So who is heading to Vegas?!

Spikefan

My plan is to bring layers, it will be 80 outside during the day but I will be inside an ice rink. I don’t think I will need a coat, it was 50 here today and I just needed my jacket (and that was with 20 mph wind).

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
This weather is going to be like SA in Ontario except without the pleasure of watching Fabian Bourzat at the swimming pool. :D

Carolla5501

My plan is to bring layers, it will be 80 outside during the day but I will be inside an ice rink. I don’t think I will need a coat, it was 50 here today and I just needed my jacket (and that was with 20 mph wind).
it’s all relative. It’s been over 90 for so long where I live that 50 may feel like I’m in a freezer 😁

thvudragon

Usova's Apprentice
I’ll be there. Flying out tomorrow. Flying back on a Sunday 1 AM redeye right after the end of the competition. Won’t be staying for the exhibition. (Boooo work!)

HeatherC

Proud fan of K&O and Team SW Florida! =)
Packing for this trip has been very challenging. It's going to be about 58 F here in Cincy when we leave on Wednesday but it will be around 80 F when we land in Vegas. Then I have to plan for not only walking around in 80 F weather but for sitting in an ice arena for most of the weekend, and it's been so warm here up until a few days ago that I don't even have all my winter clothes pulled out of my storage bin yet! My entire Tuesday night will be spent trying to figure out what to pack....and that may not even be enough time at this point (at least I've all ready done laundry), LOL :rofl:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Packing for this trip has been very challenging. It's going to be about 58 F here in Cincy when we leave on Wednesday but it will be around 80 F when we land in Vegas. Then I have to plan for not only walking around in 80 F weather but for sitting in an ice arena for most of the weekend, and it's been so warm here up until a few days ago that I don't even have all my winter clothes pulled out of my storage bin yet! My entire Tuesday night will be spent trying to figure out what to pack....and that may not even be enough time at this point (at least I've all ready done laundry), LOL :rofl:
You're a Buckeye--just consider it a normal Ohio seasonal transition day and wear layers. ;)

I'm in the same boat, though--what few fall-ish clothes I have are work clothes. The rest of my fall/winter stuff is still in storage.

I just bought a boyfriend blazer that I think will come in handy. Otherwise I have no idea what to wear or pack.

HeatherC

Proud fan of K&O and Team SW Florida! =)
You're a Buckeye--just consider it a normal Ohio seasonal transition day and wear layers. ;)

I'm in the same boat, though--what few fall-ish clothes I have are work clothes. The rest of my fall/winter stuff is still in storage.

I just bought a boyfriend blazer that I think will come in handy. Otherwise I have no idea what to wear or pack.
LOL! I feel like it's been more random than normal this year but I've been seeing the same exact comments about the weather in my FB memories lately and I've been reminded harshly that Ohio's weather is this random all the time. Whoops! :rofl:

Definitely going with the layering plan but my problem is that half my layers are still packed away so I'm gonna have to be creative with what I take with me. I'm glad I designated an entire evening to pack this week because it's not gonna be easy! :eek:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
Re: mosquitoes. Mosquitoes hatch in standing water. There isn't much standing water in Vegas, so there aren't many mosquitoes, either. You won't need insect repellent, but you will need lots of moisturizer and conditioner.

There are lots of panhandlers and drunks who sometimes swarm like mosquitoes, but there is no handy repellent for them.

peibeck

Simply looking
I'll probably be wrong, but I don't expect the arena to be super freezing like at some comps.

The high here in the StL area was only 59° and the low was 34° yesterday (and being cheap, I refused to turn on the furnace) so I kind of feel a bit more prepared for being in an ice rink. :lol:

clairecloutier

I have no idea what to pack. It’s been in the mid-50s in Boston this past week, so it’s kind of weird to be flying back into summer weather in Vegas. All I know is I’ll be bringing my light down coat, because I’ve never not worn it at a rink (even at the late-summer U.S. Classic comp in SLC). 😁

sk8pics

Besides not knowing what to pack for Vegas and the arena, I am going to Albuquerque on Sunday, so I am doubly puzzled.:lol: Layers it will be, I suppose. This assumes I don't cancel my trip because of my cat Leo not eating very well.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
It turns out I may be able to go to SA after all. Not sure if I can get the tickets and hotel this late.

Sparks

Besides not knowing what to pack for Vegas and the arena, I am going to Albuquerque on Sunday, so I am doubly puzzled.:lol: Layers it will be, I suppose. This assumes I don't cancel my trip because of my cat Leo not eating very well.
Albuquerque should be nice. Mid 70s in the day, 40s at night.

SkateGem

Here is the list of items prohibited in the Orleans arena. Banners over 11" x17" are prohibited although maybe someone could get the exception listed at the end of the list.

The Following is a list of items prohibited inside the Orleans Arena:

• No bags or backpacks will be permitted into the venue except for small personal bags or purses. (12”X12”X6”) or smaller are acceptable.
• Weapons of any kind including Firearms, Pepper Spray, Knives, Mace or Handcuffs.
• Outside Food, Beverages, or Alcohol.
• Cans, Bottles, Flasks, or Containers.
• Professional Cameras with a detachable lens or external flash.
• Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods.
• Audio/Visual Recording Devices.
• Strollers and Booster Seats.
• Flammable Liquids, Fireworks, or Flares.
• Laser Pointers and Flashlights.
• Federally Illegal Drugs or Substances to include Marijuana.
• Animals or Pets (accommodations made for service animals).
• Signs, Flags, or Banners exceeding 11”X17” or attached to a Pole/Stick. Sign must be relevant to event. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.
• Laptops or Personal Computers.
• Noise Making Devices.
• Balloons, Balls or Projectiles.
• Skateboards, Segway’s, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover Boards and Helmets.
• Coolers, Ice Chests, Umbrellas.
• Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt.
• Masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets.
• Drones.
• Handouts: Flyers, Pamphlets, Ads

*Exceptions may be made for certain events

Marge_Simpson

I will bring the "Tiffed" banner and see if they let me hang it.
Honestly, that list is so long I'm not sure people are permitted in the arena. :lol:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
A what?!

(I googled it and just got a bunch of images of blazers of all types.)
It's supposed to be oversized and cut like a man's jacket--like you borrowed your boyfriend's blazer for the day, see?

It isn't what I had in mind (I ordered it online) as it just fits and doesn't look like a guy's jacket at all, but I like it so I kept it.

BYTCH

Celebrating Prancer's Specialness
I will finally get to see @miffy again after all of these years! WOOHOO!
Your life gets better and better, you will also get to see ME!!! :drama::drama:
I'm bringing shorts, slacks and layers of other clothes, sports shoes and socks.

I'm also bringing some attitude. :angryfire:angryfire:EVILLE::EVILLE:

jkl

WOW I have a boyfriend blazer and didn’t know it! I’ll save it for Montreal.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Here is the list of items prohibited in the Orleans arena. Banners over 11" x17" are prohibited although maybe someone could get the exception listed at the end of the list.

[snip]

Hey, come on, this is Vegas!! I saw people on the street wearing all of those things!!

I'm surprised the BDSM community isn't protesting against this rule :mitchell:

Jayar

Your life gets better and better, you will also get to see ME!!! :drama:I'm also bringing some attitude. :angryfire:angryfire:EVILLE::EVILLE:
I'm not concerned. You will be living off of pennies thrown at you whilst on the stripper pole while I watch skating.

Last edited:

Patinita

• No bags or backpacks will be permitted into the venue except for small personal bags or purses. (12”X12”X6”) or smaller are acceptable.
• Weapons of any kind including Firearms, Pepper Spray, Knives, Mace or Handcuffs.
• Outside Food, Beverages, or Alcohol.
• Cans, Bottles, Flasks, or Containers.
• Professional Cameras with a detachable lens or external flash.
• Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods.
• Audio/Visual Recording Devices.
• Strollers and Booster Seats.
• Flammable Liquids, Fireworks, or Flares.
• Laser Pointers and Flashlights.
• Federally Illegal Drugs or Substances to include Marijuana.
• Animals or Pets (accommodations made for service animals).
• Signs, Flags, or Banners exceeding 11”X17” or attached to a Pole/Stick. Sign must be relevant to event. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.
• Laptops or Personal Computers.
• Noise Making Devices.
• Balloons, Balls or Projectiles.
• Skateboards, Segway’s, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover Boards and Helmets.
• Coolers, Ice Chests, Umbrellas.
• Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt.
• Drones.
• Handouts: Flyers, Pamphlets, Ads

I'll be there too, there's also an event specific list, that I find is sometimes slightly different than the arena policy. I specifically like to look up the camera policy. See below. Found on the USFSA event page.
Event FAQ & Policies

Orleans Arena Policies
Cameras and Recording Devices
No Video Recording of any type is allowed during any portion of the competition.

Personal photography is allowed from the designated spectator seating area so as to not interfere with nor disrupt
(i) any portion of the event; (ii) event participants and their performance; (iii) the intended use of public areas; and/or (iv) the viewing ability of others. All photos taken during the event must be for personal use only.
Unauthorized commercial use, sale, or third party distribution of photos and videos from the event is strictly prohibited without prior written consent from U.S. Figure Skating. Violators are subject to immediate removal from the event and potentially held liable for any damage, or perceived damage, associated with the violation.
Prohibited Equipment: No Monopods, No Tripods, No Telephoto Lens greater than 6 inches or 200 mm. For the safety of the athletes, No Camera Flash is allowed during the event.
Alcohol
Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the Orleans Arena. Alcoholic beverages will be sold by Spectra Food Services & Hospitality during most events.
Smoking Policy
Smoking is permitted in a designated smoking area outside the SE doors. Please extinguish all smoking materials 25 feet from the entrance as indicated. E-cigarettes are also prohibited.
Bag Searches
For safety and security purposes, all patrons are subject to bag searches before entering the building. The show may also require pat downs and wanding as an extra precautionary measure.
Re-Entry
Once a patron leaves the Orleans Arena during an event, there is no re-entry permitted unless another ticket is purchased with the exception of medical or emergency situations.
Re-selling of Tickets / Scalping
Re-selling of tickets by private parties is prohibited.
Solicitation / Selling of Illegal Merchandise / Bootlegging
Selling of illegal merchandise not sold under the approval of the Arena management is prohibited and is subject to confiscation.

Solicitation of any kind on Arena property, including the distribution of promotional materials, without the express consent of Arena management is strictly prohibited.
Artist Lineup Subject to Change
Events, times, productions and performers are subject to change without notice.
Guest Conduct
Orleans Arena strives to provide its guests with a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable atmosphere. Guests interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the event including using foul or abusive language or inappropriate gestures may be subject to eviction. Guests appearing to be under the influence of an illegal substance may be evicted from the Arena and turned over to the authorities.
Ticket Refunds and Exchanges
All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered.
How can I watch figure skating online?
The NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass will stream Skate America and the entire ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series LIVE. The pass will be available in August and also covers junior and senior competition for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, plus all ISU Championship Series competitions including the ISU World Figure Skating Championships. Watch world and Olympic caliber skaters all season long on the NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass! Visit https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/figure-skating for more information.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
I'm not concerned. You will be living off of pennies thrown at you whilst on the stripper pole while I watch skating.
Is this going to be another SA where I sit there watching skating while BYTCH alternates sending snarky texts to you and obscene texts to your hubby?

I swear I saw him blushing all the way across the arena last time :lol:.

Oooh, it just occurred to me that I will not be dependent on BYTCH for transportation this time and so can sing along with the music in the stands with impunity. :EVILLE:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information