The Medical Thread: Vaccine Search / Staying Healthy / Treatments Etc

KCC

I got my second Moderna booster yesterday. No issues except for a modestly sore arm and a little trouble sleeping last night. Not bad at all. I'm going to Stars on Ice on the 26th, visiting a college student at her university on the 27-28th, visiting my stepson in mid-June and going to our family reunion in Myrtle Beach in July. Lots of things coming up that I don't want to miss (well, except for maybe the reunion).

sk8pics

So, I spoke too soon. I seem to be having a reaction today to my booster shot from yesterday: I was exhausted when I woke up, muscle aches, and then in the afternoon I had chills that have since changed to a 101.3 fever.

I did take a test this morning and it was negative. I’ll take another one tomorrow, but I do think it’s a reaction. Similar symptoms but it took longer for them to appear, presumably because of the lower dose.

AJ Skatefan

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
No monkeypox thread on FSU?

Here’s an overview, published today (24 May):

Apparently it’s not as contagious or, if caught, as life threatening as COVID. Caught mainly through prolonged contact with bodily fluids and such. So far, the current strain affects a “disproportionate number of men who have sex with men.”

More on this -

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information