So who is heading to Vegas?!

miffy

I know we had a thread in GSD but it got very long and people seemed to change their minds a lot :lol: So I am confused about who is really going. I am going alone so I would love to meet up. And I am staying at The Orleans.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing lots of you! :40beers:

Debbie S

I'll be there! Arriving Thursday, leaving Monday, at The Orleans. I've never been to Vegas, so I'm hoping to get a chance to see the Strip and any other sights.

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
BYTCH and I are going and will both be staying at the Orleans. :D

I hate Vegas, but skating in Vegas is hard to pass up.

modern_muslimah

Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank
I'll be going. I live 15 mins from the Orleans so I'll be commuting to the competition.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Arriving Wednesday and leaving Monday! Been to Vegas twice so don't need to do much touristy stuff. I've only seen one show there, though, so I might try to see another one that isn't too ridiculously pricey (so sad that Gaga's shows are outrageously expensive).

HeatherC

Proud fan of K&O and Team SW Florida! =)
Mom and I will be there from Thursday through Monday (we're also staying at the Orleans). We're meeting up with some of my west coast friends (our seats are together) and I've never been to Vegas before so I'm SUPER excited about this trip. :cheer:

Doggygirl

Going through FS withdrawal after GPF
I will be there from Wednesday evening until Monday morning staying at the Orleans! So excited for the season to start! :cheer2:

peibeck

Simply looking
I will be there too. I'm actually arriving on Tuesday so I have a few days to hit the Strip, maybe see a show, and try some foodie adventures. (There are a lot of great restaurants in Vegas.) I've been to Vegas for work conferences multiple times, so there aren't a ton of touristy things I have much interest in seeing again. Currently I've got a reservation for the Orleans, but it's refundable and I'm still thinking about staying on the Strip where more of the action is at.

manhn

I have not yet bought tickets or booked hotels, I have decided to go to Skate America. I love the idea of a skating event in Vegas. This, despite being an easy enough drive to Kelowna for Skate Canada (although, who knows, maybe I'll take a day off to go there too).

skatesindreams

I have not yet bought tickets or booked hotels, I have decided to go to Skate America. I love the idea of a skating event in Vegas. This, despite being an easy enough drive to Kelowna for Skate Canada (although, who knows, maybe I'll take a day off to go there too).
This appeared in my Inbox today:

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Everything is beautiful at the ballet!
Who in their right mind can pass-up the opportunity to see (& hear) Mako Yamashita’s funky version of Una Voce Poco Fa once again? ;)

Carolla5501

I have a hotel and ticket to show on Friday, but right now airfare is not cooperating. I am holding off on buying skating tickets until it does!

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
OMG, I booked tickets for the WRONG WEEK!

But Southwest let me change them with no fee and I even got a $20 credit because my return flight is cheaper than what I originally booked. :huh:

sjs5572

Luxury Hotel Stay and Brunch, Skate America, to benefit
Alysa Liu:
I am the fan liason for the Pacific Coast Competitors
Figure Skating Foundation. I am selling two luxury hotel packages for Skate America to benefit Alysa. Brunch with Alysa and her father is included in these packages (she is attending as a spectator).

Package One:
Orleans Hotel
Four Nights, Oct 17 to 21.
Two Bedroom Luxury Louisiana Suite.
Sleeps up to six people.
Brunch for up to four people with Alysa at Orleans Hotel Buffet on Saturday late morning.
$1,200 (or best offer) including all taxes and fees (no resort fees) payable to
Pacific Coast Competitors Figure Skating Foundation.
Some of your donation may be tax deductible.

Package Two:
Two bedroom super luxury suite in Augustus Tower at Caesars Palace. All other provisions the same as package one.
$1,500 (or best offer) including all taxes and fees payable to foundation.
Please private message me if interested.

Last edited:

HeatherC

Proud fan of K&O and Team SW Florida! =)
So as mom and I were trying to book our flights to Vegas this week, airfare was not cooperating so we're now arriving on Wednesday evening and leaving on Sunday night after the exhibition (we rearranged our reservations to accomodate the update and our flight home is now an overnight one). Glad we finally have it all booked but I never imagined it would be that challenging! :eek:

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
So as mom and I were trying to book our flights to Vegas this week, airfare was not cooperating so we're now arriving on Wednesday evening and leaving on Sunday night after the exhibition (we rearranged our reservations to accomodate the update and our flight home is now an overnight one). Glad we finally have it all booked but I never imagined it would be that challenging! :eek:
I had a hard time getting good flights and somehow ended up flying home on Monday when I thought I had a ticket for Sunday. But most of the Sunday flights were ridiculous--not just costly, but the layovers were crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information