[To be followed by Free Dance - Dailymotion will live stream the 1st group]

Scheduled to re-start at 12:15 Pacific / 3:15 pm Eastern (after Dance is done):
13 Larkyn Austman BC/YK
14 Triena Robinson AB/NT/NU
15 Michelle Long ON
16 Sarah Tamura BC/YK
17 Kaetlyn Osmond AB/NT/NU
18 Gabrielle Daleman ON

Live (unofficial) scores: http://vsatech.ca/liveresults/csslive_results.cfm?strCategoryid=120

The Dailymotion live stream for the first 2 groups can be watched via the event site: https://skatecanada.ca/2018-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/
Direct link to the live stream (Ted Barton, Debbi Wilkes): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cn1dt
Direct link to the French stream (Myriane Samson): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cn1e4

TSN broadcast in Canada (TSN4/TSN5/CTV2) for Women’s Free Program / Ice Dance Free Dance (live) is scheduled to start at 11:00 PT / 14:00 ET.

ETA:

Credit to @peibeck who thought up the first part of the thread title and to @cocotaffy for the 2nd part (posted later in the thread). :)

Last edited:

honey

Ratings
I feel awful for these girls having to compete at the national championships at 8am.

Maysie Poliziani

3T+2T
3L fall
3L+2T
3T
3S fall
2A step
2A+1/2L+2S

She's got some great height in her jumps. I think she might be better served with less snoozy music, but a nice presentation.

haribobo

Ratings
Maysie verry slow and boring and the music made it worse...but Teddbi loved it of course, their constant positivity is exhausting.

my little pony

war crawling into canada
Ratings
while i appreciate the excessive positivity, i think you can still be nice and point out what someone needs to work on or why someone wont score as well as another person

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Ratings
Helene has some good spring in her jumps, and skates with much more speed than the previous lady. (Of course as I type this, she did a 1A...)
And she was so close on that 2A3T attempt.

honey

Ratings
Helene Carle

I really love her dress. Cleopatra

3L
2A turn 3T, no need for that turn
3S
3L fall
3S+2T turn out
2F
1A, off the heel

There's a nice calmness about her jumps, and I see potential in her. Did Ted say she's only 16?

83.27, 123.17 overall, into 1st

haribobo

Ratings
Helene Carle - Cleopatra- 3r, 2ax turns to 3t, 3s, 3r fall, 3s-2t turnout, 2f, 1ax, slow cautious circ ftwk, ok spins. Mildly less slow and boring vs. Maysie. Pretty, nice makeup and costume. My guess score- 80 points. Actual score - 83.27.

honey

Ratings
Jane Grey

Haven't seen Jan Ulmark at the boards in a while! Nice green dress on Jane. The Mission.

3Z, beautiful!
1A+1/2L+3S
3L+2T
3L
3S+2T
1A, that didn't seem necessary :p
1F, neither did that

I have sat through some rough women's events at nationals...this is great darn good for 1st flight! 5 triples for Jane.

90.60, 137.11 overall, into 1st

JoannaLouise

Ratings
Too bad about the pops for Jane Gray, but the jumps she completed were gorgeous. The opening 3Lz was beautiful.
It was nice to see her do relatively well here, after being a last-minute qualifier due to Bausback's withdrawal.

haribobo

Ratings
Jane Gray -Mission- 3z, 1ax-1/2r-3sal, 3r-2t, 3r, 3s-2t, 1ax, 1f. Good triples. Music is so sleepy and it was slow, that it felt less successful than it was? Score guess- 93 points, actual score= 90.60.

honey

Ratings
Emy Decelles

Another beautiful dress. The Great Gatsby.

2A+3T
3F fall
1Z
3L, maybe under?
3F+2T, maybe 2 foot and under on the flip
2A+2T+1L
3T

This was the best choreography so far, but I think I've seen her be more into it from a performance aspect in the past.

91.00, 139.55 overall, into 1st

rfisher

Will you rise like a phoenix or be a burnt chicken
Ratings
I'd gladly trade Ted for any of the IN or NBC commentators simply because he waits to talk after the skate is over. And, it's due to him we can see all the JGP events on YouTube. The rest of the world could take lessons.

haribobo

Ratings
Emy Decelles- 2ax-3t with nice speed, 3f fall, 1z, 3r, 3f-2t, 2ax-2t-1t, 3t
There is a lack of posture and tension in her skating, that prevents me from ever being fully convinced, but much more energy than the first 3 skaters, good speed in footwork. Guess- 85 points, because the jumps were sort of rough. Actual score 91.00.

honey

Ratings
Aurora Cotop

Everyone's dress game is on point this morning. Claire de Lune.

My god, put your arms up when stroking
2A+3T
3F
3Z
3T+1/2L+2S
2A+2T
3L
3S

So much potential is there. The basics need some solid work, but she is musical and able to handle choreography. Well done.

108.06, 156.89 overall, into 1st.

JoannaLouise

Ratings
Great job by Cotop! :cheer2:
Her expression is maturing nicely. I feel like she used to rush a lot in her interpretation; she is much more musical now. (Her stroking still drives me batty though.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)