Silly news from all over

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
The weight limit also means it's inside the carry on bag under the seat. That would help conpared to the cat being on the owner's lap, say, right next to the allergic passenger.

Zemgirl

I do agree that the health and well-being of human passengers has to be prioritized. I have allergic friends who are miserable even after a brief exposure in a ventilated space, and that's after taking medication. A long flight would be cruel, if not downright dangerous.

But I figure that so long as the cat/whatever other animal can fit into a carrier, the weight is a non-issue. In this case Viktor the cat had already been allowed on an earlier flight, so I guess he was transportable?

MacMadame

My G.O.A.T is better than your G.O.A.T.
The weight limit also means it's inside the carry on bag under the seat. That would help conpared to the cat being on the owner's lap, say, right next to the allergic passenger.
I don't think it would make much difference. Especially if one has severe allergies.

I recently found out that most airlines have limits on how many pets can be in the cabin as a way to limit allergic passengers from being exposed. I guess that's better than having no limits but I think once any pet is in the cabin, their dander is going to be in the air everywhere.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I don't think it would make much difference. Especially if one has severe allergies.
Having a cat 1.5m away vs having a cat in your face? Probably not much difference on a 12 hours flight, a world of difference on 2 hours. Nevermind the scratching part...

Vagabond

Having a cat 1.5m away vs having a cat in your face? Probably not much difference on a 12 hours flight, a world of difference on 2 hours. Nevermind the scratching part...
A friend of mine is allergic to all mammals except human beings. She can have a severe reaction, to the point of being in fear of death, if she is in the same room with a dog or cat for even a few minutes. And having seen this happen twice with my own eyes, I must say that you have no idea what you are talking about.

MacMadame

My G.O.A.T is better than your G.O.A.T.
Once the cat dander gets into the air recycling system, it's all over for the severely allergic.

Vagabond

I always thought that that sort of thing could make you blind, not def! :slinkaway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information