to understand more and more about how the system works against certain people, I don't think if I held these positions in say the 80s that I would be considered at all extreme. I would still have been very much to the right of the extreme ends.

It's the country and the party that has changed to make my positions seem so much more liberal. I think we need to change that back. And I think progressives need to look at the record of these two candidates with that history in mind.

Vagabond

A lot of the coverage of Trump's recent public statements has focused on how they inaccurate and even outright lies. Plus, there was little he can say today that would not get drowned out in the coverage of the Democratic ticket. He will be back, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information