The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

MsZem

I mostly ignore stupid and debunked memes but I think maybe people who want Biden as President need to start countering the two Russian talking points that Biden is (a) senile and (b) a pedophile.
There's no depth Trump & supporters won't sink to with this stuff.

All that's needed for the "senile" part to be debunked is for people to hear Biden talk. And those who believe in conspiracy theories like Q stuff are probably a lost cause.

MacMadame

Staying at home

All that's needed for the "senile" part to be debunked is for people to hear Biden talk. And those who believe in conspiracy theories like Q stuff are probably a lost cause.
I'm worried because my own kid said she was voting for Biden "even though he's a pedophile". And when I objected she said, "haven't you seen the pictures". (I had seen the pictures but having done professional video editing, I knew they were Russian propaganda but apparently other people are totally convinced by them.)

Susan1

I'm worried because my own kid said she was voting for Biden "even though he's a pedophile". And when I objected she said, "haven't you seen the pictures". (I had seen the pictures but having done professional video editing, I knew they were Russian propaganda but apparently other people are totally convinced by them.)
On FB, they said there's a picture Don Jr. is circulating of Joe leaning over kissing his granddaughter on the top of the head AT HER FATHER'S FUNERAL. Jr. doesn't bother explaining it though. Those people are SO despicable.
ETA -
Sorry, zemgirl, I didn't open what you posted before I replied to this post.

Comment farther down on that page -

Hillary Clinton

Jul 1

If elected president, you can bet @joebiden will never tweet about his TV ratings.

Last edited:

Susan1

I think this is the one they showed on Morning Joe today -

Apparently, Trevor Noah has the opportunity to do this a lot -

Last edited:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Actually, if he believed that, he would cut a deal with Pence and resign and have Pence pardon him. I don't think he believes he will ever be in handcuffs.
My thought is that if Trump loses in November (Lord willing), he’ll resign, and Pence will pardon him.

allezfred

#EpidemiologistsNotEconomists
Staff member
My thought is that if Trump loses in November (Lord willing), he’ll resign, and Pence will pardon him.
Can someone be pardoned in the US if they haven’t been convicted and sentenced for a crime?

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Can someone be pardoned in the US if they haven’t been convicted and sentenced for a crime?
In a word, yes. A federal pardon even can be granted prior to charges being filed. As an example, Gerald Ford's pre-emptive pardon of Nixon.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Neither a new President nor Trump himself would be able to pardon him for any charges he might face in a state court, and all indications are that he faces the possibility of presecution in New York. I am sure that Trump knows this.

caseyedwards

Trump will face charges in at least 3 states. New York tax fraud,Virginia and New Jersey knowingly employing undocumented

so he needs pardons from.Pence, cuomo, Murphy and Northam

Louis

Private citizen
Based on the way the polling is looking and the number of anti-Trump ads / endorsements, I do think those who thought it was a better strategy to pull in new voters v. trying to win over Republicans / never-Trumpers may have to eat their words :lol:.

Sadly, I think a less controversial nominee in 2016 (even Biden himself) could have prevented Trump altogether.

I'd go very safe on the VP pick.

Louis

Private citizen
Curious- who do you think is most safe? Harris?
Not sure, but I would stay far away from Susan Rice, Stacey Abrams, and Elizabeth Warren -- each of whom is controversial enough to turn this in Trump's favor, against all odds. (Despite my general distaste for Warren, I think she's the least bad of the three.)

While I like Harris very much, enough people whose opinions I respect (including many on this board) think she's a liability and has too much actual and perceived baggage. I learned my lesson with Hillary Clinton not to ignore people screaming "baggage."

I like the growing Duckworth momentum.

Somewhat paradoxically, I think the Democrats' best chance of implementing a left agenda is running firmly to the center.

Tony Wheeler

While I like Harris very much, enough people whose opinions I respect (including many on this board) think she's a liability and has too much actual and perceived baggage. I learned my lesson with Hillary Clinton not to ignore people screaming "baggage."

I like the growing Duckworth momentum.
I'm all on-board the Duckworth train, but even with the recent op-eds pushing her, I still don't feel like she's really in contention. Hope I'm wrong. She's extremely, extremely prepared and well-spoken, and I think she's really relatable in the way she talks.

caseyedwards

Duckworth has lots of posts about how Trump should have heard the bounty story and immediately acted and not even sought confirmation or proof! What do democrats want with regard to Russia? Seems very extreme and maybe even regime change

vvh.equ9art

I'm all on-board the Duckworth train, but even with the recent op-eds pushing her, I still don't feel like she's really in contention. Hope I'm wrong. She's extremely, extremely prepared and well-spoken, and I think she's really relatable in the way she talks.
You know I'm all for Duckworth, so I'm going to paraphrase something I posted the other day. I think she has the least baggage of any of the top contenders, and while I still don't think that she will be the one, I do think that with recent events the possibility of Duckworth has gone way up. With Russia paying Afghan militants to kill American troops, Biden might decide to choose a military hero who lost her legs in combat in Iraq. Just optically it would be powerful, but she's also been gutting Trump over his inability to confront Putin, she's been calling for an investigation, and she will be front and center if investigations occur. And in recent days, she has been very visible on Twitter raking Trump over the coals.

Plus, with all the intense factional demands for Warren and Harris, it might be wise to choose someone else entirely.

caseyedwards

Right. The majority of people thought Hillary had it in the bag in 2016, too.
This is true but the reporters are just telling the facts as they are now. At this moment Biden will win Kansas and republicans are panicking. This is like 2016 and maybe things will change or maybe they won’t.

Cachoo

This is true but the reporters are just telling the facts as they are now. At this moment Biden will win Kansas and republicans are panicking. This is like 2016 and maybe things will change or maybe they won’t.
[/QUOTE
That tickled me when I saw Biden’s numbers here in Red Kansas. I am sure Trump will try and rally his red base before all is said and done.

MacMadame

Staying at home
And this editorial asks the GOP if sacrificing what they stand for in exchange for conservative justices will be worth it in the long run:

I think all the Abortion! voters should read this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 17)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information