Staying positive while positive!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Hello - just wanted to start a thread for uplifting messages for those who have tested positive. If the mods think this is like an existing thread, please combine. I feel it's different enough from the Medical Thread. I thought we could use a separate space so we can ignore reading articles with the odds of us dying or killing our loved ones.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-power-of-positive-thinking

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::encore::encore::encore::encore::summer::summer::summer::summer::sheep::cheer::cheer::cheer::fsu10:

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
You tested positive? Best wishes for a speedy recovery! How are you feeling?

any good plans for the time where you are isolated? Figure skating rewatch maybe?

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Thanks, @Hedwig

I did, we can't figure out how I got it as we've been doing curbside pick up for groceries and take out with the occasional run into a store for a<15 min trip. We always wear masks if we are leaving the house (except for walking the dog). We did go to the main hospital in the area on 6/28, rode the elevator a few times and hung out indoors the foyer for ~25 minutes, waiting for Mr. coco's ex-wife to come down and update us on his son, who is now doing much better. That, and I worked out with my trainer...first time since early March. We stayed apart from one another, and it wasn't in a traditional gym, just a small place used by about 30 people, no more than 5 at a time. The trainer has tested negative twice since then, but someone who used the place (while I wasn't there) did test positive. So if I had to guess, that was it, despite them spraying everything with cleaner after each client. Or the trainer's negative tests were false. Another potential cause would be Mr. Coco going to his apt downtown in a building with about 100 other units for a day or two every month. He may have brought it back up here.

I'm working from home, so no real changes to the schedule since I'm basically asymptommatic. I have allergy symptoms and I'm a little more tired than usual, that's it. Mr. coco is very high risk, so I'm very concerned about him. My infectious window is ended yesterday, based on the health department RN's assessment of my allergy symptoms worsening slightly around the 3rd. I'm still considering myself infectious through the end of the week, to be careful. The test was on the 7th. Mr. coco will be out of the woods by 8/1.

We are both taking extra vitamin C and generally trying not to think about it, but of course I'm happy to 'talk' about it here, lol. ETA - writing is somehow easier than talking.

Honestly, I think a lot of people have this, and most won't end up in the hospital. The problem is that it is so devastating for those who do get a bad case of it, and the numbers are high enough that it puts great strain on the healthcare system. The testing 'crisis' that is happening now is caused in part, imo, by employers of places that have recently re-opened trying to get their people tested once a week.

Last edited:

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
best wishes for you both. So MrCoco is still negative? I read about Vitamin D as a possible help - maybe take that as well?

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Thanks @BlueRidge and @Hedwig . Mr coco was tested yesterday, so we should know by Monday at the latest.

Yes, we were already taking Vitamin D :) I've read the same.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

@Coco I hope that Mr. Coco’s test is negative, and that you hopefully have a smooth recovery and continued mild symptoms! Thinking of you!

Debbie S

I'm sorry, Coco, but glad you are mostly asymptomatic and hope it continues. Hope Mr. Coco stays negative. Sending good thoughts to you both.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Sorry to hear this, but glad that your symptoms aren't worse. Keeping good thoughts that Mr Coco stays well .

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Sending positive thoughs your way and hoping for the best for Mr. Coco.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I hope you recover quickly and mr. Coco avoids getting it.

Mr. Coco's son is doing better?

He was in the hospital for about a week. They think the seizures and the kidney issues are unrelated. He's fine at home, itching to get back to work but I'm hoping they will hold him out another week or so. Because of the seizures he can't drive for 3 months. They don't know what happened, which is scary, but they are doing more tests to figure everything out. As far as his kidneys are concerned, I know he uses muscle building powder for a shake every day, I think that may have been part of the culprit. Who knows what's in those!

once_upon

Voter
Oh yeah I would think those powders would have something to do with the kidney issues. It sounds familiar in warnings but I cant remember exactly what.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Thanks 😘 Still asymptomatic and "released" as health department deems me no longer infectious.

He tested negative on 7/13, but they told him he tested too early as I may have been infectious through the 13th and it can take a while to test positive.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
A second test (which I feel a little guilty about taking since it is kind of pointless) was negative! Nice to have the peace of mind. He has until 7/27 when he could possibly have symptoms if he got it from me, so 10 days to go, although of course we could get this in some other way, even with taking precautions...smh. But for now, I'm loving the illusion of safety.

Thanks, everyone, for your kindness and support!

sk8pics

It would be cool if all FSUers who had it or knew someone who had it would post in there. Then we could keep track better.
Okay, I’ve known 7 people so far who have gotten YNW:
2 died, one was in his 80’s the other about 58 (his was not confirmed but seems highly likely)
2 are still sick, got their test results last weekend.
The others have all recovered. In one case it took a couple of months, in the others it didn’t seem to take as long to recover (one was a college kid who was asymptomatic).
The cases were in NJ, MD, and DE.

MacMadame

Staying at home
A bunch of my friends have posted about having it on FB but the only ones I remember are:
1) One from NYC who got it fairly early on. No one else in her family got it. She survived but is having lingering after-effects.
2) A family in my area all got it. The woman is a marathoner and a fast one. They also have lingering after-effects and I worry for her that she won't be able to run again or at least not in at the level she was at.
3) My hairdresser's father got it early on. They don't know how and he did die. I think she said he was in his 70s.

The rest are more casual acquaintances so their names didn't stick with me.

No one in my family got it. No one I personally know died. (I don't know my hairdresser's dad so that doesn't count. I feel bad for her though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information