The End of the Trump Presidency: Impeachment, Removal, or Expiration of Term?

once_upon

Same difference. They should have blocked his access to that account also. Posting YouTube videos is not a right, it’s a privilege and he abused it. How is it okay for him to post a video on one channel and not another? Google, get it together!
I'm going to give you tube a pass on this one. We don't know if it was viewed by you tube lawyer(s) staff (I suspect it was with a fine tooth comb).

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I actually think it's a good idea to wait on the Senate trial. I think more information is going to come out about how closely tied he may have been with the plot itself and there might even be criminal charges. That would make it much easier to convict, even for Republicans. There is a fascinating Twitter thread from a reputable person, spelling it out step-by-step, that comes across as pretty plausible to me. https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1349142068061478912

caseyedwards

I actually think it's a good idea to wait on the Senate trial. I think more information is going to come out about how closely tied he may have been with the plot itself and there might even be criminal charges. That would make it much easier to convict, even for Republicans. There is a fascinating Twitter thread from a reputable person, spelling it out step-by-step, that comes across as pretty plausible to me. https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1349142068061478912
Republicans will still have to find a position on immigration after all this is over. It was their lack of one that would lead to Trump in 2015. Republicans could hope sending Trump to jail ends anti immigration views in America!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
This is from Wikipedia:

Writers at The New Republic, The Atlantic, and Deadspin have described Abramson as a conspiracy theorist.[19][20][21] Ben Mathis-Lilley of Slate argues that Abramson is "not making things up" but "recycling information you could find on any news site and adding sinister what-if hypotheticals to create conclusions that he refers to... as 'investigatory analyses.'"[22]

SkateSand

Cat Servant
This is from Wikipedia:

Did you read the thread? I've spent pretty much all of my waking hours looking at video clips and reading various accounts, and I think a lot of what he thinks happened is going to result in actual prosecutions. We'll see, of course, but it made sense to me.

Judy

IMO there are certain groups that will always support his businesses, either because he's a former President or because they see him as a martyr that was treated so badly by the LIEberals.
Yes depending on the businesses though and what they do. It wouldn’t take long for word to get out.

FiveRinger

I'm going to give you tube a pass on this one. We don't know if it was viewed by you tube lawyer(s) staff (I suspect it was with a fine tooth comb).
Twitter deactivated both of his accounts. TBH that’s what crossed my mind when I made my original post. Not trying to be dramatic, but that’s where my mind was.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Will a statement that was prepared by someone else and read from a teleprompter a week later after he was already impeached make much of a difference?
It's better than his freely prompted presser he did yesterday. I can assure you that he will use this as evidence of his renouncing violence. Particularly, if anything happens over the next week.

ballettmaus

It's better than his freely prompted presser he did yesterday. I can assure you that he will use this as evidence of his renouncing violence. Particularly, if anything happens over the next week.
It makes sense that it makes a difference for anything that happens in the future but since it weren't his words and came after impeachment would it make a difference in the eyes of the law for what has already happened?

Dobre

Twitter deactivated both of his accounts.
Yes, they did; and cheers for doing so.

I don't know if the post he tried to make on the second & third accounts violated their policy or if they just decided enough is enough. Trump would have been cut off long before now on Twitter if he had been held to the same standard as other users.

Pelosi will now fine people if they don’t follow screening protocols.
Bravo.

Dobre

Good news:

Senate Rushes To Confirm Biden’s Top Intelligence Nominee Amid Security Concerns​

"The Senate is set to hold a confirmation hearing for Avril Haines, President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee for Director of National Intelligence, as soon as Friday, as Biden calls for his national security picks to be swiftly confirmed at a time of heightened insecurity."

Meoima

I wouldn’t blame Trump for this, in fact if I were him I might feel the same. But seriously who’s in their right mind would pay Rudy that much?

By the way :cheer: :watch:
John Eastman, the attorney who falsely told Trump that Pence could block the certification of Biden's win, is out at Chapman University, the school has announced, saying they "reached an agreement pursuant to which he will retire from Chapman, effective immediately."
From https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1349536391550676993?s=20

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information