Racial Profiling & Related Matters (Non-Lethal Version)

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Well, I drove by where his mural (pictured) is and there were at least 100 people there and plenty of wreaths and flowers. It was just subdued. Lots of tears, including my own, even though I didn't get out (I figured it probably wasn't the best time for a wealthy appearing white guy to mingle with the crowd, which honestly is REALLY still dangerous over there). Thinking positively, he did not get the minimum, and the judge did add extra time due to the circumstances. I could comment on Chauvin's giving "condolences" to the Floyd family, but I don't want to turn the tone of this thread negative and nasty. I'll save that for the comment sections on RW sites.

ETA: Has FB prohibited any mention of the Chauvin sentencing? I just spent five minutes scrolling my feed, and there's nothing. And I am very politically involved and have FB friends that would absolutely have commented or given a link, or SOMETHING. It's odd. As for the RW sites, I can only just close my eyes and take a deep breath. I am sure many of these awful commenters claim to be Christian, but really, if they had Christ in their hearts they would not write all the things they did, even if they were trolling for outraged comments. Their comments are just the opposite of Christ's teachings.

Last edited:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
NY Times has an update in this pending case:
A California woman who falsely accused a teenager of stealing her phone and then attacked him at a New York City hotel was charged with a hate crime on Wednesday.

Miya Ponsetto, 22, pleaded not guilty to two counts of second-degree unlawful imprisonment as a hate crime, one count of second-degree aggravated harassment and one count of endangering the welfare of a child. She was arraigned in New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan over video call.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

A police chief in Ohio put a KKK sign on a black officer's coat. He was caught on camera.

Cause history isn't racist, but some police are. So was the KKK, needless to say.

And when this guy got caught, he did what they always do- says it was a joke.

Fortunately, he got fired.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Here is the sentence for a previously discussed case:
A white man was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison for attacking a Black teenager with a bike lock at a southeastern Michigan park because of his race.

A Detroit federal court judge also ordered 43-year-old Lee Mouat, of Newport, to serve three years of supervised release.

Mouat pleaded guilty in March to a federal hate crime after he was accused of striking Devin Freelon Jr. with a bike lock on June 6, 2020. Freelon was 18 at the time.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Aurora, CO, is where Elijah McClain was murdered by police, and where a family with small children was made to lie on the pavement because of a police snafu over a car that was not even their car.

This report was authorized by Aurora. As usual, a large amount of bad behavior was caused by a small amount of police officers.
The report cost $350,740.75 so far, and could cost $25k more.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
A Chicago officer (with numerous complaints, as well as a previous suspension and arrest for assault) apparently uses what would normally be a ticketing offense (on the beach after hours) to physically detain a young black woman:
The little dog worked hard to help her.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member

California Beachfront Property Taken From Black Couple Nearly 100 Years Returned to Descendants​

I've been following this and am so pleased to see justice done for the Bruce family. The land is worth approximately $75M now. Hopefully the family will figure out how to apportion and manage their new wealth. Good for them.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Jeezum Crow :angryfire:angryfire

A BLM protester who was walking to her car was tased 3 times by 2 police officers and falsely arrested. She sued the city (you can't sue the officers) and won the suit, based on the actions of one of the two officers.

Now the city has sued her for $57,000 for the attorney fees they spent on the officer who was not explicitly found at fault. There is a Missouri law that allows this because of course there is.

And here is Officer Stephen Ojungobi at it again in 2020, with a different partner:

Why is this cop still on the force??

Last edited:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

This is a horrible, horrible story. Judge Davenport, the Delores Uxbridge of Rutherford County, Tennessee, jails and puts children (mostly black children) as young as 8 in jail, and in solitary confinement, all the time, often for non crimes. She admits to having been upset to jail a 7 year old, but 8 and above are routine.

In this story, I see much of this county's activities are illegal, but adults in this story routinely get away with these crimes and misdeeds, all the while claiming children must go to jail to learn responsibility.

I have never more wanted to send someone to Azkaban than Judge Davenport.

But her county elects her, and has done so for 20 years :cry:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Fiero425

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

sk9tingfan

Statement by Judge Schroeder who is presiding over the Kyle Rittenhouse trial!!!!:yikes:

CYkDUKr0_normal.jpg

Kyung Lah

#RittenhouseTrial Judge Bruce Schroeder breaks for lunch referencing the food that was ordered saying, “I hope the Asian food isn’t coming.. isn’t on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor.” https://pic.twitter.com/UakvcxbSO1

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Can't happen. That would be double jeopardy
People have been tried multiple times before. They did that to some kid on death row.

But you can't ask for a do-over just because. There has to be a reason the trial is declared null and void. Like misconduct on the part of the jury. Or the prosecution withholding evidence. I don't think the judge making a bigotted joke about lunch counts.

skatingguy

Statement by Judge Schroeder who is presiding over the Kyle Rittenhouse trial!!!!:yikes:

CYkDUKr0_normal.jpg

Kyung Lah

#RittenhouseTrial Judge Bruce Schroeder breaks for lunch referencing the food that was ordered saying, “I hope the Asian food isn’t coming.. isn’t on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor.” https://pic.twitter.com/UakvcxbSO1
I'm not sure I understand the statement - it sounds like he's making a joke about the back log of ships waiting to be unloaded at Long Beach Harbour - what am I missing?

Sparks

ASIAN FOOD
His comment about the back log at Long Beach Harbour is a biased statement.
If it was only this one instance, I would roll my eyes and move on....but it's not

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information