The Medical Thread: Vaccine Search / Staying Healthy / Treatments Etc

once_upon

Vaccinated
When Medical Ethics Collide With Basic Fairness https://nyti.ms/3kI3Mi4

There is a limit to resources - like I have been saying for months. I feel the same rage - but I blame both those she says are part of the problem and those who refuse to get vaccinated.

Precious resources - both beds and meds - are being wasted on those who won't do what helps them and society climb our of this crisis.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
This is a couple of weeks old, and this person does a terrible job of explaining the information.
double vaccinated here, already plan for booster shot.

my concern is, will these inoculations become yearly or lifetime ? imagine how this will impact your body.
interestingly, everyone I asked who are also vaccinated would also be against getting these as yearly jabs.

Potentially becoming impotent and with side effects piling up with these in yearly or multiple pharma jabs.
For Old people, these may not matter much, but these concerns matter to young people like me.

Vagabond

:eek:
The study had limitations, such as the fact it had focused on the nine symptoms probably most common among those with long [you-know-what], he stressed. However, because as many as 200 signs of long [you-know-what] have previously been suggested, “the reported incidence” of long [you-know-what] was actually “likely to be an underestimate”.
I may be staying at home for quite some time to come.
:blocjudge
The study had limitations, such as the fact it had focused on the nine symptoms probably most common among thoseHe added that the fact the nine symptoms were all more common after [you-know-what] than for flu was “yet another arrow in the quiver against bogus ‘this is just like flu’ claims”.

skatingguy

double vaccinated here, already plan for booster shot.

my concern is, will these inoculations become yearly or lifetime ? imagine how this will impact your body.
interestingly, everyone I asked who are also vaccinated would also be against getting these as yearly jabs.

Potentially becoming impotent and with side effects piling up with these in yearly or multiple pharma jabs.
For Old people, these may not matter much, but these concerns matter to young people like me.
I get a flu shot every year. It's not unheard of to get annual vaccinations, and the actual vaccine is out of your body in a couple of weeks.

Louis

Private citizen
:eek:

I may be staying at home for quite some time to come.
:blocjudge

So because I had C19, and because I have anxiety/depression over the asinine and unnecessary restrictions that continue, I'm classified as having "long haul" C19? :rofl: This is junk science. The plurality of these "long haul" cases are due to depression, which could come from any number of factors including and especially the restrictions, or from symptoms not directly linked to C19.

In contrast, research in the UK has exposed long-haul C19 to be somewhere between a myth and a great exaggeration. 1/3 of people who say they have long haul C19 never had C19 at all, and the incidence of other symptoms is indicative of "general malaise" and not statistically different from pre-C19 reports of the same conditions.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I get a flu shot every year. It's not unheard of to get annual vaccinations, and the actual vaccine is out of your body in a couple of weeks.
I get seasonal colds and flu yearly. and my doctor only gave me a flu shot once. that was 7 years ago when it was so severe. My doctor even said that getting flu shot yearly is not best practice and advisable. That's crazy some people here would follow a yearly flu shot in their lifetime.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
exactly this vaccine wears off like the flu shot. the pharmas are licking their chops at the potential of using the vaccine for years to come, think about the billions gained. All they need is the medias cooperation.

TOADS

Toad whisperer.....
So because I had C19, and because I have anxiety/depression over the asinine and unnecessary restrictions that continue, I'm classified as having "long haul" C19? :rofl: This is junk science. The plurality of these "long haul" cases are due to depression, which could come from any number of factors including and especially the restrictions, or from symptoms not directly linked to C19.

In contrast, research in the UK has exposed long-haul C19 to be somewhere between a myth and a great exaggeration. 1/3 of people who say they have long haul C19 never had C19 at all, and the incidence of other symptoms is indicative of "general malaise" and not statistically different from pre-C19 reports of the same conditions.
Be careful calling it junk science. Lady Figureskates is a long hauler and one of the things that she has and never had before is severe anxiety. There is a lot about this crap we still don’t know anything about and are slowly being uncovered.

Last edited:

Tavi

I get seasonal colds and flu yearly. and my doctor only gave me a flu shot once. that was 7 years ago when it was so severe. My doctor even said that getting flu shot yearly is not best practice and advisable. That's crazy some people here would follow a yearly flu shot in their lifetime.
Well my whole family is full of doctors and surgeons and none of them have ever said getting an annual flu shot is not advisable. Anecdotally I have been getting flu shots annually for years, since my singing days when I couldn’t afford to get sick. I’m still here and still healthy.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Well my whole family is full of doctors and surgeons and none of them have ever said getting an annual flu shot is not advisable. Anecdotally I have been getting flu shots annually for years, since my singing days when I couldn’t afford to get sick. I’m still here and still healthy.
getting flu shots yearly means your natural immunity is already compromised.

that's like taking antibiotics dosage where for every same illness , you may need higher dosage or different prescription to get effective results.

I'm very patient, I took the vaccines after almost 2 years now of c*****,
but how long do we have to keep this going ? the chances of co*** being fully erdicated is impossible now, it will simply mutate.

I'm reaching the breaking point, I'm also claustrophobic, I wear masks when I'm in public transformations or public venues
But I put the mask under my chin when I walk outside, I put it back in when another person is closing into my distance or Im near other people. This is my only compromise.

Tavi

that's like taking antibiotics dosage where for every same illness , you may need higher dosage or different prescription to get effective results.

but how long do we have to keep this going ? the chances of co*** being fully erdicated is impossible now, it will simply mutate.

I'm reaching the breaking point, I'm also claustrophobic, I wear masks when I'm in public transformations or public venues
But I put the mask under my chin when I walk outside, I put it back in when another person is closing into my distance or Im near other people. This is my only compromise.
Regarding compromising natural immunity, are you a doctor? Regarding antibiotics, how do you know your immune system reacts the same to flu vaccines as it does to taking antibiotics?

skatingguy

I have worked in retail & customer service for many years. I'm exposed to the public, and so I get a flu shot to reduce the risk that I will get sick, and reduce the risk that I will pass that on to someone else. Annual flu shots are the recommendation of Health Canada.
exactly this vaccine wears off like the flu shot. the pharmas are licking their chops at the potential of using the vaccine for years to come, think about the billions gained. All they need is the medias cooperation.
Flu shots don't wear off, and pharmacies don't make a lot of money off of flu shots. In Ontario they are provided by the government for everyone.
That's just nonsense.
Taking antibiotics, and being vaccinated are very different, and the affect on the body is completely different.
The COVID vaccines haven't even been around a year now, so how have you been taking it for 2 years now.
Everyone is tired of this, and it's understandable, but this is our reality right now & we have to find a way to get through each day.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
This thread is one I check every day because it is usually a good source of updates on the YKW medical front. For a while today I thought I had stumbled across some other site. Thank you to those who have taken the time to provide a reality check by correcting the misinformation. :respec:

Miezekatze

Vaccines trigger the immune system, which means it works better afterwards, because it get's activated to do its job by vaccines, they don't harm it.

I read only recently that getting yearly flu shots might even reduce the risk for dementia:

Vagabond

So because I had C19, and because I have anxiety/depression over the asinine and unnecessary restrictions that continue, I'm classified as having "long haul" C19? :rofl: This is junk science.
If your anxiety/depression was a pre-existing condition, then it wasn't caused by long you-know-what.

The article doesn't say that having one lasting symptom necessarily meant that one has long you-know-what. It also doesn't say what criteria must be met before a diagnosis of long you-know-what is appropriate.

skatingguy

Since we don't have the actual article that is going to be published we don't know what the definitions were used or how they determined who had anxiety/depression as a result of their COVID or as a result of a different cause.

hanca

Values her privacy
And did it make you impotent? Just doing research…

Judy

That's bullshit but whatever helps you cope.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have said this before but vaccines aren't really medicine in the way that taking a drug is medicine. Like when you take ibuprofen, it reduces inflammation and makes changes in your entire body. A vaccine is instructions. It shows your immune system something (i.e., a dead version of the virus, a spike protein) and says "Hey, look at this!" and then goes away. It's really the most natural of medical treatments because it works with your immune system the way your immune system was designed to work.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
The
Vaccines trigger the immune system, which means it works better afterwards, because it get's activated to do its job by vaccines, they don't harm it.

The goal is to make sure the vaccines that are approved do no harm, but I have a file full of papers about trials with candidate vaccines in which things went very wrong. If a vaccine triggers or skews the wrong type of immune response, you can end up with a situation where the vaccinates fare worse than the unvaccinated controls.

ADE (antibody-dependent enhancement) is a very real thing that can happen.

once_upon

Vaccinated
Viruses like bacteria mutate. Flu vaccines are reformulated every year based on best scientific data from the virus patterns. Because viruses mutate, an annual flu shot is the best defense against the flu. Since C-19 is a SARS virus we know it will mutate (we've already seen that), it will need an annual vaccine. We just need to recognize that, accept it and do it.

So on to someone's thing about bacteria.

Antibiotics can treat most bacterial infections, and I say most because bacteria also mutates. That's why we keep developing new antibiotics to try and keep up with mutations. But, just because you were treated for strep throat or a skin infection doesn't mean you are immune from another infection.

Regarding other vaccines-think of tenatus. It's caused by a bacteria. We get a series of DPT vaccines as a child/teen. But we also require vaccines about every 5-10 years. I for one, never want tenatus (I took care of someone who had it, it's life threatening), so I get boosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information