Save Women's Sport - the pearl clutching begins

PRlady

Right -- in both cases, it is unfair.
Actually I think you are saying that general agreement with an institution or principle doesn’t mean no exceptions can be made.

Stock raises the issue of self-IDed trans women in spaces where women are fearful of biological males, including domestic violence shelters. I think it’s a legitimate concern until and unless it is shown to be baseless, and I’m not sure how that’s done without allowing biological males into those spaces for some long, researchable period of time. So the question is, does the potential harm to biological females in a safe-space environment outweigh the exclusion of trans-women who might themselves need help?

This is just an example. I am unsure of the right answer but I don’t think Stock is Hitler for exploring the question.

PRlady

Literal-minded, much? No one compared trans women playing sport to child marriage. She have a list of issues and institutions like marriage and gun ownership which she supports but which require some limitations. And that is what one question is, should there be any limitations on trans women living as women such as, for example, playing sports.

Trillian

So you are comparing trans women on estrogen and low testosterone playing sports to child marriage. Nice.

Right -- in both cases, it is unfair.

Literal-minded, much? No one compared trans women playing sport to child marriage.

If you look at the two posts as quoted above yours, that’s a pretty straightforward exchange of “So you’re saying…” “Right, that’s what I’m saying.

I certainly hope there’s no one in this conversation who literally thinks trans women playing sports is equivalent to child marriage. But the comparison was made and then pretty unambiguously confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information