Skating free-for-all. Wild moves seen in practice

Foolhardy Ham Lint

One of my frustrations with the free skating parameters of IJS, is that it isn't actually that free at all.

That's why attending practice sessions during competition is sometimes more fun than the event itself. I have seen skaters attempt some crazy things.

Two standout examples are Shoma Uno landing a fantastic triple axel/quadruple toe loop at the recent World Team Trophy, and in 2017, Alexandra Trusova landing a jump sequence that included nine triple jumps.

If anyone else has any examples they would like to share, let me know.

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
That's why attending practice sessions during competition is sometimes more fun than the event itself. I have seen skaters attempt some crazy things.

I too love attending practices! The first big live event I ever attended was US Nationals in 2006. Thank goodness I was advised to attend the practices. I will never forget being mesmerized by Rohene Ward during practices, and it had nothing to do with jumps. He could have been very competitive in a sprial-off with the likes of Sasha Cohen or Michelle Kwan!! You are right - there are cool things to be seen in practices that don't make it to competitive programs (perhaps they make it to exhibitions!). :inavoid:

Marco

Still on the look out for Kwan's 3sal3loop that she supposed landed well at 2001 Worlds practice.

(for a wild move for most but for her it surely was!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information