#TeamTrainwreck: MESS 2018/19 (Most Epic Splat of the Season)

MESS 2018/19

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jeschke

It's year one after Pogo, so the race for all awards is wide open again.

Here are the nominees for MESS 2017/18 (Most Epic Splat of the Season) in alphabetic order:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GBvW6EOVE
(Due to YouTube regulations, Sørensen's parts are unfortunately without sound.)

All (not only #TeamTrainwreck posters) are invited to vote :40beers:
For the :gallopin1 awards we primarily took senior skaters into consideration or extraordinary material from junior skaters.

One vote for the most :yikes: splat of the season! Voting is up for 7 days!

A big shoutout to Maxim Kovtun and Vladimir Samoilov who made the shortlist with three entries each.

Complete shortlist can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgLv4RLfq0

---
Previous winners:
2016/17: Viveca Lindfors, World Junior Championships, FS
2017/18: Anna Pogorilaya, Grand Prix CAN, FS

---

Other #TeamTrainwreck season end awards:
MEEPOTS (Most Epic Ending Pose of the Season)
MIMOS (Most Important Minion of the Season): not applicable this season
POTS (Performance of the Season
Tursy-POTS (Most memorable K'n'C of the Season)

Colonel Green

I was torn between Keegan's cannonball right into the judges, Joseph's acrobatic toeloop, and Victoria and Nikita's double-fall, but I had to go with Joe in the end.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Holy Cr*p I had to change mine from Messing (I remembered his) to Anastasyia....thats a splat.

BUT HUGE shout out to Gerli for morphing hers into part of the choreography! BRAVO! No small feat!

:watch:

(oops, doesnt look like I can change mine. take one from messing and add it to Anastsyia). Although Messing's is rather epic. I have still not forgotten it.

Gold: Anastasyia or Keegan
Silver: Anastasyia or Keegan
Bronze: Phan

Last edited:

barbarafan

I chose Sinkats as everything in dance has to be pure perfection so a slight wobble can mean loss in placements, a fall is the kiss of death. a splattttttttttttt OMG off to Siberia and multiple splats.....I have no words.

Kateri

void beast
Keegan gets gold, for length, style, rolling, sliding, additional board crash and dedication to The Art of Falling. He really skated like he wanted to win this thing, like a true MESS champion.

Gerli gets a well-deserved silver for poise and artistry. Very high PCS. Her choreographer was in tears of joy.

Galustyan in bronze for that lovely spinning split position, +5s across the board.

aliceanne

If Larkyn Austman had pivoted around on just one hand she could have passed that splat off as choreography. Keegan looked like he was doing a floor routine in the middle of a skating program.

If you splat again getting up from a splat, is that minus one or minus two?

Last edited:

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Keegan gets gold, for length, style, rolling, sliding, additional board crash and dedication to The Art of Falling. He really skated like he wanted to win this thing, like a true MESS champion.

Gerli gets a well-deserved silver for poise and artistry. Very high PCS. Her choreographer was in tears of joy.

Galustyan in bronze for that lovely spinning split position, +5s across the board.
I think I have to go with Keegan, too. This was a tough, tough race. A lot of people clearly were in it to win it.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Keegan, but Gerli was a close second for me. :yikes:

We almost need a separate category for Most Epic Painful Splat which to me appears to be Morisi or Wang. :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
Really bad splats where the skater was injured were deliberately left off the list. For example, you don't see Tarah Kayne's head bouncing off the ice.

S

SmallFairy

BF also looked at Keegan, saying “his fall looks like Chaplin”. I had to point out to him it actually was:lol:

Honourable mention to Keegs, to poor Phan, that was so weird, and to Pernille’s 2-in-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information