The Biden-Harris Administration

ballettmaus

Everybody expects our new President to do everything they want right away. He's got 4 years to take care of everything.
Republicans in 33 states have introduced more than 165 bills to restrict voting rights. I don't want to say keeping the majority in 2022 is going to be impossible if they manage to pass them all but I would rest a whole lot easier if Congress would pass the new Voting Rights Act before 2022. If the GOP wins either chamber or both in 2022 then that's not going to pass and we'll head into 2024 with a party that wants to kill democracy and a roll back of voting rights.

caseyedwards

I don't understand why the Biden Administration is pushing for an immigration bill before a voting rights bill (i.e., acting on HR1). Both are important, of course, but I'm far more concerned with voting rights reform right now. Has anyone read/heard anything about where voting rights are in terms of the administration's agenda?? I was hoping they would be the first thing addressed after the current ********* relief bill.
Democrats can’t keep promising to legalize all undocumented and then move on to some other issue! They keep doing that. Plus legalizing so many millions of people will create new voters for them and then they can make it easier for them to vote.

Dobre

After Years of Chaos, the White House Is Definitely in Different Hands​

About the new White House Chief of Staff, Ron Klain.

"The contrast, in other words, between Meadows and his successor, Ron Klain, the White House chief of staff for President Joe Biden, could not be greater. Klain, a longtime adviser to Biden, who served as his chief of staff when he was Vice-President, is arguably the most experienced person ever to hold the job among the thirty who have since the position was created, following the Second World War. He knows how White Houses run when they work and how they fail when they don’t—and, just as importantly, what government is actually supposed to do. Klain, who ran the Senate Judiciary Committee for Biden when Biden chaired it decades ago, worked under nine chiefs of staff during the Clinton and Obama Presidencies, and twice served as Vice-Presidential chief of staff, first for Al Gore, in the late nineties, and then for Biden, from 2009 to 2011. He is, he tells people, the White House chief of staff who has worked for more chiefs of staff than any other."

"I asked Klain how he thought his White House was set up, compared with the many previous iterations he has seen. With so many serious problems facing the country, Klain said, the current White House is the most serious he’s ever seen, with a serious President and a serious set of advisers in place. 'And I hope I’m a serious chief of staff,' he said—an aspiration that, in and of itself, speaks to a Washington that could not be more different from what it was just a month ago."

Vagabond

Manchin will vote against Neera Tanden because of her tweets. https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/politics/joe-manchin-neera-tanden-confirmation-biden/index.html

I'm glad that Sessions, Pompeo, Barr, Perry, Nielsen, Chao and Kavanaugh were so much better fits for their jobs and so much less objectionable.
If a public figure doesn't want to be judged by her tweets, then she shouldn't tweet.

There are far worse reasons for voting not to confirm someone than this.

caseyedwards

Manchin actually has the most democratic position. Imagine complaining about tweets for five years and then supporting Tanden! All republicans should vote for tanden all democrats oppose tanden and in fact Biden never should have nominated a person who used Twitter wrong

once_upon

I'm still reading comments by the Trumpists and other Republicans about "sleepy dementia Joe" unable to get out of the basement to actually do things.

I just shake my head and wonder what garbage Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, QAnon and Parlor are feeding them.

Someone posted a picture of Biden presidential schedule and it was marked FAKE NEWS.

Really they are not in touch with reality.

Dobre

Biden Takes His 'America Is Back' Message To The World In Munich Speech​

US officially rejoins the Paris climate accord​

caseyedwards

Fact: Merkel gives Putin billions for gas and nordstream rather than buy American LNG. She doesn’t buy American LNG because she doesn’t want america to be wealthier and more in Europe. So in a way she is bankrolling Russia as counterweight to America. This is an ALLY! Lol

Susan1

I'm still reading comments by the Trumpists and other Republicans about "sleepy dementia Joe" unable to get out of the basement to actually do things.

I just shake my head and wonder what garbage Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, QAnon and Parlor are feeding them.

Someone posted a picture of Biden presidential schedule and it was marked FAKE NEWS.

Really they are not in touch with reality.
fox did show President Biden speaking at the Pfizer facility,

From another article -
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...-rising-during-texas-winter-storm/ar-BB1dQjan
"President Joe Biden on Friday slammed Donald Trump for failing to secure enough *********-19 shots as he toured a Michigan facility where Pfizer Inc. is manufacturing its vaccine.

“My predecessor -- as my mother would say, God love him -- failed to order enough vaccines,” Biden said Friday, repeating criticism he’s made of Trump. “Failed to mobilize the effort to administer the shots. Failed to set up vaccine centers.”

They did not show him speaking during the Munich Security Conference or Dr. Fauci doing the c.v. talk, which were both on CNN and MSNBC. Both times I checked fox was talking about Cuomo.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I found this statement from the Guardian quite satisfyingly amusing:

In what sounds suspiciously like an example of ‘cancel culture’ in action, Sen Susan Collins has said she will vote against the confirmation of Neera Tanden as director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), in part because of her record on Twitter.

Other than a concern about double standards for a woman of color, I have to say Tanden being brought down by her belligerent and aggressive behavior on social media doesn't really bother me. I think its time people change their behavior and if she's the first to take the hit, so be it. I'm just afraid she'll be an exception not a rule.

But it is nice to turn the "cancel culture" canard back on Republicans!

Dobre

Jennifer Rubin thinks Tanden has a much stronger reputation for working with conservatives than anyone she is likely to be replaced by so it may be a case of Republican senators biting off their own noses.

I have no problem with someone voting against someone else due to tweets. 74 million people should have been prepared to do so against the former president. It's the Republican congress members who voted for him that don't have a leg to stand on.

Rubin also doesn't think Manchin has a leg to stand on because he voted for Grenell, who is--per a tweet from someone she quoted--a twitter troll.

I personally believe in holding leaders to a higher standard. I don't have a problem with taking this type of behavior into account for a Democratic cabinet nominee. I have a problem with Republicans not being held to a higher standard. In fact I have a problem with Republicans being held to a lower one. (Seriously, state Republican parties are punishing leaders who have a higher standard and standing behind people who are making atrocious moral decisions).

topaz

Neera Tanden should not have been considered in the first place. She's a toxic person on social media and has been for years. She has trolled and bullying people on social media, politicians and voters.

She's extremely vindictive and regardless of what some folks are saying about her "she's receiving backlash because of she's a POC or woman". She's earned that backlash and wrong is wrong no matter who does it.

She has a super strong ally in Hilary Clinton, which is probably why she was considered for the appointment. The Democrats should take a stand with her and let the public know that if you're a social media/msm troll and bully you should not be considered for a cabinet position.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

She's extremely vindictive and regardless of what some folks are saying about her "she's receiving backlash because of she's a POC or woman". She's earned that backlash and wrong is wrong no matter who does it.
I don't disagree, it's just hard to believe that people who voted to confirm Kavanaugh are truly concerned about temperament or job fitness. (Collins claims Tanden doesn't have the temperament for the job and Manchin says she isn't fit for the job due to her tweets).

I don't want Tanden confirmed at all cost. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why Biden nominated her. Someone somewhere must have been aware of the tweets.
What I want is journalists calling those Senators out on their double standards. They should not get away with it (again).

Sparks

I can almost understand the reluctance to confirm Neera, but for the life of me, I can't understand how and Democrats or reasonable Republicans can balk over Deb Haaland's nomination. 🤔

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
The Democrats should take a stand with her and let the public know that if you're a social media/msm troll and bully you should be considered for a cabinet position.
Did you mean to say you should NOT be considered for a cabinet position?

Susan1

"Al Franken

Interesting that Grassley opened 1st post-election Judiciary hearing with a lie, saying the only reason he opposed Garland’s SCOTUS nomination was that it was too close (9 months) to the election. He didn’t have that problem w/ Coney Barrett (5 weeks)."

topaz

I don't disagree, it's just hard to believe that people who voted to confirm Kavanaugh are truly concerned about temperament or job fitness. (Collins claims Tanden doesn't have the temperament for the job and Manchin says she isn't fit for the job due to her tweets).

I don't want Tanden confirmed at all cost. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why Biden nominated her. Someone somewhere must have been aware of the tweets.
What I want is journalists calling those Senators out on their double standards. They should not get away with it (again).

@ballettmaus - LOL because some of the same folks may or may not see double standard. In regards to the confirmation of Kavanaugh, yes its double standard. However, after the insurrection some folks see what trolling/bullying behavior has had on our society.

For me, I really don't care about journalists calling out senators for their double standards. Because that would open up a can of worms for some networks(msm) and journalists who have HAD Neera Tanden on as paid contributor. Also, it would shine a light on their own copiability of double standards.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Biden is doing a speech about the deaths from the *****. He shows empathy and concern. Tells stories, talks about individuals and connections with people.

Would we have got this from Trump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information