Russian Cup series & other domestic events

Sylvia

TBD
It has one of the coolest event names out there: 'South Breeze' :summer:

Entries/Results
Kanysheva/Pylin's 3rd place Junior RD from the livestream earlier today (thanks @Amy L): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfa1Wq7BsaQ

Top 3:
Ekaterina ANDREEVA / Ivan DESYATOV 61.41
Polina KOCHERYGINA / Evgeny ARTYUSHCHENKO 55.80
Alena KANYSHEVA / Andrey PYLIN 49.96

Livestream & archived event videos are here: https://bit.ly/3jrI8Ln

Senior Pairs SP results: https://fsrussia.ru/results/2021/yghny_briz_2020/SEG015.HTM
1 Karina AKOPOVA / Nikita RAKHMANIN 62.12
2 Anastasia BALABANOVA / Alexey SVYATCHENKO 61.50
3 Diana MUKHAMETZYANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV 52.65
4 Maria PAVLOVA / Ilya SPIRIDONOV 50.90
Protocols: https://fsrussia.ru/results/2021/yghny_briz_2020/aaeM_K_Scores.pdf

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Yabklokov is entered for 'MC' (senior) at RC 3.
Is he the first of the real junior world candidate trying to go senior? (no clue about Kovalev here)
Butsayeva, his coach, said that Yablokov is not in his best form, but will skate anyway.

hanca

Values her privacy
Yabklokov is entered for 'MC' (senior) at RC 3.
Is he the first of the real junior world candidate trying to go senior? (no clue about Kovalev here)

How can he qualify for junior worlds now when he can't skate junior nationals? :huh:

Where the hell are Samoilov and Sviridenko?
They keep posting and posting but are not showing up :drama:
I think he is counting on the fact that there is not that many decent Russian senior men. If he qualifies to senior nationals, he will also qualify to junior nationals. If you look at the results from last year, there were guys who in their qualifying co petitions scored only 207 and 215. He is better than that. I know it is about placements and not the scores, but as long as he manages to place in top six, he should be ok.

J

Jeschke

Well, pairs event was scored pretty low for an inner RUS event.

Ouch for Mukha/Mirkonov :( (((@Hanna))))
Stunning outfits (again!). Usually I am no fan of stagy/showy programs/couples but I just love them. They seemed pretty off somehow, still, the program could be awesome skated in great shape. The choreo in the steps is stunning! Beginning/end the same!

Nice for Akopova.
Balabanova is a star. Kolesov anyone? :shuffle::saint:
Nice to see Spiridonov back. With stunning 3lz the rest was a bit messy but still decen for first outing.

Last edited by a moderator:

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, pairs event was scored pretty low for an inner RUS event.
I don’t think it was the judges’ fault though. I don’t think the skaters deserved to be scored better.

Ouch for Mukha/Mirkonov :( (((@Hanna))))
Stunning outfits (again!). Usually I am no fan of stagy/showy programs/couples but I just love them. They seemed pretty off somehow, still, the program could be awesome skated in great shape. The choreo in the steps is stunning! Beginning/end the same!
It is exciting to see a pair landing flip and lutz, but if they can’t do it well, it can turn against them. There is no point attempting it when there would be fall on one of those and doubling the other one. Maybe temporarily changing to jumps that are easy for them would be a better solution. M/M are in a very vulnerable position. I know it is still beginning of the season, but the other Russian junior pairs on the team seem to be much better prepared at this stage and the nationals are only in two months. There are new junior pairs trying to get to the national team (Safina/Bakhmat, Kostiukovich/Briukhanov) as well as some of the other pairs that look promising and keep improving (Petushkova/Malikov, Kuzmina/Khvalko, Raskovalova/Butaev, Khabibulina/Kniazhuk). As the number of spots on the main team is limited, Mukhametzianova/Mironov could find themselves pushed off the team.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I can't believe, after all the apocalypse we've been through and all the competitions that got canceled and all the chopping and changing with schedules, we're STILL going to be juggling two competitions in one weekend. :rofl: Feels like old times.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I can't believe, after all the apocalypse we've been through and all the competitions that got canceled and all the chopping and changing with schedules, we're STILL going to be juggling two competitions in one weekend. :rofl: Feels like old times.
Going to enjoy the lack of sleep for likely the only time this season. :40beers:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Schedule

23 October
16:00-18:05 Rhythm Dance Junior
18:20-19:00 Rhythm Dance Senior
19:15-20:15 Men Short Program Senior

24 October
12:00-14:20 Free Dance Junior
14:50-16:20 Ladies Short Program Senior
16:35-17:20 Free Dance Senior
17:40-18:50 Men Free Skate Senior

25 October
12:15-14:45 Men Short Program Junior
15:00-15:45 Pairs Short Program Senior
16:15-18:00 Ladies Free Skate Senior
18:30-19:35 Pairs Short Program Junior

26 October
12:15-15:00 Men Free Skate Junior
15:15-16:15 Pairs Free Skate Senior
16:30-17:45 Pairs Free Skate Junior
18:00-20:30 Ladies Short Program Junior

27 October
11:00-13:45 Ladies Free Skate Junior

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Russian Cup Standing Senior Ice Dance (15 spots available)
bildschirmfoto-2020-10-24-um-17-31-04.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ka3sha

Russian Cup event #4 (Kazan, Russia)
Entries: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/4etap2021_participants_MS.pdf

Men:
1. Matey Gilev
2. Alexei Erokhov
3. Aleksandr Zubov
4. Makar Ignatov
5. Mark Kondratyuk
6. Andrei Mozalev
7. Daniil Murzin
8. Maxim Petrov
9. Roman Savosin
10. Leonid Sviridenko
11. Evgeny Semenenko
12. Ilia Yablokov

Ladies:
1. Stanislava Konstantinova
2. Aliona Kostornaia
3. Valeria Kostina
4. Valeria Larionova
5. Aleksandra Malakhova
6. Elizaveta Nugumanova
7. Victoria Pfeffer
8. Sofia Samodurova
9. Aleksandra Trusova
10. Maia Khrimykh
11. Ksenia Tsibinova
12. Valeria Shulskaya

Pairs (bloodbath :eek:, even if some teams withdraw)
1. Akopova/Rakhmanin
2. Al'hova/Bexborodko
3. Boikova/Kozlovski
4. Vasilieva/Volodin
5. Kadyrova/Balchenko
6. Mishina/Gallyamov
7. Pavlova/Spiridonov
8. Panfilova/Rylov
9. Pepeleva/Pleshkov
10. Solovieva/Ivanov
11. Tarasova/Morozov

Ice Dance:
1. Kirillova/Chegodaev
2. Lizunova/Vakhnov
3. Pavlenina/Aleksanyan
4. Skoptsova/Aleshin
5. Stepanova/Bukin
6. Tultseva/Belovodchenko
7. Shevchenko/Eremenko

Ka3sha

Looks like no Leonova, Gubanova, Sinitsina, or Sakhanovich
Sinitsina is recovering from an injury as per Rsport today's article. She is back on the ice, but it's too soon to speak about competitions.
I've heard that Sakhanovich has retired and joined one of the ice theaters in St Petersburg.
Gubanova mentioned on her Instagram that she has not retired and is training. Country change?

J

Jeschke

Looks like no Leonova, Gubanova, Sinitsina, or Sakhanovich
While we know Sinitsyna is injured, what happened to the others stays interesting. What about Gracheva?
Same in men for Petrov, Samoilov, Dimitriev, Zuber.

Are they retired or just show up suddenly for AZE, BLR, etc.?
:watch:

hanca

Values her privacy
Wow, I think this was a reason why the federation wanted to spread the top teams evenly among the events. Unfortunately because of the pandemic it didn’t work out that well, with the top three pairs being diagnosed. But I do feel sorry for pairs like Panfilova/Rylov or Pepeleva/Pleshkov, who could end up out of the nationals...

J

Jeschke

Actually P/P were amongst those 'lucky' pairs, having had kinda weak fields at their first event and alreday scored 14pts. If they now might lose against teams like V/V, A/R, S/I, they might just not belong to nationals this season.
If they are 'only' beaten by the expected ones their expected points should be enough.

Either way, not sure RUS fed might really ditch a member of the main team for nationals. Can't see them ditching P/R either.
RUS pairs is insane. And we discussed this all over. In current state, one more pairs group and one dance group less would make way more sense.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
So, without a bye, Sinitsina and Katasalapov are out of Nationals? Yeah right. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
And personally I really dislike seeing Medvedeva getting a bye, but yeah.
Not that my opinion would matter here :p

Hi. So are you guessing that Medvedeva will get a bye or did I miss an official announcement? I realize that she was in a hospital a couple of weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information