I asked my pharmacy about ETA of new booster. She said they expected next week. To call before coming though.
You can bet I'll be calling.
You can bet I'll be calling.
I have a question about getting the next booster and seasonal flu shots at the same time within the next couple of weeks. My understanding is the seasonal flu shot is effective for about 6 months which means it would last until about mid-March. In Ohio our flu season lasts until about early May. Wouldn't it be better for me to wait on the seasonal flu shot until the end of October? My doctor also wants me get the newest pneumonia vaccine (maybe Prevnar 20?) and I'm trying to figure out when to get that.We got our second booster as soon as it was approved in anticipation of our April cruise (that did not happen). It is 6 months post that booster.
DH is not sure since it is a new formulation. At least 4 people at church came down with Covid this week. I'm ready to get it as soon as it is in the pharmacy. Probably with the flu vaccine at the same time.
I have been advised by my doctor in the past to wait until the end of October to get my flu vaccine because it lasts for six months. Last year, the flu season ran later than usual, with a lot of cases well into May. So, I may wait a little longer that usual to get my flu shot.I have a question about getting the next booster and seasonal flu shots at the same time within the next couple of weeks. My understanding is the seasonal flu shot is effective for about 6 months which means it would last until about mid-March. In Ohio our flu season lasts until about early May. Wouldn't it be better for me to wait on the seasonal flu shot until the end of October?
I got two vaccines at my last checkup and one of them was like that. I think it's just random or maybe it's technique because it happens to me sometimes but not others.However, this shot did feel different going in. I swear I could feel it go up my arm. Not pain or anything, just a weird sensation.
My mom got the high dose flu shot last year and felt so sick that she went back to the regular dose this year.I was able to get a Moderna bi-valent booster yesterday due to a cancellation. No issues other than a slightly sore arm and a bit of lethargy. High dose flu shots seem to be in short supply in my area and the best we could get is next Friday. That’s probably good as the hi-dose tends to knock me out for 24 hours.
Every year is a good year to get the flu shot.Thoughts on getting the bivalent booster and the flu shot simultaneously vs spreading them out? My last covid booster (4th dose) was in July, here (Canada) they are recommending waiting six months but you can get it after three. We are travelling at the end of November and my husband is moderately high risk so we want to get the bivalent booster before we go, but also think this is a good year to get the flu shot. I know some of you have been getting them at the same time. I could also do the flu shot now and do the bivalent booster in a couple of weeks, trying to decide if I should get any side effects over with all at once or spread it out (I reacted quite badly to doses 1 and 2, mildly to dose 3, and hardly at all to dose 4, I don't usually react badly to a flu shot).