Skate Canada Challenge (virtual), Jan. 8-10 & 15-17, 2021

Colonel Green

Trivia, this is (I believe) the first individual bronze medal of Marjorie & Zach's careers, since when they get near the podium they have always in the past gotten gold, silver, or (too many times) the dreaded pewter that doesn't exist outside the USFS.

Skate Talker

It’ll be archived on Dailymotion.

I’m also going to upload it to YouTube eventually, but that probably won’t be until tomorrow since downloads take a while and sadly I have to work tomorrow.
And I thank you for those individual performances to download - takes me many many hours to download the complete version from dailymotion

Ted interviewing Piper & Paul.

Paul has frizzy quarantine hair and a Rod Black moustache.
Not for the first time, lol. At least it's better the Paddy's 'stache.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Trivia, this is (I believe) the first individual bronze medal of Marjorie & Zach's careers, since when they get near the podium they have always in the past gotten gold, silver, or (too many times) the dreaded pewter that doesn't exist outside the USFS.
Wikipedia says Youth Olympics individual and team event, but yes- lots of 1 and 2!

Colonel Green

Wikipedia says Youth Olympics individual and team event, but yes- lots of 1 and 2!
They got a team bronze at the Youth Olympics (and were third in that segment of the competition), but were fourth in the individual there.

The dance event in Lillehammer is a weird one to look at in retrospect, with Shpilevaya/Smirnov and Lewis/Bye beating two future Junior World champion teams.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Er-unSSXYAAVw-a

puglover

Great display of riches!! Dance for this next Olympics reminds me of pairs for the previous one - 4 really good teams, all deserving, and one will be left behind. Shane and Caro were not here in seniors and Emmy and Aissa in junior dance. There should be a number of retirements in dance following this cycle but this next year sounds like a heartbreaker.

Skate Talker

Great display of riches!! Dance for this next Olympics reminds me of pairs for the previous one - 4 really good teams, all deserving, and one will be left behind. Shane and Caro were not here in seniors and Emmy and Aissa in junior dance. There should be a number of retirements in dance following this cycle but this next year sounds like a heartbreaker.
Well if Nikolaj doesn't get citizenship that reduces the list by one

Debrah

Still in a mesmerizing stupor of unparalleled appreciation from watching Piper and Paul's incredible FD performance, and even more heartbroken that MTL Worlds had to be canceled as they proved all these months later just how ready they were to step up and they definitely would have brought the entire world audience to their feet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information