Skate America Exhibition Gala - now you see it...

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
Complete with Rusty and his illusionist - the order of skate:

Lanochka

Diabolical Kévin Uber
Keegan skating to the photo of his brother absolutely tore my heart to shreds. You could tell that Amber, who skated after him, had been crying too. :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
This IS the last of the illusionist, yes? Not that he's not good, just...

LOL at Tomono's reaction.

victorskid

This IS the last of the illusionist, yes? Not that he's not good, just...

LOL at Tomono's reaction.
They changed the order slightly but yes that's the last scheduled appearance. No Peng & Jin - did they announce why?

Prancer

Needs More Sleep
Staff member
They changed the order slightly but yes that's the last scheduled appearance. No Peng & Jin - did they announce why?
They appeared with Rusty and I believe they said that Peng twisted her ankle.

I may have been talking at the time, so I am not completely sure :shuffle:.

victorskid

She hurt her ankle on that throw yesterday.
That's what I suspected. I saw a photo on Twitter with them in "Team China" gear talking to Rusty but that didn't appear to be on the live stream. I read that they wished Cha a Happy Birthday :)

Sally1214

Keegan skating to the photo of his brother absolutely tore my heart to shreds. You could tell that Amber, who skated after him, had been crying too. :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
I didn't watch the gala; but after reading your post, I checked out Keegan's tribute on the CBC videos. Absolutely heartbreaking. 😢 Putting that together with Keegan's SP, I don't think I've ever shed more tears during a figure skating event in such a short period of time. Keegan's decision to even compete at this competition so soon after the tragedy just fills my heart with admiration for his courage and strength. My heart goes out to him and his whole family. And, now, I'm finished with SA. No more tears ... moving on to Skate Canada. "Talk" to you all next weekend. :)

AnnM

It looks like the event was well attended judging from live stream every day
I actually thought it was the least attended gala I've seen, and that attendance was lower than at the competitive events. There wasn't that usual surge of local attendees.

Our entire row was sobbing when Keegan skated and Amber Glenn was definitely also crying. Saw her wiping away at her eyes before she was announced and her mascara was a mess.

Last edited:

Carolla5501

When I bought my tickets at the box office she asked if I wanted exhibition. I told her no I had a flight Sunday and she indicated a lot of people were telling her that

Of course if the event had been in my home town I would have skipped it. I really don't enjoy it.

victorskid

When I bought my tickets at the box office she asked if I wanted exhibition. I told her no I had a flight Sunday and she indicated a lot of people were telling her that

Of course if the event had been in my home town I would have skipped it. I really don't enjoy it.
And you found it necessary to post that as a comment about an event you didn't attend???

Some people DO enjoy watching the gala - that is their choice :)

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP

Sylvia

Ben Agosto and Katherine Hill choreographed the fun group numbers.

Ladies/Dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcAWjl0SHY

Clips from Men's group number (Nathan, Jason, Dmitri, Keegan, Kazuki, Boyang): https://www.instagram.com/p/B33qUIVptG1/

Clips from the end/skaters throwing free stuff into the crowd: https://www.instagram.com/p/B33uYbYJJAe/

ETA:

Last edited:

Sylvia

Message I received from USFS today: "We do hope to show exhibitions to fans. We should have more information on this later on so stay tuned."

Carolla5501

And you found it necessary to post that as a comment about an event you didn't attend???

Some people DO enjoy watching the gala - that is their choice :)

That’s fine, I wouldn’t go. But I did point out why I think a lot of people didn’t go.

I’m not sure why you think it’s necessary to chastise people who make a different choice than you?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information