Really silly question-- P!nk and figure skating

Jayar

Did P!nk used to be a competitive figure skater? I know that she was a gymnast, but there was a skater in the late 90s who made the US Championships in figures named Alecia Moore. The age checks out... anyone know?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
IIRC she started performing as a singer in her early teens and was in musicals and choirs, so I doubt she would have had time to skate competitively as well.

jenniferlyon

Did P!nk used to be a competitive figure skater? I know that she was a gymnast, but there was a skater in the late 90s who made the US Championships in figures named Alecia Moore. The age checks out... anyone know?

I found this reference to the skating Alecia Moore from the 1998 U.S. Nationals:
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=1998 U.S. Figure Skating Championships

Before 1998, P!nk was performing with an all-girl band and they had a recording contract. Her first solo album came out in 2000. So the timeline doesn't leave much room for her to train or compete during those years.

Vagabond

Timelines, schtimelines! :blah:

It's a much better story if she was, in fact, the joint Bronze Medalist in Junior Figures at 1998 U.S. Nationals while performing and recording with an all-girl band.

It appears from Pink's Wikipedia page that the band may have broken up shortly after a Christmas party in 1997. What better way to clear your mind than by doing some compulsory figures?

Last edited:

jenniferlyon

Timelines, schtimelines! :blah:

It's a much better story if she was, in fact, the joint Bronze Medalist in Junior Figures at 1998 U.S. Nationals while performing and recording with an all-girl band.

It appears from Pink's Wikipedia page that the band may have broken up shortly after a Christmas party in 1997. What better way to clear your mind than by doing some compulsory figures?

I agree, that's a much better story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information