The Medical Thread: Vaccine Search / Staying Healthy / Treatments Etc

ballettmaus

Scientists are concerned that Russia is rushing the YKW vaccine.

AJ Skatefan

Sky News Australia...ummm...let’s just say it’s not like Sky UK.
It’s basically the home of the Australian far right. I’d take that article with a massive pinch of salt!
I saw a few red flags in that story! Is a gastroenterologist an expert in respiratory viruses?

MacMadame

Staying at home
I saw a few red flags in that story! Is a gastroenterologist an expert in respiratory viruses?
I think the article is nonsense but I do have to say that in general ***** do tend to mutate and that these mutations do tend to make the ***** less deadly over time.

So it's possible this might happen someday. Eventually. Maybe.

sk9tingfan

The responsibility for compiling and tracking *********-19 data in the US has reverted to the CDC! Revenge is sweet for those who are data geeks and desire accuracy and transparency.

MsZem

On the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine candidate - fewer side effects than their original candidate!

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Italy begins testing a YKW vaccine on humans:

"The potential vaccine, called GRAd-COV2, was developed by ReiThera, a company based in Rome. The Lazio region, around the Italian capital, said in a statement early trials, including on animals, had delivered positive results."

MacMadame

Staying at home
Last edited:

Orm Irian

ABC News reported tonight that the developers of the Flinders University/Vaxine vaccine candidate I posted about a while ago has just been given - I think, not sure if I'm remembering exactly - AU$1m in funding from the state government to progress their trial process, which is great news. We need all the potential vaccines we can get!

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
I had a checkup appointment with my primary care physician this morning and he told me that he and his partner in practice are planning to participate in vaccine trials (he didn't say which one) in December of this year.

Judy

Minnesota to start using saliva based testing next month.

Also, here is an article on another University of Minnesota cell therapy based trial.

My niece who is a RN in Victoria B.C. Canada had told me they were beginnning to use spitting aka saliva. That was back in early June. I have no idea if the rest of Canada is doing it. She said they were getting a bit better results. Keep in mind that the testing couldn’t tell the difference between The ***** and the flu. Obviously deaths, hospitilzation etc would tell the difference with further tests etc.

Judy

My niece who is a RN in Victoria B.C. Canada had told me they were beginnning to use spitting aka saliva. That was back in early June. I have no idea if the rest of Canada is doing it. She said they were getting a bit better results. Keep in mind that the testing couldn’t tell the difference between The ***** and the flu. Obviously deaths, hospitilzation etc would tell the difference with further tests etc.

why doesn’t it let me type the words?

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information