The Biden-Harris Administration

caseyedwards

So Biden has banned wall but no one asked if in place of wall are they going to put censors drones or cameras! Or do manned patrols. So it’s walls to nothing for a period? No one asked and no one knows.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
First press conference was quiet and cordial. New press spokeswoman (autocorrect hates her name) said when she didn't know something and would get back to you when she did. Some questions were stupid given the administration is only 8 hours old, but clearly Biden meant what he said about getting to work immediately

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Liz warren was on Rachel Maddow's show tonight. When asked about internecine conflict in the Democratic party, she said " we begged people to vote, and they did, which means we owe them results, not fights. The progressive and centrists owe it to those voters to work together."

Last edited:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Pete's having his confirmation hearing this morning!

Buttigieg said in his opening remarks, “I want you to know that if confirmed, I will work every day to ensure that the department meets its mission of ensuring safety – for both travelers and workers – and I will work closely with Congress to do so.”

The former South Bend mayor also took a moment to introduce his husband, Chasten, who is in the committee hearing room today.

“I want to thank him for his many sacrifices and his support in making it possible for me to pursue public service,” Buttigieg said.

If confirmed, Buttigieg would be the first openly gay cabinet secretary to be confirmed by the Senate.

Source: the Guardian

Dobre

First press conference was quiet and cordial. New press spokeswoman (autocorrect hates her name) said when she didn't know something and would get back to you when she did. Some questions were stupid given the administration is only 8 hours old, but clearly Biden meant what he said about getting to work immediately
"better get the smelling salts for the press who may need to be revived after an abrupt return to planet earth"--Jennifer Rubin

MacMadame

Staying at home
So signed up on President Biden’s @POTUS Twitter account. They erased all the @POTUS Trump followers and made Biden’s administration start from scratch. He already has 5 million followers!
They didn't actually. They set up a transition account for Biden after the election and, after the Inauguration, they renamed it @POTUS and renamed the old @POTUS and archived it. They do this for every Presidential transition.

caseyedwards

Some Trans-exclusionary feminists are attacking Biden on Twitter for his executive order aimed at combating discrimination on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation. They claim he's erasing cisgender women. What the Eff Ever.
This is a very serious issue. Biological women are losing opportunities to people who lived trained competed as men

VGThuy

This is a very serious issue. Biological women are losing opportunities to people who lived trained competed as men
I can't touch this post without blowing up at the sheer ignorance. Anyone want to take a crack at it?

I'll just put this simple article here:

There are more thorough studies conducted and made to show these myths are just anti-trans propaganda with no real basis in reality.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information