Staying positive while positive!

once_upon

Voter
Like I said in another thread, my son and his doctor believe he had it. At the time - mid March - young people aka under 60 who had not traveled internationally were not candidates for testing.

He had traveled, not internationally. But certainly on flights/in airports that had international travelers. He is still easily fatigued, has difficulty in normal household tasks. What is concerning to me and either he or his doctor aren't taking seriously is some chest discomfort. I worry about cardiomyopathy but I'm just mom

I suggested an antibody test. But I'm just mom.

A friend from high school oldest son, his so and his son were diagnosed with C-19. He is mid 40s and was pretty sick - not hospitalization sick but sick.

Amy L

The only person I know directly (sort of) is my next door neighbor. He said he was pretty sick and felt like sh*t but he spent all day doing yardwork while he was forced to stay at home, so he couldn't have been super terrible.

My mom's church had one lady in her early-ish 40s who got sick and was hospitalized She was there for about a week but I believe she's home now and doing much better. The pastor's wife also tested positive. She hasn't been hospitalized, but she does have Parkinson's and it made her so weak that she's now wheelchair-bound.

Several people at my husband's job tested positive. Some of them are asymptomatic but most got severe flu-type sick and were out of work for 2-3 weeks. One elderly lady got sick in early March and never came back to work. My husband doesn't think she died or anything because that probably would have gotten around the company, but since it's a labor-intensive job, she probably just never recovered well enough to return to her position.

I've had flu-like symptoms since Sunday. I got the swab test a few days ago and I just got a negative result back. :cheer2:

clairecloutier

Glad to hear you are feeling better, @NeilJLeonard!

So far, I know 2 people who have had CV19.

Another mom from my kids’ elementary school had it this spring. She is in her 50s and was fairly sick, but didn’t require hospitalization and seems to have recovered okay.

Also, my aunt had it. She’s in her 70s, in quite poor health, and lives in a nursing home. Yet, oddly enough, her case seemed to be largely asymptomatic.

Meanwhile, our town is offering free drive-through testing, so we all did tests and were negative. So far, so good.

NeilJLeonard

The only other person I am certain had it was, unfortunately, my wife. She went to see one of her Drs at a different hospital - Cleveland Clinic Florida - and was diagnosed there the day after I went into a different hospital. She got out 2 days before I did. We both were tested at home after we were released and those tests showed we were negative.

NJL (I have no idea where I was exposed and caught C19. I have a really good idea who passed it on to her...:(...)

million$momma

I've had flu-like symptoms since Sunday. I got the swab test a few days ago and I just got a negative result back. :cheer2:
Have you been able to figure out how you picked up the flu? If you were able to catch that bug, you need to evaluate what went wrong so that you don't pick up something more dangerous the same way...

NeilJLeonard

Couldn't she have given it to you?
I am the one that did all the shopping and other errands. I was always masked, etc, and I do not remember any non-masked people in the places I went to, but evidently there was someone positive somewhere that got me.

She did have a medical problem that had us going to U of Miami/ Jackson Medical Complex in Miami a couple times a week from March until June. If she had picked it up then would it have waited from early June until Late July to show signs of infection? I was the first one to have symptoms that is why I feel I am the one that infected her.

NJL

vesperholly

I had it in mid-March. Couldn't get a diagnostic test at the time and my dr said it was bronchitis (e-visit). I had a positive antibody test from the county department of health in late July.

Never had a fever. The worst symptom was a really hard dry cough. I had some crackling in my lungs when breathing, which is when I did the e-visit and got put on antibiotics and steroids. No lingering effects that I can tell.

Not sure where I was exposed. I went to an event in Philadelphia the first weekend of March, but there were also a few cases (one asymptomatic) at my office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information