Synchronized Skating Season 2017-2018

Willin

The season kicked off with Finlandia, but since Shanghai is the first full competition with the SP & FS, I figured I'd wait to start the thread.

It's kind of amazing how far ahead Russia is this season. I wonder what's happened in the last year or two that the judges are suddenly putting them so far ahead in every competition. I've noticed they've gotten competitive with the top teams in that time, but not superior. Certainly I don't believe they deserve to be there. I feel like if they win, the Finnish teams should at least be a lot closer. It's just... odd... how good their scores have been compared to what the other teams have been getting. I'll have to watch the videos from Shanghai Trophy's SP, maybe everyone else had some bobbles, but they're so far ahead...
ETA: Looks like Marigold had some issues in the NHE, but Les Supremes looked close to Paradise. There are no videos of Hayden or Surprise.

I'm excited to see the programs this season. It seems with the possibility of the Olympic the top teams (minus Hayden) have started to move towards classical music instead of fun music, but I wonder if that attitude's changed now that they won't be in the Olympics this year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information