The Medical Thread: Vaccine Search / Staying Healthy / Treatments Etc

Jayar

No political agenda when I ask this, but I am wondering if anybody else has lingering side effects from thr vaccination? It has been two months since my second dose of Moderna, and I am still exhausted all of the time. My body aches-- especially my toenails (really). Anything I do I have to push myself because the energy level is not there. My joints are achy, too. I have blood panel results coming back next week, but I am not hopeful.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
No political agenda when I ask this, but I am wondering if anybody else has lingering side effects from thr vaccination? It has been two months since my second dose of Moderna, and I am still exhausted all of the time. My body aches-- especially my toenails (really). Anything I do I have to push myself because the energy level is not there. My joints are achy, too. I have blood panel results coming back next week, but I am not hopeful.
What you describe are definitely some of the side effects listed for the moderna shot.

The big question are the side effects diminishing, getting worse, or remaining the same?

Lastly, could you have had a mild case of the bug around the time you got vaccinated? My wife is a long hauler and she gets the symptoms you describe on and off, though they are diminishing with time.

Karen-W

I wouldn't say that I'm exhausted or achy but I've definitely noticed that I'm more fatigued than I was in the past. The arm where I had my shot also still has some lingering tenderness. It's been 1.5 months for me.

sk8pics

No, I felt great by the end of the second day after my second Moderna shot. Did you register with that vaccination symptom tracker website run by the CDC? At least you could report your symptoms. And someone might contact you, though I don’t know if it would really help you, but it still might be useful information.

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
Or he's 18 & the sleep patterns of a teenager mean they stay up later & sleep in more.
He woke up at 6:30 PM, hungry because he hadn’t eaten all day.

yeah, I do take that into account. He has asked me to wake him up at 8:30 am and I try to do that. Today he is more or less back on track.

Miezekatze

Since @marbri had asked about teh serious side effects in Johnson&Johnson, the newest German security report now includes 1.149.100 vaccinations with J&J and still there was no case of the serious side effect.

Also i read that the promised EU deliveries of J&J for June can't be fulfilled because a lot of the vaccine has to be destroyed because of the production problem in the US. So I don't think there's a big risk that bad quality vaccine would make it into the EU. I think both the FDA and the EMA are thorough when it comes to quality controls.

Of course the serious side effect could still occur.

AFAIK there was one death with J&J in France.

skategal

Bunny mama
An update on Canada’s delivery of 300,000 doses of J&J is that it did not pass the safety review and won’t be released for use.

There is an ingredient in it that was made in the Baltimore factory that made mistakes and it can’t be confirmed if the doses are safe.

We are supposed to get another shipment in late June.

skatingguy

Golden Team
An update on Canada’s delivery of 300,000 doses of J&J is that it did not pass the safety review and won’t be released for use.

There is an ingredient in it that was made in the Baltimore factory that made mistakes and it can’t be confirmed if the doses are safe.

We are supposed to get another shipment in late June.
We should really be declining that shipment - properly made & safe J&J doses should be sent to countries with limited access to vaccinations.

skategal

Bunny mama
We should really be declining that shipment - properly made & safe J&J doses should be sent to countries with limited access to vaccinations.
I agree. I am surprised we are accepting it.

But maybe some provinces have something in mind for it?

Or maybe we have to accept it before donating it?

I expect my province won’t take it as we don’t need it (we’ve already declined to take shipment of AZ from the Feds)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Since @marbri had asked about teh serious side effects in Johnson&Johnson, the newest German security report now includes 1.149.100 vaccinations with J&J and still there was no case of the serious side effect.

Also i read that the promised EU deliveries of J&J for June can't be fulfilled because a lot of the vaccine has to be destroyed because of the production problem in the US. So I don't think there's a big risk that bad quality vaccine would make it into the EU. I think both the FDA and the EMA are thorough when it comes to quality controls.

Of course the serious side effect could still occur.

AFAIK there was one death with J&J in France.
Thanks. My daughter is an adult and choosing to get the vaccine tomorrow so I am just trying to find my zen and keep out of it. We got 24 000 does from Sweden, how kind of them :p. They have given 26 500 doses here so far and two people had serious side effects.

Fingers crossed ;)

once_upon

My middle son got the first vaccine available to him. It was supposed to.be Pfizer, but when he got to the vaccination site it was J&J. He is slightly concerned about efficacy rate but still glad he got it.

attyfan

According to this, Moderna should be roughly as effective against variants as Pfizer:

https://www.nj.com/********/2021/06...erna-vaccine-work-against-the-new-strain.html

sk8pics

Geez, can they stop using that facility already?
They aren't using it now, this was part of the original problems, which I think went on for a little while. I believe they're still working on the processes and procedures to avoid future problems; that's what i recall reading yesterday or today.

ballettmaus

They aren't using it now, this was part of the original problems, which I think went on for a little while. I believe they're still working on the processes and procedures to avoid future problems; that's what i recall reading yesterday or today.
I read that they were testing vaccines which used an ingredient from that facility, so I assumed they'd started using it again (or maybe that was mentioned as well?) and they'd messed up yet again.

canbelto

Well I guess it had to happen eventually: someone told me today on FB that getting the vaccine was like being "marked" with a Star of David for the Holocaust. I told him that was an offensive comparison, and he stuck to his guns.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Well I guess it had to happen eventually: someone told me today on FB that getting the vaccine was like being "marked" with a Star of David for the Holocaust. I told him that was an offensive comparison, and he stuck to his guns.
Wasn't that started by that blonde US politician (Marjorie something??)?

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
My lord, it is only Tuesday and we already have a candidate for the asshole of the week award……unbelievable.

manhn

Well, I got an appointment for Pfizer/Moderna as my second shot (probably Pfizer) for next Saturday. I got AZ as my first shot at a local pharmacy, but my pharmacist has not called me yet (we're not supposed to call them). Pfizer/Moderna is done through mass clinics, so you get an email to book an appointment (I got an email this morning). Most clinics are booked full through the first week of July, but I was able to secure a June appt in a suburb not close to me but no big deal on a Saturday. I was always gonna get whatever shot I can get my hands on first, but I'll probably stick with Pfizer. Work sucks and I cannot take time off for the shot (and, more importantly, the time to recover). So, the only time I could conceivably get AZ is this coming Saturday (the pharmacy is not open on Sunday). I can wait an extra week. I will have so many T-Cells in me!

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Wasn't that started by that blonde US politician (Marjorie something??)?
Yeah, but she's already walked it back. She visited the Holocaust Museum yesterday and gave a press conference that now she understands she made a mistake. I'd say this didn't come from the heart, knowing her track record. I'm guessing there was tremendous pressure on her from various sources.

once_upon

Yeah, but she's already walked it back. She visited the Holocaust Museum yesterday and gave a press conference that now she understands she made a mistake. I'd say this didn't come from the heart, knowing her track record. I'm guessing there was tremendous pressure on her from various sources.
But Democrats are still Nazi. Im exhausted with all the politics surrounding vaccines, particularly the C-19 one.

Dave of the North

NB reached their Phase 2 goal of 20% of the over age 65 people having their second dose. The Phase 3 goal is for 75% of all those eligible to get their second dose.

At least 70% of those 40 and above have gotten their first dose. Starting next week, anyone who had their first dose at least 4 weeks earlier can book their second dose.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
On the local news they were talking about areas of our state where vaccination rates are low. What is interesting is those who are adamant ly against it do not not have close connections to folks who had the V. The people who were adamant about getting it had family or close friends who had the V or died from it.

The unfortunate thing there is no way to force folks to get vaccine. Hopefully they don’t regret it later this year when there will be some increase in the V.

Orm Irian

Well, here we go again. The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has now recommended that AZ doses be restricted to the over 60s because of another death in the 50-59 age group. Our alleged government just opened up Pfizer immunisations for the 40-49 age group nationwide - without actually having enough Pfizer doses to cover two for everyone in that age group - and at the same time has cut the number of doses going to Victoria while it mops up its latest outbreak...and now they have another cohort to cover with Pfizer too (except for the ones who've already had a dose of AZ and are being told to get the second anyway, given current local advice is not to mix vaccines). And not nearly enough Pfizer in the country to go around.

The Federal Minister for Health and Aged Care, unfondly dubbed 'poor Yorick' in Parliament recently by Opposition wags who are creative enough with their rhyming slang* that the Speaker has to ignore them and hope they get bored of it rather than waste time repeatedly censuring them for quoting Shakespeare, has just announced that we will apparently be getting 2.8 million doses of Pfizer next month instead of the scheduled 600,000, but given this government and announcements, I'll wait until they arrive before cheering for that one.

*His surname is Hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information