The Biden-Harris Administration

jenny12

It's divided because Dems could not accept the fact that President Trump won in 2016, and not for one minute stopped their irrational hatred of him since then.

Irrational hatred: hating Barack Obama because you think he’s not an American.

Rational hatred: hating Trump because his incompetence killed over 400,000 people (along with the racism and sexism he showed prior to even being elected)

becca

How many examples have we had of black female athletes being likened to men or primates and how much complaining did we have to hear about how they had unfair advantages because of that? It didn't matter that they were cis-women, that kind of rhetoric existed before the inclusion of trans women. Apparently, back in the older days, people said LESBIANS had an unfair advantage in sports because they were naturally butchier and more driven to succeed and were unafraid to be more masculine than straight women. Lordy.
You cannot compare the situation at all. I am sorry. The whole purpose of separating men and womens sports is that men and women have biological differences this is science. And this was to give women a fair chance to compete.

I am all for live and let live but women deserve protections too. In the work place and bathrooms I don’t really care but i do care about that scholarship the girl may lose out on. Especially since ther is nothing stopping setting up a trans event or people competing with their own biological sex.

VGThuy

You cannot compare the situation at all. I am sorry. The whole purpose of separating men and womens sports is that men and women have biological differences this is science. And this was to give women a fair chance to compete.

I am all for live and let live but women deserve protections too. In the work place and bathrooms I don’t really care but i do care about that scholarship the girl may lose out on. Especially since ther is nothing stopping setting up a trans event or people competing with their own biological sex.
From the same article:

[Medical physicist and transgender runner Joanna] Harper, who was a consultant on the IOC’s current recommendations, said the real takeaway from Roberts’ study is that transgender women ultimately do reach parity with cis women in athletic tasks. She, however, doesn’t think Roberts’ findings mean sporting organizations need to require two years of testosterone suppression before trans women can compete against cisgender women.

“It’s not necessary for all advantages to be removed,” she said. “All that is necessary is for trans women to perform more like cisgender women than like cisgender men.”

Also, more about that ONE study you probably found on Google:

In 2015, she published the first study of transgender women and athletic performance and found that trans women ran at least 10 percent slower after beginning hormones. And, relatively speaking, they did no better against cisgender female runners than they had previously done against cisgender men.

Harper said Roberts’ methodology is solid, but she sees some limitations in the study. In an assessment shared with NBC News, she questioned the lack of data on participants’ individual training habits. She also noted there was no coordination between when subjects started hormones and when they took their annual fitness test.

“The tests were placed into three bins,” Harper said. “One bin of tests that took place in the first year after the start of hormone therapy, one bin of tests that took place between one to two years of hormone therapy, and a third bin that took place between two and two and a half years after the initiation of hormone therapy.”

Lumping the data together could blur out changes that occurred within a 12-month period “and might distort the results notably,” she theorized.

Sorry, if I don’t take people who decide to have an opinion on this without having done the same amount of research and writings as I have seriously. And trans women are women so a trans woman getting a scholarship is a woman getting a scholarship.

And apart from the sporting aspect, do you think non-discrimination laws and orders protecting trans folks and non-cisgender folks erases women? And notice how it’s only “women”. Why not the same consideration or worry about erasing ?

And the bathroom thing. Zzzz. Anyone who brings this up just reveals how new and uninformed they are about this topic. There’s been so much work done on this topic and in end, women aren’t in increased danger for accommodating transfolks. And it’s ignoring the danger transfolks face every day and it’s incredibly debilitating and undermining to the existence and legitimacy of trans folks to paint them as dangerous in one broad brush.

Anyway, this conversation isn’t very fruitful without actual trans folks being here to speak for themselves and to have opponents look them in the eye and tell them they’re not legitimate and they’re a danger to all “real” women in all kinds of facets.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
It's divided because Dems could not accept the fact that President Trump won in 2016, and not for one minute stopped their irrational hatred of him since then.
And what the Dems and any right minded thinking person was worried about came to fruition ie storming the capitol, total incompetence, authoritarianism, validation for those are racist, demonisation and mocking of anyone who disagreed with him, a lack of empathy, only cared about himself, kept lying about an election because he didn't want to be a LOSER, etc etc etc.

Those of us who objected to Trump had very valid reasons for doing so and we were all proved correct.

But keep gaslighting and projecting sweetie.

demetriosj

And what the Dems and any right minded thinking person was worried about came to fruition ie storming the capitol, total incompetence, authoritarianism, validation for those are racist, demonisation and mocking of anyone who disagreed with him, a lack of empathy, only cared about himself, kept lying about an election because he didn't want to be a LOSER, etc etc etc.

Those of us who objected to Trump had very valid reasons for doing so and we were all proved correct.

But keep gaslighting and projecting sweetie.

Pot calling kettle black “sweetie”.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Pot calling kettle black “sweetie”.
Hahaha - holy moly. Seriously if you are going to try and insult people can you come up with something more original instead of just repeating people's words back at them? Or at least make it funny or creative so that while we don't agree with you we can at least admire your quick wittedness and ability to repartee.

Here you go - try this website.

The Best Bianca Del Rio Catchphrases & Quotes (ranker.com)

becca

From the same article:

Also, more about that ONE study you probably found on Google:

Sorry, if I don’t take people who decide to have an opinion on this without having done the same amount of research and writings as I have. And trans women are women so a trans woman getting a scholarship is a woman getting a scholarship.

And apart from the sporting aspect, do you think non-discrimination laws and orders protecting trans folks and non-cisgender folks erases women? And notice how it’s only “women”. Why not the same consideration or worry about erasing ?

And the bathroom thing. Zzzz. Anyone who brings this up just reveals how new and uninformed they are about this topic. There’s been so much work done on this topic and in end, women aren’t in increased danger for accommodating transfolks. And it’s ignoring the danger transfolks face every day and it’s incredibly debilitating and undermining to the existence and legitimacy of trans folks to paint them as dangerous in one broad brush.

Anyway, this conversation isn’t very fruitful without actual trans folks being here to speak for themselves and to have opponents look them in the eye and tell them they’re not legitimate and they’re a danger to all “real” women in all kinds of facets.
I never said trans women were a danger to all women.

i don’t need to do research in order to
say that men and women have biological differences I learned that as a toddler.

And that due to those differences sports were separated so women could compete with people biologically the same and it would be an even playing field.
Now anyone can claim they identify as a woman and get access to womens sports.

There are a lot of areas in life where no one would get a special advantage for example in my current job your sex doesn’t matter so I don’t care what my coworker identifies as.

But I am sorry. Biological women have been discriminated against by men and faced less opportunities then men. Gendercide is common still in some parts of the world precisely because of the gender differences.

Rights and respect goes both ways. And if
There was a sport where women had a physical advantage i would not support women competing in the event as men.

Respect goes both ways.

VGThuy

Nice to know your eyes and bias without further education knows more than actual scientists, health professionals, the American Psychological Association, American Psychiatric Association, American Medical Association, among many science and health based professionals and scientists who have spent years of study to know what they’re talking about. And nice way to ignore the quotes above in the same article you posted because first you felt you needed a science-based article to support your argument and when it turns out it may not, things you observed as a toddler is now good enough. Based on the above post, I can see it’ll be a waste of time to speak to you further about trans issues as there’s no meaningful communication that will happen. And as I don’t want it to turn into the Becca show like as what happens when we talk about another topic, if anyone else wants to learn more about trans health, history, and how laws overall have ostracized and even criminalized trans folks disproportionately, I’d happy to speak to you.

Last edited:

Tesla

Whippet Good
Why so joyful? He's been wrong about a lot of things since the ********* started. To start, he told us not to wear masks.....
So we should go back to using lead paint? Because at the start, lead paint was fine. We shouldn't discourage smoking because at the start, cigarettes weren’t bad. Oh, and we should continue to use asbestos because at the start, it was fine.

becca

Nice to know your eyes and bias without further education knows more than actual scientists, health professionals, the American Psychological Association, American Psychiatric Association, American Medical Association, among many science and health based professionals and scientists who have spent years of study to know what they’re talking about. And nice way to ignore the quotes above in the same article you posted because first you felt you needed a science-based article to support your argument and when it turns out it may not, things you observed as a toddler is now good enough. Based on the above post, I can see it’ll be a waste of time to speak to you further about trans issues as there’s no meaningful communication that will happen. And as I don’t want it to turn into the Becca show like as what happens when we talk about another topic, if anyone else wants to learn more about trans health, history, and how laws overall have ostracized and even criminalized trans folks disproportionately, I’d happy to speak to you.
Once again. I never said I agreed with the aricled opinion just the whole point that transwomen have a biological advantage. Period.

Furthermore I don’t think anyone should be treated differently for the same crime.

But male and female bodies are different its a basic biological fact and facts don’t care about your feelings.

And if people really want to be considered to be part of a group they need to think about the group as a whole and not just themselves.

Biological women are not saying it because we want to me mean or we want to be exclusionary its a basic fact.

One could point out that Caitlynn Jenner was able to compete and win as a male. So nothing stopping trans athletes from competing fairly. But competing against women is unfair. Not because women want to be mean but because our bodies are different

overedge

G.O.A.T.
@becca Caitlyn Jenner won her Olympic gold medal as a man, competing against men. She was not a trans athlete at the time. Your using her as an example of how trans athletes can compete fairly shows that you don't understand this issue at all.

And please, spare us "facts don't care about your feelings". You continually select only the facts that fit the narrative you believe in.

skatfan

He won with help of Russian intelligence and didn’t win the popular vote. The GOP Congresional leaders aided and abetted by refusing to announce Russian interference with Obama.

As for hatred-he earned from his first day by sending out his Press secretary to lie.

caseyedwards

He won with help of Russian intelligence and didn’t win the popular vote. The GOP Congresional leaders aided and abetted by refusing to announce Russian interference with Obama.

As for hatred-he earned from his first day by sending out his Press secretary to lie.
The tweets and Facebook posts didn’t even say vote for Trump. They said Obama meant riots in ferguson

Who cares about the popular vote? If it was important the president would be chosen on the popular vote

Obama was president. Not Mcconnell. Republicans were totally irrelevant.

The press decided to use pictures of Obama inauguration on the day Trump was inaugurated. Why?

VGThuy

@becca Caitlyn Jenner won her Olympic gold medal as a man, competing against men. She was not a trans athlete at the time. Your using her as an example of how trans athletes can compete fairly shows that you don't understand this issue at all.

And please, spare us "facts don't care about your feelings". You continually select only the facts that fit the narrative you believe in.
If there were any facts in her posts as opposed to just her feelings and preconceived notions without backing. She didn’t even read the article she herself posted in full to know it wasn’t even saying trans women shouldn’t ever compete against cisgender women. Quite the opposite actually.

becca

The point is that She was able to compete
If there were any facts in her posts as opposed to just her feelings and preconceived notions without backing. She didn’t even read the article she herself posted in full to know it wasn’t even saying trans women shouldn’t ever compete against cisgender women. Quite the opposite actually.
I posted the article to only point out their is a biological difference maybe i posted the wrong article but the study is the study.

look it is an emotional issue and i don’t support transwomen facing more jail time. I don’t see the point about the military ban. But female sports is a different matter for me.

And every one should have access to sports but the point is there are physical biological differences and prending there are not is not fair to biological women. Its not.

And I dont think long term it will endear anyone to the trans cause. Because parents care about their daughters access to things. And want a fair playing field.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Why so joyful? He's been wrong about a lot of things since the ********* started. To start, he told us not to wear masks.....
So how many braincells do you lose every time you repeat these lame talking points?

just the whole point that transwomen have a biological advantage.
Except they don't. Not all the time and not necessarily. It depends on many factors.

For me it was when he picked Bannon to be one of his staff. A white supremacist! Up until then, I had hopes that it wouldn't be as bad as I was worried about.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
@becca What part of "Jenner was a man at the time" are you having trouble understanding? Jenner herself has said that she didn't even start to acknowledge that she might be trans until many years after the Olympics. In 1976 she wasn't a woman pretending to be a man - she identified as a man and she had a male body, and she competed as a man. Seriously, just stop with this ridiculous "example".

Dobre

I believe this is a big deal. At least one editorial I read earlier said this was one of the most important changes that had to be made.

Defined By Scandal At Voice of America, CEO Resigns At Biden's Request​

Susan1

Buttigieg was on MSNBC's The Last Word tonight. If he's as good as Transportation Secretary as he was in the interview, America's infrastructure hit the jackpot! (Off to find a video of his confirmation hearing).
That just reminded me - did anybody else hear Lawrence say coming up after the commercial or whatever - Pute Beetegieg? I swear! I was like "Whut?". Find the tape? :)

ballettmaus

That just reminded me - did anybody else hear Lawrence say coming up after the commercial or whatever - Pute Beetegieg? I swear! I was like "Whut?". Find the tape? :)
He also said he'd be the next Treasury Secretary. I think someone had a long night ;)

Japanfan

And women have historically been constructed as inferior (e.g. weaker than men, overly-emotional, prone to 'hysteria' - which is related to 'hyserectomy'). And are still constructed as such.

demetriosj

So we should go back to using lead paint? Because at the start, lead paint was fine. We shouldn't discourage smoking because at the start, cigarettes weren’t bad. Oh, and we should continue to use asbestos because at the start, it was fine.

That argument makes no sense.

Last edited:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Watching Dr. Fauci's first news conference since he's been unleashed. :lol: Some of the reporters eyes are totally glazed over and have no clue what he's talking about. They are trying desperately to come up with a question. Totally different tone. If he doesn't know the answer he says, I don't know the answer to that question. He says the idea that you can talk about the science and not worry about the politics is refreshing.
He looked ten years younger, and at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information