The End of the Trump Presidency: Impeachment, Removal, or Expiration of Term?

ballettmaus

Susan1

I think it is. She changed into that hideous dress on her way to Florida.
Yeah, but the pictures of his kids are from his farewell speech. Hers was not from the same time. Maybe they were smiling in Florida too.

caseyedwards

A radio host and former drug addict received a pardon and he doesn't know why. He asked Obama for a pardon but had no contact with Trump. From the article, I'd say it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone slipped it in there but I'm kind of hoping that the pardon was meant for someone else by the same or similar name. That would be so fitting and hilarious. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/radio-host-was-shocked-get-pardon-he-never-asked-trump-n1255076
Why don’t they just read the explanation?
This pardon is supported by former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and the Office of the Pardon Attorney

“Office of pardon attorney”

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I think this story foretells the future of Trump Passion in America.

ALBANY – There was no massive protest by supporters of President Donald J. Trump outside the well-fortified State Capitol on Wednesday, objecting to the inauguration of new President Joe Biden.

In fact, there was just one man in the park near the fenced-off east step of the massive building — Mark Leggiero, from the Montgomery County town of Florida — sporting a Trump-branded long-sleeve jersey and a colorful Trump flag.

“I was coming out to hopefully join a bunch of peaceful protesters in supporting the cause, that’s is almost a lost cause now, unfortunately, I’m sad to say,” Leggiero told Gazette photographer Peter R. Barber.

Meoima

Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.

“We differ from one another in our politics, and we also differ from one another on issues of constitutional interpretation,” wrote the signatories, which include the co-founder and other members of the conservative Federalist Society legal group. “But despite our differences, our carefully considered views of the law lead all of us to agree that the Constitution permits the impeachment, conviction, and disqualification of former officers, including presidents.”

More than 150 legal scholars signed on to the letter, which was obtained by POLITICO. They include Steven Calabresi, the co-founder of the Federalist Society; Charles Fried, who served as solicitor general under Ronald Reagan and is now an adviser to the Harvard chapter of the Federalist Society; Ilya Somin, a law professor at George Mason University and adjunct scholar at the libertarian Cato Institute; and Brian Kalt, a law professor at Michigan State University and leading scholar on the specific question of whether former officials can be impeached.

From Legal scholars, including at Federalist Society, say Trump can be convicted - POLITICO

Meoima

The law firm that handled the tax affairs of Donald Trump and his company during his presidency said it would stop representing him and his business.

The firm, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, is currently wrangling with the New York attorney general’s office over documents related to its work for the former president’s business, the Trump Organization. Led by Democratic Attorney General Letitia James, the office is conducting a civil-fraud probe into Mr. Trump’s financial dealings.

“We have had a limited representation of the Trump Organization and Donald Trump in tax-related matters,” a Morgan Lewis spokeswoman said. “For those matters not already concluded, we are transitioning as appropriate to other counsel.”

The spokeswoman didn’t provide a reason for the firm’s decision.

From Trump Tax Law Firm Ends Work for Ex-President - WSJ

Meoima

A Florida bank announced Thursday that it has closed down former President Trump's account, joining a growing list of entities that have cut ties with the former president following the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

In his financial disclosures, Trump had stated he had two money-market accounts with Banks United, The Washington Post reports. The accounts held somewhere between $5.1 million and $25.2 million.
From https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...orida-bank-says-it-has-closed-trumps-accounts

Meoima

Wonder what he has been offered?
I heard people say he is quite good. Maybe the GOP introduced him to Trump. So my guess is that GOP already made a deal with Trump as rumours have it. Someone said so somewhere I forgot, that Trump cabinet threatened to invoke the 25th amendment if he did not behave after the riot. My guess is that the GOP senate will let Trump go in the trial because indeed, Trump did behave a bit. :blah:

caseyedwards

Republicans are so stupid. They couldn’t be more stupid! They are saying banning Trump is good because everyone who supported him will just move on but the stupid part is not that Trump voters would move on but they would become liberals on immigration without trump. That’s the dumb part! That a McCain would never have to pick a Palin again. That Romney wouldn’t have to invent the evil and racist self deportation! They are saying you ban trump. All republican trump voters become pro amnesty.

Here is the article! I mean they think Trump is the problem and not the Palins and self deportation and build the wall people. The minutemen existed before Trump and dictated republican policy

Meoima

Republicans are so stupid. They couldn’t be more stupid! They are saying banning Trump is good because everyone who supported him will just move on but the stupid part is not that Trump voters would move on but they would become liberals on immigration without trump. That’s the dumb part! That a McCain would never have to pick a Palin again. That Romney wouldn’t have to invent the evil and racist self deportation! They are saying you ban trump. All republican trump voters become pro amnesty.

Here is the article! I mean they think Trump is the problem and not the Palins and self deportation and build the wall people. The minutemen existed before Trump and dictated republican policy
To be honest this is CNN and you know that CNN is quite lefty. They might word it in a way that make people believe that most GOP members really want to convict Trump. We never truly know, though? I do believe many of them dislike Trump a lot. But do they really want to convict them, it is hard to tell unless they speak up loudly. So yeah, there’s that.

once_upon

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information