The End of the Trump Presidency: Impeachment, Removal, or Expiration of Term?

Spikefan

On the other hand Ryan Loche is probably thinking, so what will the US swim team do now?
I mean, I remember when I thought Ryan was the worst US swim team member. Kind of makes me want to find a different swim country to cheer for. (No one tell me what Pieter van den Hoogenband is up to as I’m thinking I’m team blue and orange.)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Did you read the thread? I've spent pretty much all of my waking hours looking at video clips and reading various accounts, and I think a lot of what he thinks happened is going to result in actual prosecutions. We'll see, of course, but it made sense to me.
Yes I read it. That's why I looked up who he was because it didn't come across to me as something someone "reputable" would post.

Seeming to make sense is not evidence. Threading through some disparate information to make a story line is how conspiracy theories start.

Its something I'd be very wary of.

ballettmaus

:D:40beers::rofl::cheer:Pelosi will now fine people if they don’t follow screening protocols. $5000 for the first offense, $10,000 for the second offense. It will be docked from their government salary
From https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1349526738603270145?s=20
Take that, the “I have my rights” folks who avoid screening.
No, she will not. The House is set to vote next week. Since Democrats have the majority, I'm sure it will pass, but she is not yet fining anyone. https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...ll-be-fined-if-they-bypass-metal-detectors-to

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I watched most of the 45 YouTube message.

I have no problem with this having been posted - I mean, he was acting in his role as president, on an official channel. It was pre-recorded, so I'm assuming it was WH staff who controlled the editing and the uploading, he didn't get to post it himself. He made it through 4 minutes of dutifully reading the words he was strong-armed into saying, denouncing the violence in pretty strong terms. A day (week) late and a dollar short, but better than I've come to expect, and I agree with rfisher - someone finally made him see he's in deep shit.

Of course, at 4:01 he started in about the equally terrible attack on freedom of speech and I had to stop :rolleyes:

SkateSand

Cat Servant

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Yes depending on the businesses though and what they do. It wouldn’t take long for word to get out.

You don't think people know already that he lost the election, was impeached twice, and incited an armed attack on the US Capitol?

BTW his businesses pretty much consist of golf courses/resorts and hotels (directly operated or licensed) at this point.

Judy

You don't think people know already that he lost the election, was impeached twice, and incited an armed attack on the US Capitol?

BTW his businesses pretty much consist of golf courses/resorts and hotels (directly operated or licensed) at this point.
Yeah but he is a twice impeached president. There will be groups but ... most of his hotels are not making any type of profit.

Last edited:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Yeah but he is a twice impeached president. There will be groups but ... most of his hotels are not making any type of profit.

What point are you trying to make? I said he was a twice-impeached president in the post you're responding to. And you were the one who said "depending on his businesses and what they do". If you don't know what his businesses are, how do you know whether they're profitable?

Meoima

Law enforcement is having to sweep D.C. for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) ahead of inauguration.
From https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1349546774772461570?s=20

Confirming @jdawsey1 on Trump wanting to stiff Rudy, and a few new details - White House officials blocking Rudy calls to Trump; Trump said repeatedly on AF1 yesterday about the election: "I won;" Pence/others had to convince Trump to do the video today. Even after Trump recorded/released the video, he had to be reassured by aides that it was the right thing to do. The president is furious with McConnell but deeper anger is at McCarthy, people close to him say. Felt like McCarthy betrayed him by condemning what he did/checking support for censure. Trump wanted to testify at the impeachment proceedings, he told aides. Advisers discussed the idea of him resigning, but he's never been receptive to it.
From https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349547450340675584?s=20

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Law enforcement is having to sweep D.C. for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) ahead of inauguration.
From https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1349546774772461570?s=20

Confirming @jdawsey1 on Trump wanting to stiff Rudy, and a few new details - White House officials blocking Rudy calls to Trump; Trump said repeatedly on AF1 yesterday about the election: "I won;" Pence/others had to convince Trump to do the video today. Even after Trump recorded/released the video, he had to be reassured by aides that it was the right thing to do. The president is furious with McConnell but deeper anger is at McCarthy, people close to him say. Felt like McCarthy betrayed him by condemning what he did/checking support for censure. Trump wanted to testify at the impeachment proceedings, he told aides. Advisers discussed the idea of him resigning, but he's never been receptive to it.
From https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349547450340675584?s=20
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Oval Office at the moment. I can picture Trump just fuming and behaving like a brat. It is like watching an alcoholic losing all their family and friends because of their drinking problem. He cannot help himself but he certainly is doing himself no favours.

Judy

What point are you trying to make? I said he was a twice-impeached president in the post you're responding to. And you were the one who said "depending on his businesses and what they do". If you don't know what his businesses are, how do you know whether they're profitable?
Sorry might have mixed up my posts and I am too tired to go back and check.

Aussie Willy

FunnyBut

Aussie Willy

I love that Pence and Giuliani having made a pact with the devil are now finding out that the devil is evil for everyone, including them. And I’m not such a good person either, I’m delighted that karma is working its magic on them.
Karma is a b*tch ain't it? :)

caseyedwards

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
The passion will wane. Passion does that. And a new shiny politician will show up and carry away the hearts of the party. Maybe he'll be better than Trump, maybe he'll be worse. Maybe the gender will be different but the last name will be Trump. Maybe it will be no one we've heard of in January 2021. But there will be someone. There always is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information