The End of the Trump Presidency: Impeachment, Removal, or Expiration of Term?

Vagabond

House Democrats move rapidly toward impeaching Trump a second time - The Washington Post
Pelosi said Thursday that “Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment” if Vice President Pence did not act in concert with the Cabinet to remove Trump from office under the terms of the 25th Amendment. But she said she had no immediate plans to recall lawmakers to begin that process.

“If he wants to be unique and be doubly impeached, that’s kind of up to him and his Cabinet as to whether he should stay in office,” she said.

On Friday, she said in a letter to Democratic lawmakers: “If the President does not leave office imminently and willingly, the Congress will proceed with our action.” She did not specify what that action would be.
:watch:

MacMadame

Staying at home
If you want your senators to support this, the League of Women Voters has a form you can use to send them a letter.

Dobre

If you want your senators to support this, the League of Women Voters has a form you can use to send them a letter.

My Senators are going to support this. Does the form work for Representatives?

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I do not think he will resign.
They are blowing smoke about either impeachment or the 25th amendment. There is simply not enough time.

He is banned from Twitter . He has lost over 50% of his followers. I would be surprised if the press would even show up for a briefing.
There is really nothing that can be done in the few days left.

The best we can hope fore is that Harris and Biden stay OFF the topic of this horror. Everyone knows what happened. Everyone knows Trump's part in it. They have gone on record....enough said.

Right now we need to hear positive and concrete information about his plans for the future. Not compare and contrast
I am embarrassed to be an American. I pray for the families of those killed.

I cannot believe we have devolved to this.
And people on both sides need to learn to work together and confirm ALL violence. No matter who is doing what to whom. Where was the outrage in the media when dem mins bombed a DC church, or broke into stores and looted, stole inventory and set fires? I heard someone at CNN report while standing in front of burning buildings, that it was a mostly peaceful demonstration.

Last edited:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
The best we can hope fore is that Harris and Biden stay OFF the topic of this horror. Everyone knows what happened. Everyone knows Trump's part in it. They have gone on record....enough said.

No, there has not been "enough said". Not as long as all of the people responsible for it and participating in haven't been identified or charged.

MacMadame

Staying at home
My Senators are going to support this. Does the form work for Representatives?
No.
My Representative is Nancy Pelosi, and my Senators are Kamala Harris and Dianne Feinstein. I know how they will vote. They have a track record on this.
Me too (for the Senators). But I think it's important that they hear from us. It can impact their actions.

Sparks

Pelosi has instructed the House Rules Committee to prepare for a meeting to approve a rule that would govern floor debate for impeachment as well as a bill Rep. Jamie Raskin has proposed to create a commission that would allow the 25th Amendment to be invoked.
From Manu Raju

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Hardly. Do you not get how vulnerable this country is to China or Russia right now? I just heard a national security expert say, they will never have a better time to either attack the US with another cyber attack or move on a country that we can't help defend. Do you have any idea what a nation wide cyber attack would do? All banking down. Hospitals down. Traffic lights, utilities, air traffic. And Trump created this very dangerous situation. Every person needs to speak about this as loudly as possible. Use your brain.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
And people on both sides need to learn to work together and confirm ALL violence. No matter who is doing what to whom. Where was the outrage in the media when dem mins bombed a DC church, or broke into stores and looted, stole inventory and set fires? I heard someone at CNN report while standing in front of burning buildings, that it was a mostly peaceful demonstration.
Trump’s Republican Party sanctioned this coup attempt whereas the Black Lives Matters protests where for the most part peaceful. And even if they weren’t they were not sanctioned or organised by the Democratic Party. So cut it out with the both sides bullshit.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard

Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski calls on President Trump to resign, questions her future as a Republican​

Apparently having the bullying tactics of a Biff Tannen and the moral grace of a serpent will alienate people (unfortunately it can also rally miscreants to his side). Impeach.

Barbara Manatee

IMO he should pardon Trump which will silence him (I hope).
No no no no no. Absolutely not. Is this a country of laws or isn't it? A president must be as accountable as any man on the street. Actually, more accountable than any other person, because of their tremendous power and responsibility. If his actions don't have consequences, what is to keep the next president from behaving even more dangerously?

Regardless, why would you expect a pardon to silence Trump? Has he ever been able to keep quiet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information