Senior Free Dance: El Tango de Ratsanne

overedge

crying in a bathroom in Milano
Ratings
The Nats judges will tell them what they need to improve behind the scenes. The scores are just there to show that SC supports them and help VM feel that support.
If they don't know by now that SC supports them, something is seriously wrong :lol:

I haven't seen the performance but those scores are so astronomical, if the intent was to send a message or show support....it didn't have to be *that* much.

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Ratings
Thomas Williams hairy chest very sexy... that is the highlight of this program thus far (and overall most likely)
:smokin:
Who would have thought that one day I'd find Thomas Williams attractive :).

But first and foremost, congrats to Tessa and Scott (and their perfect score)! A Rippon shirt looks very good on Scott. And the new ending is definitely more Olympics-friendly - I like!

victoriajh

trying to ignore rod and find the eurosport feed
Ratings
in discussions with @alilou and @mahnn i went back and watched Tessa and Scott again... the music cuts and the changes really pull me in much more with the moulin rouge program.... i am now a fan ;)

Debrah

Ratings
Overedge - the fact you are offering an uniformed opinion says it all. Perhaps you need to watch the 2 performances to see if you see any flaws in them, before you announce they were astronomically over scored... In most cases I would agree with you - inflation at National competitions is a given, but in fact for the first time ever, I think V&M's scores were actually justified given what they did.

kwanfan1818 - perhaps that's why the judges left that tiny tiny bit before an absolute perfect score was achieved so they would not anger the skate gods, or jinx Tessa and Scott, LOL! Judges left the Quaker flawed stitch on the score sheet, perhaps so there's still some motivation for the team to seek excellence once again and maybe to earn them all over again at the Olympics, before they retire... I can hardly wait to see what they bring to the table for those final eligible competitive performances.

thvudragon

Usova's Apprentice
Ratings
Overedge - the fact you are offering an uniformed opinion says it all. Perhaps you need to watch the 2 performances to see if you see any flaws in them, before you announce they were astronomically over scored... In most cases I would agree with you - inflation at National competitions is a given, but in fact for the first time ever, I think V&M's scores were actually justified given what they did.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Of course you do.

Debrah

Ratings
thvudragon -- no need to roll your eyes, but yes if you in your condescending emoji way are suggesting I am a fan and not to be taken seriously, I just want to point out that I am not an uniformed fan, I usually only give credit when it's deserved. Sometimes good is not good enough to win. At GPF they deserved 2nd. At National's it was a completely prepared V&M who showed up. I have watched skating for over 50 years, I have watched all the greats before them. I know how they skated during their career and even after gold and silver medal performances they were rewarded for in those terms the ones I've watched this past weekend IMO and the judges agreed apparently is that they surpassed themselves! Even the judges were surprised at how much they had stepped up their game. They put down 2 excellent, and mesmerizing performances; nearly flawless and commanding actually, so YES INDEED in this competition and in terms of how much better they skated, than they ever had, and in direct comparison to the rest of the field at national's noted by the marks given to competitor's behind them then YES in those terms, they deserved the nearly perfect scores they were given, that's how much better they skated than every other team at national's... That's how it works in a judged sport.

sap5

Ratings
I think the important thing here is that V/M themselves don't believe those Nats scores mean that their programs are perfect. They're taking them as the feel-good motivational things they were intended to be. There's work ahead, they know it, and they're ready to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)