The End of the Trump Presidency: Impeachment, Removal, or Expiration of Term?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
House has reached enough votes to impeach, still 5 more votes to go.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Given this is not strictly along party lines, it's going to be interesting to see how many Republicans jump off the Trump train. Claire says that 10 Republicans voting to impeach is the highest number of people crossing party lines to impeach....twice what happened with Clinton.

VGThuy

During the Dubya years, one of the Republicans favorite comebacks to the Dems and other liberals when they would complain about Bush and his perceived illegalities was "Well, at least he's not impeached like your hero Clinton." Who knew after all of that, their Republican follow-up would be impeached, not once, but twice? Life is funny.

caseyedwards

Given this is not strictly along party lines, it's going to be interesting to see how many Republicans jump off the Trump train. Claire says that 10 Republicans voting to impeach is the highest number of people crossing party lines to impeach....twice what happened with Clinton.
Still not that many. Very puny amount

rfisher

Let the skating begin
During the Dubya years, one of the Republicans favorite comebacks to the Dems and other liberals when they would complain about Bush and his perceived illegalities was "Well, at least he's not impeached like your hero Clinton." Who knew after all of that, their Republican follow-up would be impeached, not once, but twice? Life is funny.
Well, Trump did have the greatest number of impeachments. No other president has ever been greater. Which 4 Republicans were too chicken to vote at all?

Meoima

I know that I keep harping on this, but

IMPEACH TRUMP!!!!!
REMOVE HIM NOW!!!!!
LOCK HIM UP !!!!!
JANUARY 20TH CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!!!!!
:soapbox:
Do you know what we did to criminals in ancient times in Asia? We tied them up and forced them to walk around the city, so people could throw dirty things at them aka "the walk of shame" in GOT. :drama:
I really want to see Trump and co being treated that way but welp people will call that savage.

Last edited:

skipaway

So once the trial gets underway, they need more Republicans to vote Yay? I'm not sure I follow how it works.
Trump is Impeached. Now he faces a trial in the Senate who will vote to convict him or not.
If convicted he gets punished, if not convicted there are no consequences except that he was impeached.
To convict there needs to be 2/3rds of the 100 Senators to vote yes.

once_upon

I assume the 4 non vote Republicans were ones that weren't going to put their careers on the line. Or felt their families would be in physical jeopardy.

Dobre

What are those Republicans doing running for and serving in public office if they will let such fear (however reasonable it may be) dictate their votes?
Yes. It's awful that we have elected officials in fear for their lives & the lives of their family members; but if those officials cannot vote their conscience for the liberty, safety, & security of all Americans, then they should resign.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
OMG CSpan is showing the front page of the Drudge Report website. I didn't even know the Drudge Report was still a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information