Schedules for Tv, Internet & more

love skating

Clueless American
Dish TV used to do the same for the Olympics (offered all the channels showing the Olympics to all their subscribers despite their subscriber level). So I checked the Olympic Channel today for me now that I have Spectrum - still locked. I was hoping Spectrum would offer it to all too during the Olympics but they haven't as of yet. However on the nbc olympic site I can watch the Olympic Channel by livestream while logged in with my Spectrum account. So I can watch there if I need to - I know most of the tennis is scheduled for the Olympic Channel

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
This might be an Olympics-only add. I have Comcast for the last 2.5 years since I moved and never had the Olympic Channel as part of my package. Lo and behold, today, I can view it. Which I'm not complaining about since I'll totally watch it during the Olympics, but I won't pay for it, lol.
Me, either. You may be right about it being Olympics-only add. I'm hoping it's not just a temporary thing, either. Here's the deal, however. I always receive a message whenever DirecTV is giving a free preview whether it's Showtime, HBO, EPIX, HD Movies pack, etc. I already have EPIX and the HD Extra (Movie) Pack, but they still send me a message.

I received a message yesterday that I have a free preview of the MLB games starting with the 700 channels. I don't remember which channels because I deleted the message.

I thought I would receive a message about the Olympic Channel, but I didn't. The only message I received from DirecTV was about resetting my receiver for updates. And now I have the Olympic channel. I still don't have NBC Sports Network, and there will be Olympic coverage on that channel, too.

So that's why I thought that the Olympic channel may be a permanent thing. I think I'll call and ask DirecTV since they didn't send me a message about it.

Frau Muller

Sailing the Seven Ultra-Cs!
NBCOlympics comes automatically to me as a Comcast-Xfinity cableTV & internet subscriber. Peacock premium too. Other than the opening ceremonies, I’m watching all Olympics on my computer, not even on Peacock, to ensure seeing it all in real time.

My big three:

Women’s Gymnastics

Synchro Artistic Swimming

Rhythmic Gymnastics

Plus news spots on NHK World or Russia One, for occasional other-than-Yankee-centric coverage. C’est tout.

Last edited:

mpal2

NBC seems to be clinging to their cable coverage concept and can't wrap their little brains around live streaming options without a cable provider. I only have Peacock and the lack of anything live coverage is making the entire Olympics not worth watching. There isn't any point to reading any of the threads.

I am losing more and more interest in anything Olympic related as the years go on and the tv coverage is sealing the deal.

Tesla

Whippet Good
NBC seems to be clinging to their cable coverage concept and can't wrap their little brains around live streaming options without a cable provider. I only have Peacock and the lack of anything live coverage is making the entire Olympics not worth watching. There isn't any point to reading any of the threads.

I am losing more and more interest in anything Olympic related as the years go on and the tv coverage is sealing the deal.
I understand how you feel. I’m in the same boat. I am reading the threads and find the live scoring for swimming to be exciting. It sucks, though.

Karina1974

Dish TV used to do the same for the Olympics (offered all the channels showing the Olympics to all their subscribers despite their subscriber level). So I checked the Olympic Channel today for me now that I have Spectrum - still locked. I was hoping Spectrum would offer it to all too during the Olympics but they haven't as of yet. However on the nbc olympic site I can watch the Olympic Channel by livestream while logged in with my Spectrum account. So I can watch there if I need to - I know most of the tennis is scheduled for the Olympic Channel
I have Spectrum, and I have the Olympic Channel. Not just during the Olympics, either. Had to subscribe to the tier that includes it, though.

Karina1974

Peacock is disappointing to me, too. I added the free subscription to my Roku, and woke up at 6-something this morning to catch the gymnastics. All I saw was the last 3 beam routines for the US and that was it. I kept it on for a few more hours to see if they would show any more action, but it was mostly jabbering in the studio by the hosts (I did enjoy seeing Laurie, though, she was the best part).

I want to see SPORTS, ACTION, not hear jibber-jabber and stupid joking around. I find it insulting, when I want to see the competitions. About a month ago I was binge-watching skating footage on YouTube from Lake Placid, Sarajevo, and Calgary Olympics. What a difference! I was amazed at how much pairs footage there was from Lake Placid, especially. Can you imagine if that competition happened now? It was interesting how Tai and Randy pulled out of the short program, but the coverage still went on. Now, that's all they would've been focusing on the rest of the evening, and to hell with the rest of the competitors.

mpal2

If anyone finds a feed that isn't NBC and can be watched in the US, let me know. Otherwise I'm done with the Olympics.

mpal2

How do you watch the primetime/live coverage on peacock. Whenever I try, I feel stupid.
It runs behind and you have an excessive amount of talking heads in a studio. Peacock feed is shit.

ETA: if you can't find the feed itself you have to go to the live channels instead of browse or sports. You would want to look for Tokyo Gold right now.

Last edited:

Tesla

Whippet Good
It runs behind and you have an excessive amount of talking heads in a studio. Peacock feed is shit.

ETA: if you can't find the feed itself you have to go to the live channels instead of browse or sports. You would want to look for Tokyo Gold right now.
Yeah, I'm extremely disappointed with Peacock.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Yeah, I'm extremely disappointed with Peacock.
Yup. Wish they made it easier for more organized people to find the stream. My great nephew, age 16, says it‘s more YouTube/TikTok structure where people click on one thing then get directed to related things. The NBC Sports app (cable required, unfortunately) is properly indexed and tagged so you can actually find things.

Spikefan

I truly thought Peacock would have more. Hook people during the Olympics and get more subscribers in the long run. Since they had a lot of skating last year I was feeling good about Beijing coverage but I would guess it will be the same as Tokyo. :(

Tesla

Whippet Good
I truly thought Peacock would have more. Hook people during the Olympics and get more subscribers in the long run. Since they had a lot of skating last year I was feeling good about Beijing coverage but I would guess it will be the same as Tokyo. :(
Me, too. NBC is too reliant on cable subscribers.

AJ Skatefan

We ditched cable a few months ago. We just got Hulu live to watch olympics and plan to cancel right after.

Susan1

I have Spectrum, and I have the Olympic Channel. Not just during the Olympics, either. Had to subscribe to the tier that includes it, though.
I had the Olympic channel in a tier for two years (AT&T) that just happened to coincide with the winter Olympics. Got to watch all live figure skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information