Racial Profiling & Related Matters (Non-Lethal Version)

VGThuy

A Kevin filmed racially profiling his POC female neighbor and refusing to believe she lived in the neighborhood. Then he calls the cops on her:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Another harassed while biking incident, although in this one the man was charged with a third degree felony:
The Hillsborough State Attorney's Office says an early-morning stop of a young bicyclist appears to be a case of racial profiling. They've charged a man with false imprisonment.
When sheriff’s deputies arrived, the teen was hyperventilating, with his hands raised. He believed Santos had a gun because he kept his hand near his pocket, according to the State Attorney’s Office statement. The teen committed no crime. There also have been no reports of crimes in that neighborhood in the year 2020, the State Attorney’s Office statement said.
The state attorney’s office says to help comfort the victim deputies hooked his bike to the patrol car and gave him a ride to basketball practice so he wouldn't be late.

“I want to commend the sheriff’s deputies who responded to the scene. They calmed the situation down and comforted the victim. Then they took this vigilante to task for what he’d done and referred the case to our office for potential charges,” said Andrew Warren, Hillsborough State Attorney.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
He's talking ugly and he can't shut up:
A county official in Michigan is defending his use of the N-word — by repeatedly saying the slur, and insisting that it does not imply he is a racist. Leelanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle has been facing calls to resign since Tuesday, when he reportedly used one of the most taboo words in U.S. society to explain why he would not be wearing a face mask.

"Well, this whole thing is because of them n****** down in Detroit," Eckerle said, according to the Leelanau Enterprise.
"I can say anything I want," Eckerle reportedly replied. "Black Lives Matter has everything to do with taking the country away from us."
"No, I don't regret calling it an n*," Eckerle told IPR. "A n* is a n*** is a n***. That's not a person whatsoever."

IPR reports that the commissioner compared using the word to saying someone is German, or a "Polack," a derogatory term for people of Polish descent. "No, it is not racism," Eckerle said.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
LaTiffiany Carter started recording cell phone video when a Manchester police officer blocked their car in with his patrol cruiser.

“I knew that when he started to call for backup that I knew then that it just felt like it was out of our control,” said LaTiffiany Carter. “The officer took it upon himself to single us out, out of everybody else on the parking lot.”.

Marshall Carter said when he got out of the car the officer said he suspected them of shoplifting. That was a claim that baffled the family, because they said they had a receipt showing they spent nearly $300 in the store.
The store claims they didn't call the police, but if it turns out the officer is stopping people inappropriately while working with the shopping center management or stores, they still need to be accountable. The maskless police blocked their vehicle and called for back up to force them to prove their innocence because the young man had dreadlocks and a spare tire around his waist? They can add body shaming to the mix after they investigate how many overweight grandmas get stopped.

demetriosj

demetriosj

Are you trying to hijack three threads instead of posting your article in the applicable one? OK Boomer Becca. :lol:

Very funny. Just read the article, or more importantly, watch the video, instead of trying to deflect it.

Last edited:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Like I said previously in another thread, it doesn't go in this thread just like it didn't go in that one. There is a protest thread where it fits right in, so it's not like there isn't a readily available topic for discussion unlike other random ideas that come up.

BTW, I read the news and watched the video before you posted it the first time and have been very consistent over many years here that I don't support or deflect violence.

ballettmaus

Black newborns are 3 times more likely to not survive childbirth when cared for by white physicians. :wideeyes: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/18/heal..._content=2020-08-18T17:40:08&utm_source=twCNN

Black newborn babies in the United States are more likely to survive childbirth if they are cared for by Black doctors, but three times more likely to die when looked after by White doctors, a study has found.

The mortality rate of Black newborns shrunk by between 39% and 58% when Black physicians took charge of the birth, according to the research, which laid bare how shocking racial disparities in human health can affect even the first hours of a person's life.

By contrast, the mortality rate for White babies was largely unaffected by the doctor's race.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures

MacMadame

Staying at home
My company decided not to post anything on social media today because they felt it would be insensitive given what is going on these days. So I guess they are part of the sports boycott. :D

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
A Black staff member is suing Western Michigan University alleging a white coworker tied a noose and mocked lynching him at a diversity and inclusion meeting. Smith Moore, a Black man, claims that Mitchell Beare, a white man, came up behind him at a diversity and inclusion meeting and looped a rope in the shape of a noose behind him. Moore turned around and saw that Beare was moving to put the loop around his neck when other coworkers shouted at Beare to stop.
The lawsuit alleges that Beare, the assistant director of operations, had a history of discriminating against events hosted by student groups led by students of color. The lawsuit alleges Beare would categorize them as “problems” or high-risk events. Beare would instruct Moore, the director of event services and catering, to make sure “those groups” knew the rules. Beare would request that law enforcement be present at events led or attended by Black students. Beare would not put the same emphasis on risk when events were led by white students.
The discriminatory comments by Beare also included referring to Asian American students as “crazy Asians,” according to the lawsuit.
When asked to assist with events organized primarily by Black students Beare would state, “Not my circus, not my monkeys,” according to the lawsuit.
He declined to participate in diversity training. :rolleyes: The article sounds like he had been doing this for years, because it happened for so long he was able to retire with benefits once the investigation was resolved against him.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
I don't understand why they called the police rather than the management or former property owner or whoever can actually clear up the problem. What an unpleasant way to begin a new residency.

demetriosj

I don't understand why they called the police rather than the management or former property owner or whoever can actually clear up the problem. What an unpleasant way to begin a new residency.

I don't think they would let me or you in if we didn't have proof that we lived there. Not everything is based on race.

once_upon

I don't think they would let me or you in if we didn't have proof that we lived there. Not everything is based on race.
If I'm moving in, I expect the security to be notified. When we moved in here, everyone was notified. We didn't have to provide proof.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
But again, why doesn't security solve the problem with those who can solve the problem? That means the management or previous homeowner not the police. A new resident expects it to be handled properly. It's not a police matter if the new resident is upset because their company people didn't notify security and security needs to take care of it internally. It's very unprofessional.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Scandal unfolding at GWU in DC:
A George Washington University professor apologized in an essay Thursday for assuming “identities within a Blackness that I had no right to claim.”

Jessica Krug, a historian with a specialty in Africa and imperialism, said she had identified as North African, Black and Caribbean “when I had absolutely no right to do so — when doing so is the very epitome of violence, of thievery and appropriation,” she wrote on the website Medium.

MacMadame

Staying at home
This upsets me very much:

It's not just that they vandalized this art installation. It's that the police are not investigating it as a hate crime but when someone spray-painted "Native Land" on the local Mission, they investigated that as a hate crime. WTF? Can't they at least pretend they aren't on the side of fascism and oppression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information