The Medical Thread: Vaccine Search / Staying Healthy / Treatments Etc

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
In roughly two weeks I have an appointment for C0vid booster. Not really looking forward to it, because the second dose made me quite ill for about a week.
Moderna? My pharmacy is supposed to let me know when it comes in. They said it would only be days. Hopefully the booster won't be too bad for you. I only felt ill from 24-48h after. I forgot about that!

hanca

Values her privacy
Moderna? My pharmacy is supposed to let me know when it comes in. They said it would only be days. Hopefully the booster won't be too bad for you. I only felt ill from 24-48h after. I forgot about that!
Not sure which one I am getting. Whatever they give me. Before I had twice Pfizer.

Vagabond

I tried downloading my vaccine certificate from the State website today so that I would not need to carry a hard copy around with me, but for some reason, I may have to wait three weeks. :wall:

At least I now have a photo of the certificate on my phone, and that should be enough. 🤞

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I stopped in at the Walgreens where I'd gotten my 2 shots to see if I'd need to make an appointment for the booster. I told the pharmacist that I knew because it was Moderna, it wouldn't be right away. I was just asking about appointments vs. dropping in.

She said they weren't doing Moderna, just Pfizer. Moderna would be available at the Walgreens one town up and I would need an appointment.

I checked later today and of course I had gotten Moderna from them last winter. So they've changed since then, which is just the kind of thing you don't expect a place to do.

Loyalty is a lost art form (well, not lost to me, since I'm Team Moderna all the way).

sk8pics

I haven't had a tetanus shot since I was a child I guess. I really should remember to ask my dr about that.
I can’t believe your doctor hasn’t told you to get a tetanus booster. Mine usually would give the booster at around 9 years, or maybe 8 years if I was traveling.

Judy

I can’t believe your doctor hasn’t told you to get a tetanus booster. Mine usually would give the booster at around 9 years, or maybe 8 years if I was traveling.
Yeah … but I’ve changed doctors too. He retired just before covid and I have a new dr but only phone appointments so far. We had so much going on in my family though (lost 3 members of my family with cancer and other stuff). I’ll def bring it up with my new one.

once_upon

Vaccinated
Yeah … but I’ve changed doctors too. He retired just before ********* and I have a new dr but only phone appointments so far. We had so much going on in my family though (lost 3 members of my family with cancer and other stuff). I’ll def bring it up with my new one.
Do pharmacies administer them in Canada? I dropped gardening shears on my big toe, puncturing the skin. I went to the pharmacy the next day and got one ASAP.

Judy

Do pharmacies administer them in Canada? I dropped gardening shears on my big toe, puncturing the skin. I went to the pharmacy the next day and got one ASAP.
I don’t think they would have tetanus. They definitely administer flu shots and the covid shots.

sk8pics

I don’t think they would have tetanus. They definitely administer flu shots and the ********* shots.
It is common here for pharmacies to have common shots like this. Definitely check it out soon…

Meanwhile, I have an appointment to get my Moderna booster today at 5! :cheer2: I am so excited to be able to get it the day after it was authorized! I am prepared to lounge around this evening and tomorrow…. Whatever shall I do?:lol:

oleada

If you're,allergic to eggs then the flu shot should be avoided. I personally don't know anyone that has ever had a reaction.
This is not true, my son is allergic to eggs and has received the flu shot.

I’m due for my booster next week! I’ll probably wait until after Halloween though.

AJ Skatefan

It is common here for pharmacies to have common shots like this. Definitely check it out soon…

Meanwhile, I have an appointment to get my Moderna booster today at 5! :cheer2: I am so excited to be able to get it the day after it was authorized! I am prepared to lounge around this evening and tomorrow…. Whatever shall I do?:lol:
I know. It’s not like there’s any skating to watch…..oh wait……

Judy

This is not true, my son is allergic to eggs and has received the flu shot.

I’m due for my booster next week! I’ll probably wait until after Halloween though.
True I just haven't kept up. I can get mine now because I can get it earlier then the general public .. I'll ask when I go to my pharmacy to pick up a prescription next week. I'll also ask about tetanus .. otherwise I'll wait for the general public when it opens on Nov 1st.

love skating

Clueless American
Well, today I got an email from my provider saying I can make an appointment for a booster for J&J now. It also states that upon request I could get an alternative vaccine. So now I have to decide if I should stick with J&J or mix and match. I'm really torn.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Well, today I got an email from my provider saying I can make an appointment for a booster for J&J now. It also states that upon request I could get an alternative vaccine. So now I have to decide if I should stick with J&J or mix and match. I'm really torn.
An expert (don't ask me who) On MSNBC today strongly recommended mix and match for people who got J&J.

sk8pics

Got my Moderna booster with no issues. They started to make me fill out all the paperwork AGAIN and I told them I’d done it on line, so then I only had to sign the authorization swearing that I am eligible for the booster.

The pharmacist told me they’d already had 60 appointments booked for the Moderna booster. :eek: She was not the best at giving the shot, but it went in, so…

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Two appointments booked for Moderna boosters this morning. What a difference! For the first shot, I had to fight with everyone in my wave. It took nearly a week of near continuous browser refreshing and DH and I ended up at two different sites a day apart. This time, easy peasey to get appointments at the local pharmacy. Unfortunately, they are two days apart as all of the slots for next Saturday were taken by the time I finished my registration. Still, we will be fully boosted for US Thanksgiving giving us the option to accept any and all invitations!

once_upon

Vaccinated
When I got my Pfizer booster, I scheduled that morning for a 1 pm appointment. When we got to the pharmacy and said we were there, several other people who didn't have appointments asked if they could get theirs too. They got theirs too.. No appointments necessary.

I dont know how they got it recorded on their immunization cards, we had ours so it was easy to document.

Spikefan

At the Hubbell Salon
I was originally J&J and I’ve scheduled a Moderna booster in 10 days. They had appointments every day next week but J&J made me pretty ill so I didn’t want to schedule until the following week as I will be getting caught up at work and I also don’t want to miss watching Skate Canada. :lol:

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
And now, they’ve randomly cancelled DH’s appointment. Call center no help. I think it’s a computer issue, so need to try again after the Saturday night maintenance.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Scheduled my Moderna booster for the day before Election Day. That way if I feel crappy and have to take the next day off, it’ll be a professional development day and no one will have to cover for me.

Two of my closest friends and I have been keeping up with the research. I got Moderna, one friend got Pfizer, and the other got J&J. We have all scheduled Moderna boosters. The data seems super clear that getting a Moderna booster is best if you had J&J. It seems better but less conclusive for Pfizer -> Moderna, but it doesn’t seem like it’ll be worse so might as well.

clairecloutier

Scheduled my Moderna booster for the day before Election Day. That way if I feel crappy and have to take the next day off, it’ll be a professional development day and no one will have to cover for me.

Two of my closest friends and I have been keeping up with the research. I got Moderna, one friend got Pfizer, and the other got J&J. We have all scheduled Moderna boosters. The data seems super clear that getting a Moderna booster is best if you had J&J. It seems better but less conclusive for Pfizer -> Moderna, but it doesn’t seem like it’ll be worse so might as well.

The Pfizer booster is a full dose (right?) whereas the Moderna booster is only half a dose (correct?) So do you feel that the Moderna half-dose will still be more effective than the Pfizer full-dose?

My husband and I both got Pfizer and will be eligible for boosters soon, so I'm just trying to figure out which to get.

I saw an article about boosters today in WaPo, but it didn't really address this specific issue.

Catherine M

I got pfizer originally back in January and did a pfizer booster four weeks ago as that is what we have at the hospital I work at. From what I was told there is no difference in going Pfizer-moderna booster or Pfizer-pfizer booster.

This article gives a bit more information:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information