Rock the Rink 2019 (Virtue/Moir, Chan, Stojko, Osmond, Kostner, Abbott)

believed

Rock The Rink comes from the producers of the highly successful Thank You Canada tour. It’s an entertainment experience that highlights the world’s best figure skaters in an environment that appeals to all your senses. It’s an evening that takes you on a journey – at times, a nostalgic one. It will also have you singing and dancing the night away with your favourite figure skating superstars. By integrating live music along with cutting edge sound, lighting, video and special effects, Rock The Rink takes a step beyond what you’re used to and provides you with an unforgettable experience.

Cast: Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, Elvis Stojko, Kaetlyn Osmond, Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte, Carolina Kostner, Jeremy Abbott

Tour dates and locations in the link below:

http://rocktherink.com/

Sylvia

TBD
Dates for RTR span Saturday October 5 - November 23, 2019 and hopefully Cleveland on Sunday, November 10th won't be the only U.S. city since there are currently 6 TBA locations listed. I'm happy to see Jeremy Abbott is included. :)

Tessa & Scott are doing media for their tour today and tomorrow: https://twitter.com/tessavirtue/status/1115331082075947008

ETA:

https://twitter.com/rocktherinktour

https://www.instagram.com/rocktherinktour/

Copying out the initial list of 31 shows & 2019 tour dates:

Abbotsford, BC - Abbotsford Centre - Saturday October 5th
Penticton, BC - South Okanagen Events Centre - Sunday October 6th
Vancouver, BC - Thunderbird Arena - Monday October 7th
City Announced On May 16th - Tuesday October 8th
Red Deer, AB - Westerner Park Centrium - Thursday October 10th
Dawson Creek, BC - Encana Events Centre - Friday October 11th
Prince George, BC - CN Centre - Saturday October 12th
Grande Prairie, AB - Revolution Place - Sunday October 13th
Calgary, AB - Stampede Corral - Wednesday October 16th
Lethbridge, AB - ENMAX Centre - Thursday October 17th
Regina, SK - Brandt Centre - Friday October 18th
Medicine Hat, AB - Canalta Centre - Saturday October 19th
Brandon, MB - Keystone Centre - Sunday October 20th
City Announced On May 9th - Friday October 25th
City Announced On May 12th - Saturday October 26th
Sault Ste. Marie, ON - GFL Memorial Gardens - Tuesday October 29th
City Announced On May 6th - Wednesday October 30th
Sudbury, ON - Sudbury Arena - Friday November 1st
Kitchener, ON - Memorial Auditorium - Saturday November 2nd
Kingston, ON - Leon's Centre - Sunday November 3rd
Mississauga, ON - Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Wednesday November 6th
Ottawa, ON - TD Place - Thursday November 7th
St. Catharines, ON - Meridian Centre - Friday November 8th
Oshawa, ON - Tribute Communities Centre - Saturday November 9th
Cleveland, OH (USA) - Quicken Loans Arena - Sunday November 10th
Peterborough, ON - Peterborough Memorial Centre - Wednesday November 13th
City Announced On May 2nd - Thursday November 14th
Quebec City, QC - (venue TBA) - Friday November 15th
Moncton, NB - Avenir Centre - Saturday November 16th
City Announced On April 26th - Sunday November 17th
St. Johns, NL - Mile One Centre - Saturday November 23rd

Last edited:

Colonel Green

I was wondering if the projected American dates would mean a large number of US castmembers, but it appears they decided to import lots of Italians instead.

honey

Intersting no Duhamel/Radford. No pair team at all, actually. I was expecting a few more US skaters too; mostly Wagner. I wonder if more skaters will be added.

Colonel Green

Intersting no Duhamel/Radford. No pair team at all, actually. I was expecting a few more US skaters too; mostly Wagner. I wonder if more skaters will be added.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they have additional guest skaters for the American dates.

I suppose a rapprochement with Meryl and Charlie is too much to hope for.;) Wouldn’t be surprised to see Maia and Alex, though.

manhn

Vancouver! The travel on consecutive days seems worse than normal for a skating tour.

Eta: is there a pairs team skating professionally? Maybe S&M?

Colonel Green

Eta: is there a pairs team skating professionally? Maybe S&M?
Bruno doesn’t seem particularly keen on doing a lot of shows; he’s more about coaching now.

D/R seem to have become the default choice for pairs in show skating worldwide.

Sylvia

TBD
Virtue and Moir announce new rock-themed live tour: https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/virtue-and-moir-announce-new-rock-themed-live-tour-1.4371864
The five-time Olympic medallists, who have been skating together for two decades, stopped by CTV’s Your Morning on Tuesday, to exclusively announce the Rock The Rink tour, which promises to bring live rock performances to a traditional skating spectacle.
“We’re always thinking of new and entertaining ways to take a skating show to another level, because we want to bridge that gap and make it an all-round memorable experience,” Virtue said.
“Live music to us just hits the right chord. We’ve skated to live music in the past and it makes such a difference.
“It’s a different level of emotion and energy, the reciprocity you experience between skater and musician, it just changes the vibe.”
The tour promises the highest level of on-ice talent in an evolving production featuring live music from Toronto-based band Birds of Bellwoods.
“We’re going to throw a big party, we have some great Canadian skaters and we have some friends that we’re bringing in that aren’t Canadian this time, ” Moir told CTV’s Your Morning.
Video segment also is available to watch here: https://www.theloop.ca/tessa-and-scott-just-announced-a-brand-new-tour/

Last edited:

Princessroja

I am absolutely thrilled by this. Best news I've had all week. I'm moving to Cleveland in the summer already; how convenient that that happens to be the only (so far) US city they're performing in... I sure hope they add more US cities though. Cleveland is great, but it's odd that they're the only ones as they're hardly the most famous or biggest US city. Maybe because of the rock and roll tie-in with the museum there?

RoseRed

I’d assume they’re also trying to go to places not covered by US Stars on Ice.
Probably. Although they do have a few shows in Canadian SOI cities (Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa), they've mostly avoided them (Regina instead of Saskatoon, Brandon instead of Winnipeg, etc.).

RoseRed

Dates for RTR span Saturday October 5 - November 23, 2019 and hopefully Cleveland on Sunday, November 10th won't be the only U.S. city since there are currently 6 TBA locations listed. I'm happy to see Jeremy Abbott is included. :)

Tessa & Scott are doing media for their tour today and tomorrow: https://twitter.com/tessavirtue/status/1115331082075947008

ETA:

https://twitter.com/rocktherinktour

https://www.instagram.com/rocktherinktour/
I'm thinking the first TBA is likely an American city, given that they already have five each in Alberta and BC. Most of the other TBAs could be either Canadian or American, except that I'm pretty sure the last one will be another Eastern Canada show. And I suspect the one after Peterborough will be either London area or something near Montreal, but it could be a US city too.

puglover

I notice that Calgary date is in the Corral and not the Saddledome when CSOI is held. It is considerably smaller and more intimate.

skatfan

I guess Osmond is sitting out next season as well, given that she'd need to skate in the Grand Prix to be named to international championships. Weaver/Poje staying eligible for next season looks like. Sad about Duhamel and Radford not being able to make it work.

The Shibs haven't shown up on any eligible or show list for the fall, right?

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Not sure I’m thrilled about this being a rock- themed show... not the biggest fan of show numbers set to rock music

But Kostner’s gonna be there, so I’m SO going :cool:

kalamalka

I'm glad they're going to be in Vancouver this year - much less hassle to get to and much better wheelchair seating (although it's good for people in the Fraser Valley that Abbotsford is still on).
Also good to see more touring in NA, so I hope it goes well again this year.

Rafter

Really surprised no Duhamel and Radford. Maybe Meagan got tired of the Tessa show. :saint:

Osmond might as well announce her retirement.

Colonel Green

Most of the other TBAs could be either Canadian or American, except that I'm pretty sure the last one will be another Eastern Canada show.
With them being in Moncton the day before, I think realistically the only options are Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and I guess Maine.

PEI's leg of the TYCT ended up getting cancelled because of the weather, so I hope this is a belated makeup for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information