1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2017 U.S. Elections Thread

Discussion in 'Politically Incorrect' started by ilovepaydays, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

Didn't they all unendorse 45 after the Access Hollywood tape? For about 24 hours before they got back under the sleazy bus?

twinsissv and Vash01 like this.
  2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

3. skatesindreams

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I recognize that the story of Susanna and the Elders is not part of the Protestant Bible, but it seems much more to the point than that of Mary and Joseph. :shuffle:

5. once_upon

once_upon pasta lover

I don't know if it is the liberal against the conservative mindset, but personally for me it was the total acceptance of Trump's behavior by his base is what drove me to be more vocal that just with a select few in my family. I realized nothing was going to change if we just let it be swept under the rug no matter which side of the political climate the perp sits on.

So I tell my story. Publicly - like on social media. Put it out there for everyone to know. I was doing the ME TOO! story long before it because popular to do a me too. I will use the stories of my nieces who were raped while a freshman at college as a WTH moments.

One is vocal ME TOO and tells her story. She is a liberal (even more than me), has stated her experience; talked about how her rapist taunted her in classes and hallways, how the experience changed her in regards to medical care and safety concerns. She didn't let any one silence her, yet it made no difference, the rapist was never charged.

One is very conservative, not specifically a Trump supporter until recently. I know her story, but she never told anyone other than her mom, dad and sister - I know it because her mom disclosed it to me. Her sister is a liberal. Her sister does not understand this clinging to the Republican guard as she was there during the rape assessment, rape exam, the whole experience and her rapist was a college football player never charged. Republican niece is disgusted with the Me Too! movement. I personally think it is because she is still a victim.

Instead of seeing the ME TOO! as a way to combat sexual abuse, no matter who is guilty, she sees it as degrading to victims. I don't get it.

I personally don't care on which side of the political realm the perp sits - the perps need to be identified. If it makes the GOP to feel smug that there are Dems who also are perps and talk about a double standard, I guess whatever. To me, it is about victims finding their voice. Whatever the stimulus for beginning to out the perps as perps and people believing, Trump or victims feeling :ENOUGH is ENOUGH: it is good for society.

LilJen, gkelly, Tesla and 6 others like this.
  6. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Apparently, at the time, people knew,of Moore's predilection for teenage girls and just thought it was weird, not criminal, despite the AL age of consent was 16, then as now.

7. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Which is apparently not surprising in some of the sort of evangelical groups Moore supporters might come from, according to these articles, which argue that predation is alive, well and institutionalized in many groups:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...moore-evangelical-culture-20171110-story.html

https://kathrynbrightbill.com/2016/04/25/get-your-own-house-in-order/amp/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/05/05/get-them-married-selling-virgin-daughters/

If there is any fault, apparently it is the fault of those criminally aggressive 13 and 14 year olds.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Buzz and skatesindreams like this.
  8. skatesindreams

The Evangelicals who promote the marriage of young teenagers, justify it by saying that it "molds Godly wives".

My mother, who was raised in one of the strict Baptist groups in Kentucky, was considered a "spinster" when she wasn't married by age 19. Young marriages were/are quite common there.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Buzz and DORISPULASKI like this.
  9. Vagabond

Trump Should Resign, Says Kellyanne Conway ;)

For once, I really cannot disagree with her. (y)

10. skatesindreams

DORISPULASKI likes this.
  11. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

skatesindreams and DORISPULASKI like this.
  12. Vagabond

That's a nice move by McConnell. I especially like how it leaves Trump twisting in the wind. :)

MacMadame and Susan1 like this.
  13. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

It’s very exciting and thrilling Alabama will have a Democratic senator!

14. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

skatesindreams likes this.
  15. Vagabond

maureenfarone likes this.
  16. Susan1

Susan1 Well-Known Member

twinsissv likes this.
  17. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

So I made the mistake of reading some comments on an article about Roy Moore, and basically his supporters feel that Doug Jones will "continue the murder of unborn babies" so it's okay to vote for Moore. So once again, children who aren't born yet trump those who are already here.

18. twinsissv

twinsissv Well-Known Member

Lawdy! Lawdy! Pleez save us from those little Jezebel/Lolitas!
    now...lettuce prey. :EVILLE:

19. Artistic Skaters

Artistic Skaters Drawing Figures

The Washington Post must be absolutely terrified of Moore. :rolleyes:
    I wonder how many more they have waiting in the wings to tell their stories.

20. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I think it's only a nice move if McConnell acts if Moore doesn't step aside and gets elected. Right now, they're words that are nice to hear. (And I'm not kidding, it is nice that McConnell says something so definite against a Republican).

21. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C

As much as I dislike him, I am glad that McConnell was clear in his statement about Moore. No longer "if it is proven..." or "if he truly committed...".

The republican party has pulled funds from Moore's campaign and that is nice too.

The best statement came from our very own Senator Jeff Flake- if I had a choice between voting for Moore and voting for a democrat, I will vote for the democrat. :)

DORISPULASKI and ballettmaus like this.
  22. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Love the fetus, hate the child.

23. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

It’s great to know jeff flake has now endorsed Doug Jones and hopefully there are many rallies with republicans endorsing jones

Susan1 likes this.
  24. skatesindreams

Buzz likes this.
  25. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

Great. Roy Moore's wife has been sharing this fantastic stuff on her Facebook. Geesh.

Tidbit: I have friends and professional contacts who are :sekret: with the state and local party organizations - for both the Democrats and GOP in Virginia. The amount of vetting/research that the party does with potential candidates - especially for a statewide or Congressional/Senate race is insane.

More than a few have told me it's crazy that someone like Moore (and yes they analyze the spouses too to make sure they aren't nuts) made it through a primary without the "shopping for teen girls at the mall" reports being found and making sure that someone better was able to win the nomination. Yes, officially, the DPVA/RPVA are supposed to be neutral during the primaries - but mechanisms happen so that it's that much harder for someone completely unacceptable to win the primary.

For example ;) : There's a reason why Bob Marshall was eeked out in the GOP Covention vote for the U.S. Senate in 2008 and got beat down in the GOP Senate primary in 2012. Yes, Mark Warner and Tim Kaine were going to be insanely hard Democrats to beat anyway, but no way was the RPVA going to have someone like Marshall on that ballot.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Buzz likes this.
  26. Vagabond

27. skatesindreams

28. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Susan1 likes this.