Secretary of Education

Secretary of Energy

Secretary of Health and Human Services

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Secretary of Labor

Secretary of Transportation

Secretary of Treasury

Secretary of Veterans Affairs

I am thinking Susan Collins for Agriculture. Then Democratic governor Janet Mills of Maine appoints Collins's successor to the Senate.

MsZem

I am thinking Susan Collins for Agriculture. Then Democratic governor Janet Mills of Maine appoints Collins's successor to the Senate.
Not going to happen.

I'd love to see Jason Kander play some kind of role in the Biden-Harris administration, but he seems happy to stay in KC.

Here's a bit about the Biden transition team, with some speculation about future appointments.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I would like Preet Bahrara for Attorney General.
Bharara was one of the "nation's most aggressive and outspoken prosecutors of public corruption and Wall Street crime" during his tenure.

Just what we need, post-Trump. :)

ballettmaus

I would like Preet Bahrara for Attorney General.

Or Sally Yates.

Alex Vindman should be in the administration, too. Either he should be reinstated or maybe he can get a National Security Council position or maybe even be NSA.
Ideally, I'd love Warren as Treasury but if Democrats do manage to get to 50-50, I think she needs to stay in the Senate. How about Booker for HUD?

Speaking of, is Newsom going to appoint Harris' replacement?

skatingguy

Golden Team
Ask Mitch. He is the one that controls the Senate. I am certain he will be very much involved in the selection process.

NJL
I know that McConnell has a role (Come on Georgia.), but I wonder if Biden will be willing to play hardball, and not allow McConnell to set the agenda in the way that happened under President Obama. I hope the Democrats have learned from that experience & have different tactics this time.

ballettmaus

I know that McConnell has a role (Come on Georgia.), but I wonder if Biden will be willing to play hardball, and not allow McConnell to set the agenda in the way that happened under President Obama. I hope the Democrats have learned from that experience & have different tactics this time.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's him and from what I read a year or so ago, Biden was allegedly the driving force behind the compromising during the Obama terms. It is why he was not my first choice by far because I was afraid (and am afraid) he'll compromise too much (and ultimately, reward Republicans for four years of enabling Trump). Maybe with Harris by his side it will be different though. But I'll worry about that tomorrow. :)

Polaris

I don't think Biden or the Democrats did. They're still hoping to "reach across the aisle".

ballettmaus

I hope Symone Sanders gets a position in his administration. Maybe WH Chief of Staff? Remember how she handled that heckler who invaded the stage while Biden was speaking a while back?!

Isn't she Kamala Harris' chief of staff at the moment? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Dr. Jill Education!

She wants to keep teaching, so I don't think she can do Dep of Ed, First Lady and teach ;)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I’m not. She’s a diva and that’s a job that requires consummate internal political skills. I honestly think Mayor Pete would be great at that job.

with no international experience at all? :eek:

I think you are exaggerating Susan Rice's persona. She has handled positions that require consummate internal political skills at the UN and as national security advisor. Its not that I think she should be Secy of State, but I think you are off base with the extreme criticism. You might want to consider whether your sources aren't a little bit influenced by bias toward strong black women.

skatingguy

Golden Team
I hope Symone Sanders gets a position in his administration. Maybe WH Chief of Staff? Remember how she handled that heckler who invaded the stage while Biden was speaking a while back?!
Symone Sanders is on CNN this morning with Jake Tapper - that might mean that she is going to be a spokesperson for the administration - or it might mean that she's getting ready to take back her commentator role at CNN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information