The Race for the 2020 POTUS elections

caseyedwards

You would have thought republicans nominating birther number one would have been a real extraordinary motivator but it really wasn’t. Now obamagate could be birther 2 but it’s not as flashy.

The real story is about how everyone in obama admin didn’t want flynn nsa because he was national security risk and they talked to comey about removing him from his job when trump Formally hired him. Seems very good and they all need to be upfront.

Last edited:

Louis

An interesting article on how #obamagate is a dumb idea:
Agreed. Even as someone now questioning whether I can vote for any Democrat at any level of office, I am very turned off by this attempt to blame Obama. It's childish, inaccurate, and frankly racist. Blame China. Blame the WHO. Blame the Democratic governors. All of that is justifiable, whether you agree with it or not. Blaming Obama is disingenuous and crass.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
In Montgomery County, PA absentee ballots were mailed with the wrong instructions. https://www.inquirer.com/politics/e...a-absentee-ballots-instructions-20200518.html
the Montco instructions may not be the best, but having filled out and mailed my Lehigh County ballot yesterday, it's very clear on the ballot which oval corresponds to Uncle Joe. Which I filled out with gusto, the same way I will in November.👍

This was the first time PA allowed voting by mail for no particular reason, so the first time I filled out a ballot at home. Because I am old school, I was ridiculously pleased that they included the "I voted" sticker:biggrinbo I intend to wear it on June 2.

ballettmaus

The Sanders campaign wants supporters/delegates to enter an agreement barring attacks on other candidates, party leaders, confrontations on social media and giving media interviews without approval.

“Refrain from making negative statements about other candidates, party leaders, Campaigns, Campaign staffers, supporters, news organizations or journalists. This Campaign is about the issues and finding solutions to America’s problems,” said the social media policy sent to some delegates. “Our job is to differentiate the senator from his opponents on the issues — not through personal attacks.”

“Do your best to avoid online arguments or confrontations,” the policy said. “If engaging in an adversarial conversation, be respectful when addressing opposing viewpoints or commenting on the opposition.”

“When delegates attend the Democratic convention, they will be representing Sen. Sanders, the ideas he ran on and the millions of working people who supported his campaign,” Sanders campaign spokesman Mike Casca said in a statement. “That is a serious responsibility and we’re asking them to follow a basic code of conduct while carrying out that duty.”

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
The Sanders campaign wants supporters/delegates to enter an agreement barring attacks on other candidates, party leaders, confrontations on social media and giving media interviews without approval.
I am seriously impressed. Nice job, Bernie.
Me too.

I wonder whether the Our Revolution folk will listen to him?
The crap they have been sending me lately is definitely not helpful.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
Good lord, people on Twitter stupid. Did you read the thread? It's typical Twitter. You know 95% of those people didn't read the article that started it. It said Biden has a dozen women under consideration. A dozen. But everyone is commenting as if the article said he's picked Klobuchar as his running mate. :rolleyes:

ballettmaus

I know that it's been reported that donors/members of the party want Klobuchar and maybe the MSM wants her, too, but is she really that popular otherwise? Don't they do polling? Is she really polling that well that it's worth the effort of going through a vetting process?

Louis

I know that it's been reported that donors/members of the party want Klobuchar and maybe the MSM wants her, too, but is she really that popular otherwise? Don't they do polling? Is she really polling that well that it's worth the effort of going through a vetting process?
She should be vetted at the very least as a courtesy. She was the first contender to drop out and endorse Biden - and she did so right before her home state primary, which she would have won. Furthermore, she swung the state from Sanders (who was polling neck in neck with her) to Biden.

Many people like her, once they're exposed to her (e.g., NH). She's solidly left but pragmatic, from the midwest, and can reach a segment of the Democrats that can be hard for the "coastal elites" to reach. She preaches empathy, so you should like her. :saint:

Biden doesn't have to pick her, but if didn't vet her after what she did for him, it would be a major snub.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I think she's popular enough. I say vet all 12 because time's a wasting! You don't want to vet only a handful, say 3, and find out all 3 have stuff in their background that is disqualifying and now you have to start over.

Btw, when Biden said he was going to pick a woman, I figured he wouldn't have said that if he didn't already have a few women in mind that had at least preliminary vetting. But it's taken him so long to do this and his list is still so big that either I was wrong or else the large list is a smokescreen. (I'd bet on being wrong first.)

vvh.equ9art

I agree that Biden needs to vet her after her endorsement, although she was not the first to drop out, but I'd be surprised if she's his choice. He owes Rep. Clyburn and the black voters of South Carolina a lot more than he owes Amy, and they are insisting on a black VP or at least a woman of color. I read where Biden is also interviewing Sen. Tammy Duckworth, and if he doesn't choose a black woman, I think she would be an excellent choice. (My top 3 choices would be Tammy Duckworth, Kamala Harris and Susan Rice, not necessarily in that order.)

As for Amy helping win the Midwest, she came in 5th in Iowa.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Hmmm, Susan Rice as VP. Yeah, I can see that. Besides, she sets Republicans’ teeth on edge. But, any one of these strong women would work for me.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Defense lawyers in California are reviewing criminal cases in which Tara Reade, the former Senate aide who has accused Joseph R. Biden Jr. of sexual assault, served as an expert witness on domestic violence, concerned that she misrepresented her educational credentials in court....

But lawyers who had faced off against her in court began raising questions about the legitimacy of her testimony, and the verdicts that followed, after news reports this week that Antioch University had disputed her claim of receiving a bachelor’s degree from its Seattle campus.
:watch:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
No. But Trump sells anything that can be produced for peanuts and sold for $35.

I see by the article, he is selling a 200-piece Trump jigsaw puzzle. Clearly, he does not think much of his supporters' puzzling ability. ;)

Louis

Susan Rice?!?!? 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 Only a person on a mission to lose an election and bring back all of the Hillary Clinton scandals would have her on any list. She may be the one person on earth who'd be a worse pick than Elizabeth Warren.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
No. But Trump sells anything that can be produced for peanuts and sold for $35.

I see by the article, he is selling a 200-piece Trump jigsaw puzzle. Clearly, he does not think much of his supporters' puzzling ability. ;)
Hey, they’re good at it, “Look! It only took me a week and the package says ‘4 years and up!’”

Louis

The language used to describe the alleged Klobuchar incident is disturbingly sexist - making her out to be a hysterical woman throwing office supplies that a secretary would have.

maureenfarone

Recently a neighbor and I were talking about VP candidates and she mentioned Michelle Lujan Grisham. Would she be a good candidate? Wiki says she served in the House and previously in state government.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 5)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information