Racial Profiling & Related Matters (Non-Lethal Version)

manhn

Tonight, my family is doing BLM chat via Zoom. My cousin in California and a niece in Seattle are setting it up. I am not sure how many of us will show up. I and my mom will be there. We hope not to say too much, as Canadians and also as older people. I would like my younger nieces and nephews to lead the discussion.

Well, it was a pretty small gathering. Usually, these family zoom meetings consists of 30+ people, but about only 7 showed up for the discussion. But my niece who has really become passionate about the cause said she has talked to her cousins one-on-one and told me that they are just as passionate, some even attending protests.

A cousin of mine said one of his sons went to the protests and registered to vote, as he just turned 18. That motivated my cousin to register to vote for the first time. I have to admit I was shocked when he told me he never voted before. Well, better late than never. My mom was the only elder at the zoom call. She just sat quietly knitting. I talked more than I was intending as there were fewer of us, but I'm also an opinionated Canadian.

But it was all for the best. Zoom with all of us can be so chaotic. We intend to do another one two weeks from now.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Ask them exactly what it means on the Black Lives Matter website, "What we Believe" page where BLM states they want to "disrupt the nuclear family..."

You must have gotten taken in by a bogus copy of their site?

Their goals:

BLM’s #WhatMatters2020 will focus on the following issues:

• Racial Injustice
  • Police Brutality
  • Criminal Justice Reform
  • Black Immigration
  • Economic Injustice
  • LGBTQIA+ and Human Rights
  • Environmental Conditions
  • Voting Rights & Suppression
  • Healthcare
  • Government Corruption
  • Education
  • Commonsense Gun Laws

nylynnr

You must have gotten taken in by a bogus copy of their site?
No, it is not bogus. There is more than one page.

The message in its totality is: "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." I'm not certain what this would entail in terms of laws and policies. It sounds very similar to H. Clinton's "It takes a village" slogan, or it might be endorsing the kibbutz. I think "disrupt" is a poor match for the benign nature of the rest of the sentence; maybe "expand" would be better.

VGThuy

Maybe disrupt isn't the best word, but if we truly parse the sentence, what they're disrupting is the "requirement" that all people must prescribe to a nuclear family structure, not so much the nuclear family in of itself.

tony

This one is pretty wild.

nylynnr

This one is pretty wild.
Actually, it seems to be one of the tamer videos.

Let's examine. We don't know what went on before the brief video; it's possible the man and woman had a nasty exchange. It's possible she is racist. It's also possible she, like many older people, learned how to drive and navigate insurance by reporting every accident to the police -- my dad was an insurance executive, and that's what he told me to do, although I never did it. She shows him her ID. She keeps a respectful distance. She denies that his ethnicity has anything to do with her call.

From my viewpoint, it isn't clear this is a racist incident. She is tightly wound, he is passive aggressive and taking a video. Remember, Tony, a woman in her 60s or 70s wasn't young when this smartphone age began. She may not be used to a stranger filming her. She may have health problems.

What's most telling are the comments on this instagram -- many (not all) of them run to, "Take your meds, Granny" "The best thing these boomers can do is die" "These white women are the biggest problem in the U.S." etc.

Seems the pejorative "Karen" is being applied to almost any white woman in a bad situation with a person of color. Often it's warranted. Sometimes, other things may be at play. Middle-aged and older women are a very easy group to mock, and folks are having a lot of fun with the meme, but is it helping?

tony

Actually, it seems to be one of the tamer videos.

Let's examine. We don't know what went on before the brief video; it's possible the man and woman had a nasty exchange. It's possible she is racist. It's also possible she, like many older people, learned how to drive and navigate insurance by reporting every accident to the police -- my dad was an insurance executive, and that's what he told me to do, although I never did it. She shows him her ID. She keeps a respectful distance. She denies that his ethnicity has anything to do with her call.

From my viewpoint, it isn't clear this is a racist incident. She is tightly wound, he is passive aggressive and taking a video. Remember, Tony, a woman in her 60s or 70s wasn't young when this smartphone age began. She may not be used to a stranger filming her. She may have health problems.

What's most telling are the comments on this instagram -- many (not all) of them run to, "Take your meds, Granny" "The best thing these boomers can do is die" "These white women are the biggest problem in the U.S." etc.

Seems the pejorative "Karen" is being applied to almost any white woman in a bad situation with a person of color. Often it's warranted. Sometimes, other things may be at play. Middle-aged and older women are a very easy group to mock, and folks are having a lot of fun with the meme, but is it helping?

With all the respect in the world, are we seeing the same video?

He asked repeatedly for her ID and insurance and she doesn't do anything at first except for whatever reason take forever to call the police when it actually looks like she's recording him in the beginning, too. Please note her demeanor before she gets on the phone, too. She's calm and saying that's just what she has to do-- call 911 before she presents insurance. Okay, fair enough if that's what you think you have to do. But.......

She then, while on the phone with the police, points the phone towards him to try to suggest he's threatening her, and even says 'there you go' to the officer when he didn't do anything or even raise his voice - that's the biggest :shuffle: for me about the whole thing. What do you think she was trying to claim with that? She's only then starting to get hysterical and acting like the threat level was raised because she's now on the phone with the police.

If she were just calling the police to report the accident- why didn't she do just that? And I'm sorry, but she knows he is recording her in the beginning. She's not starting up the hysterics suddenly from that, regardless of her age and whether she's with the technology age.

She then screams about how she's going to give him the insurance and finally shows ID - which he's repeatedly asked for, only at the end of the video to say that she doesn't have her insurance with her. She knew that from the beginning.

If he hadn't recorded anything and she would've been calm for the whole first part, only to get on the phone with the police and tell them he's threatening her and that she's afraid-- who knows what would have happened? Think about that. She may not be racist and we could argue that it had nothing to do with his skin color, but then does she just feel all men are threatening and have the right to go into hysterics for no reason at all?

I'm going to avoid answering the last part in this thread because we have a thread for it specifically on the name/use.

Last edited:

VGThuy

"Middle-aged and older women are a very easy group to mock" - They're not the only ones. That was just life for many other people.

Anyway, whether or not it's helping, well, we're finally talking about it. Before, it was treated as an individual, one-off sort of thing and the idea that this was a part of a historic trend was easily dismissed. It was just those women who were bad, not all women! Well, it seems like there are deeper-seated problems and that whole meme helped people understand that.

nylynnr

Tony -- we will have to disagree on this. Your interpretation may be entirely correct; in my view, I am not ready to attribute the woman's motives as racist, based on the tape. I certainly don't agree that she calibrated her response and grew more "hysterical" as the (brief) tape wound on. This doesn't impress me as being a planned response on her part.

VGthuy -- my post was concerned specifically with older women. In no way am I equating or comparing to other groups. I was responding to a post re: a "Karens Gone Wild" instagram. (I do think there is some thread overlap -- neither of you address the divisive and at times truly shocking comments on this instagram; I respect that, but I post relatively sparingly, so I'm not going to copy over on another thread.)

Racism is tragically widespread and white people need to be better. But one reason these videos involve white women, and not men, is that it is safer from a physical standpoint to film and engage with a "Karen," than it would be to many men.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Racism is tragically widespread and white people need to be better. But one reason these videos involve white women, and not men, is that it is safer from a physical standpoint to film and engage with a "Karen," than it would be to many men.
"These videos" involve racist white women, racist white men, racist POCs, and pretty much every other demographic you can imagine asserting racist entitlement. "Karen" (a term I don't like or use as a slur) may have gone viral, but it's absolutely not true that the great majority of videos or views going on are of white women or older white women.

Why don't you prove WHY it's "safer from a physical standpoint" to film a woman? This is example #300,000 of someone making a complete assertion in a thread where people like VGThuy and Tony are making logical, analytical, well-explained arguments. Frankly, IMO it is insulting to them to be put in a position where they are supposed to engage with non-arguments.

The Christian Cooper incident is a perfect example of why it is most certainly not safe for Black men to interact with racist white women. Now, someone might say a white man might be stronger or more intimidating or more likely to attack Christian than Amy Cooper was, but I would emphasize the word "might." What if Amy Cooper had a gun or other weapon? What is she was actually physically stronger and/or more aggressive? What if she knew the police would be likely to act violently on her behalf?* What if she knew Christian was less likely to stand up to her because she's not a man? Again, there is clear and extensive research showing that for years white women in America A)have been willing to break rules and think they can get away with it and B)a physical manifestation of the racist trope of black men being an existential threat to white femininity via sexual violence.

These discussions are complicated and nuanced, and that's why I think FSU is a terrible venue for them (and acknowledge my own hypocrisy as a result), but I am posting anyway because I'm still irritated that so many here are focusing on the alleged harm to white women given the big picture.

*Oh wait! She did know this. Let's maybe acknowledge that aspect of the power dynamics going on in racist incidents that involve authority figures, okay?

tony

Tony -- we will have to disagree on this. Your interpretation may be entirely correct; in my view, I am not ready to attribute the woman's motives as racist, based on the tape. I certainly don't agree that she calibrated her response and grew more "hysterical" as the (brief) tape wound on. This doesn't impress me as being a planned response on her part.

How can you say she doesn't grow more hysterical when in the beginning she says she has to call 911 and then once on the phone she starts screaming at him and telling the person on the line that he's threatening? That is pretty much growing more hysterical in my book. :lol:

(I do think there is some thread overlap -- neither of you address the divisive and at times truly shocking comments on this instagram; I respect that, but I post relatively sparingly, so I'm not going to copy over on another thread.)

I see comments everywhere about every type of person. Why is this suddenly an 'OMG people actually say awful things' like it's never happened before because it's pertaining to people actually behaving in certain ways? I'm not saying it's ever right, but it's not the point of the video being circulated.

For someone who did their homework to seek out a few comments on this particular post, why don't you check the most recent post on that very page (older man) or the very next actual video post following this one - which involves a gay man shouting slurs and then attacking the person recording? This is not a women only thing.

And to add to that- please check the gay man video comments if we are going to address comments- you have plenty of other gay men/LGBTQ stating that they will not put up with this behavior as a community, and you also have people that feel the need to call him slurs based on the fact that he's gay. Should the entire gay community fixate and melt down over that? No! They are fixating on his actions.

Last edited:

nylynnr

"These videos" involve racist white women, racist white men, racist POCs, and pretty much every other demographic you can imagine asserting racist entitlement. "Karen" (a term I don't like or use as a slur) may have gone viral, but it's absolutely not true that the great majority of videos or views going on are of white women or older white women.

Why don't you prove WHY it's "safer from a physical standpoint" to film a woman? This is example #300,000 of someone making a complete assertion in a thread where people like VGThuy and Tony are making logical, analytical, well-explained arguments. Frankly, IMO it is insulting to them to be put in a position where they are supposed to engage with non-arguments.

The Christian Cooper incident is a perfect example of why it is most certainly not safe for Black men to interact with racist white women. Now, someone might say a white man might be stronger or more intimidating or more likely to attack Christian than Amy Cooper was, but I would emphasize the word "might." What if Amy Cooper had a gun or other weapon? What is she was actually physically stronger and/or more aggressive? What if she knew the police would be likely to act violently on her behalf?* What if she knew Christian was less likely to stand up to her because she's not a man? Again, there is clear and extensive research showing that for years white women in America A)have been willing to break rules and think they can get away with it and B)a physical manifestation of the racist trope of black men being an existential threat to white femininity via sexual violence.

These discussions are complicated and nuanced, and that's why I think FSU is a terrible venue for them (and acknowledge my own hypocrisy as a result), but I am posting anyway because I'm still irritated that so many here are focusing on the alleged harm to white women given the big picture.

*Oh wait! She did know this. Let's maybe acknowledge that aspect of the power dynamics going on in racist incidents that involve authority figures, okay?
I was responding to a video -- by the quotes, I see you think I'm using the wrong term -- from a very specific instagram account, one that Tony has drawn from several times. Part of my point is, not every video produced by this account equates to the Amy Cooper incident.

I in no way meant to insult either Tony or VGthuy, nor do I think I did. Your post is a bit aggressive relative to the opinions I was trying to express. And, quite frankly, I don't need to link to research studies to say it is physically safer for a man to engage and film an elderly woman like the one in the video, than an able-bodied man.

nylynnr

I see comments everywhere about every type of person. Why is this suddenly an 'OMG people actually say awful things' like it's never happened before because it's pertaining to people actually behaving in certain ways? I'm not saying it's ever right, but it's not the point of the video being circulated.
Because some of this venom is new to me, although I'm far from sheltered. I am unsettled by it. It's pronounced hatred of women, as well as generational in nature -- "Kill off the boomers." I don't like it. Maybe I am a snowflake after all.

tony

Because some of this venom is new to me, although I'm far from sheltered. I am unsettled by it. It's pronounced hatred of women, as well as generational in nature -- "Kill off the boomers." I don't like it. Maybe I am a snowflake after all.

I hear you, and I think we are having a (calm) discussion about this, but I still don't quite get your argument that I'm drawing from an account that, in your opinion, is all about hatred of women. Did you check the last part of my reply to you? This is pretty equal opportunity and it's there for everyone to see.

In regards to the gay racist video, I have a legitimate question. What would you think if I came here and said 'OMG people are calling him gay slurs. How dare they! They are lumping all the gays together with posting that video!' rather than addressing his actions?

Comments sections aren't ever going away. People are trolls and hateful all the time. But take a look at the comments of the other videos and please tell me how it's all focused just on the women. :confused:

nylynnr

I hear you, and I think we are having a (calm) discussion about this, but I still don't quite get your argument that I'm drawing from an account that, in your opinion, is all about hatred of women. Did you check the last part of my reply to you? This is pretty equal opportunity and it's there for everyone to see.

In regards to the gay racist video, I have a legitimate question. What would you think if I came here and said 'OMG people are calling him gay slurs. How dare they! They are lumping all the gays together with posting that video!' rather than addressing his actions?

Comments sections aren't ever going away. People are trolls and hateful all the time. But take a look at the comments of the other videos and please tell me how it's all focused just on the women.

Number one, the account is Karens Gone Wild. To me, that means it focuses on people assigned female at birth. I have perused it and the majority of videos -- and if I should use another term, tell me -- are about transgressions from women. Certainly, we are all capable of racist acts and statements, but the prevailing publicity centers on transgressions of white women.

Second, you are putting words in my mouth, or on my fingertips as the case may be. I did not say the account was all about hatred of women. (Reading your other posts, Tony, I've noticed that's a technique you use frequently. It's a good debate tactic, so hat's off.) IMO -- and I'll get some disagreement here -- it is partially about hatred/dislike for women, while also seeking to expose prejudice and macro- and micro-aggressions. It is also about making some money and raising the profile of its owner, who identifies his job social influencer.

Third, I did address the woman's actions. I wrote that, again IMO, I could not label her response as racist, based on the video. To spell it out, I think she was nervous, old, a bit scared, overly upset, and appeared under the influence of medication. I am not convinced she held hatred for Mexican men. She could simply be an older woman who had a bad day; or, she could be racist.

Finally, I clearly did not state the comments focused only on women. I reacted to comments hating on women, and also to comments espousing violence and death to boomers. And you are right; perhaps I should be oblivious to comment sections by now. But after all, boomers comprise African-Americans, gay people, Asian people, trans people, etc., so the comments I reacted to cover a lot of ground.

tony

Number one, the account is Karens Gone Wild. To me, that means it focuses on people assigned female at birth. I have perused it and the majority of videos -- and if I should use another term, tell me -- are about transgressions from women. Certainly, we are all capable of racist acts and statements, but the prevailing publicity centers on transgressions of white women.

But a simple browse shows that this is not an account trying to call out the women every single time. It's calling out actions in general and here we are only focused on the woman, and I'll address the potential excuses you give her a bit further down. I've posted videos of men being called Karen/Ken/whatever and it gets next to no traction here. That tells me that people are only focused on discussing when it comes to certain components.

Second, you are putting words in my mouth, or on my fingertips as the case may be. I did not say the account was all about hatred of women. (Reading your other posts, Tony, I've noticed that's a technique you use frequently. It's a good debate tactic, so hat's off.) IMO -- and I'll get some disagreement here -- it is partially about hatred/dislike for women, while also seeking to expose prejudice and macro- and micro-aggressions.

First of all, you said this:

The reason why I replied that you need to look more is because you literally stated that the videos on the same page we are both looking at involve white women and not men. That is NOT true. Call it a debate tactic if you want, but that's putting words at my fingertips. I'm replying directly to what you claimed this was about.

Third, I did address the woman's actions. I wrote that, again IMO, I could not label her response as racist, based on the video. To spell it out, I think she was nervous, old, a bit scared, overly upset, and appeared under the influence of medication. I am not convinced she held hatred for Mexican men. She could simply be an older woman who had a bad day; or, she could be racist.

I said in the very first reply to you. We can overlook the racism angle. But does this give her a right to start raising her voice and throwing a tantrum only after she's on the phone with police and claiming that he's threatening her? She's inducing panic in an attempt to get the police on her side. And you're skipping over the part where she holds the phone at him, he does nothing, and she tries to use that as her basis for her claims. Medication does that to a person? Alright.

Using arguments that she might be 'nervous' and 'old' are trivial. We both saw the same video. We both saw her demeanor change once she was on the phone with police. I won't keep talking in circles about it, but it seems you don't think so even though she's screaming at him about giving him her ID which he calmly asked for several times before she was on the phone.

And I'm going to ask again: let's talk about the gay racist sitting in his car throwing a tantrum about traffic being stopped. What would your reaction be (or anyone else here) if someone posted the video to discuss and I literally gave all these reasons about how he's had a hard life being gay or he must have been medicated or had a bad day? Or that gay men should be exempt from being talked about because they are sooo oppressed?

nylynnr

And I'm going to ask again: let's talk about the gay racist sitting in his car throwing a tantrum about traffic being stopped. What would your reaction be (or anyone else here) if someone posted the video to discuss and I literally gave all these reasons about how he's had a hard life being gay or he must have been medicated or had a bad day? Or that gay men should be exempt from being talked about because they are sooo oppressed?
Well, we are going in circles. Of course we saw the same video. We interpreted it differently, in that to me, there is not enough evidence that she is a racist as opposed to a woman reacting badly to being filmed.

You are making huge leaps here. Never did I say or intimate that middle-aged and older women should be exempt from "being talked about" because they are "sooo" oppressed. And frankly, your veering into sarcasm ("sooo") mars what has been an okay conversation.

As to the video of the gay guy, I don't think I have to watch every video on the site, to comment on a video you curated and posted, because it was "pretty wild." But yes, I think gay guys can be just as flawed as everyone else; and when they are, they should be called out. Thankfully, in 2020 I don't think memes mocking them, with a pejorative name assigned, would be as widely accepted in the mainstream as the Karen meme.

tony

Well, we are going in circles. Of course we saw the same video. We interpreted it differently, in that to me, there is not enough evidence that she is a racist as opposed to a woman reacting badly to being filmed.

Reacting badly to being filmed would not be the claim that he’s threatening her. Period. If that was her deal then why was this not her attitude when the police were not on the phone? There’s a reason laws are being passed that deal with this type of thing. She very clearly exhibits in the video that she’s trying to come up with evidence of being in danger (1:50 if you want a timestamp), even though the ‘evidence’ is nothing but she still hopes the police will start to side with her.

You are making huge leaps here. Never did I say or intimate that middle-aged and older women should be exempt from "being talked about" because they are "sooo" oppressed. And frankly, your veering into sarcasm ("sooo") mars what has been an okay conversation.

Because every time we get into this (not me and you specifically), it’s the ‘women only’ thing and I quoted exactly where you said that. I can’t help that when I post the men being wild that it gets no traction. Your argument is that it’s only women being recorded because of people being afraid of men, but then you say (first sentence):

As to the video of the gay guy, I don't think I have to watch every video on the site, to comment on a video you curated and posted, because it was "pretty wild." But yes, I think gay guys can be just as flawed as everyone else; and when they are, they should be called out. Thankfully, in 2020 I don't think memes mocking them, with a pejorative name assigned, would be as widely accepted in the mainstream as the Karen meme.

Two things- the point of mentioning it was for you or anyone else to check the comments, which are overwhelmingly the LGBTQ community saying they don’t tolerate that behavior from their own community. They are NOT saying ‘we don’t know the full story’ ‘maybe hes medicated’ ‘maybe he had a bad day’ or whatever else. Now, I’ve said twice that we can take out the racism angle with the video we are discussing. I’m still asking how any of your suggested excuses are enough for us to look past the behavior of calling police and only then trying to incite panic?

Last edited:

nylynnr

Two things- the point of mentioning it was for you or anyone else to check the comments, which are overwhelmingly the LGBTQ community saying they don’t tolerate that behavior from their own community. They are NOT saying ‘we don’t know the full story’ ‘maybe hes medicated’ ‘maybe he had a bad day’ or whatever else.
Okay, I am replying to this specific video of the young gay man. His behavior is far more easily identified as racist. He repeatedly uses the worst slur. He threatens violence. It is in no way comparable to the video of the old woman, that we disagree about. It is criminal behavior.

tony

Okay, I am replying to this specific video of the young gay man. His behavior is far more easily identified as racist. He repeatedly uses the worst slur. He threatens violence. It is in no way comparable to the video of the old woman, that we disagree about. It is criminal behavior.

And my very next line was to take out the racist angle if you so wanted, which you did and we can go with that.

I find it criminal behavior to try to get a police officer to believe that one is in danger because she simply knows A) she doesn't have her insurance on her or B) the more likely case: she doesn't have valid insurance. There is no 'well you interpreted the video different' argument here. She says she doesn't have it at the end. You think she really just realized it? No.

She tried to heighten the severity of the situation to get police there-- why is that? Why did she decide to lie and say he was threatening her when we can both see he's not? Why did she start screaming only after she got on the phone? She says from the beginning that she's not calling because of him specifically, but then casually mentions the accident itself once she's on the phone.

You say it's hypothetically because of A, B, and C. I say it's because she knows she's in the wrong (she knows she doesn't have insurance info available) and is desperately trying to find a way to flip it on the man or get the police to take her side. This is a huge issue.

If he hadn't recorded the incident, I guarantee she could've put a 10 second clip up of him waiting for her and said 'OMG I had to call the police! He was so threatening and scary!' and some of the internet would've been quick to believe her narrative. Or even better, maybe she flies into hysterics while on the phone with police and they do believe her. Then what?

So why are we wondering if she had a bad day or if she's medicated? Are we also to believe that she is threatened by and scared of all men?

demetriosj

She then screams about how she's going to give him the insurance and finally shows ID - which he's repeatedly asked for, only at the end of the video to say that she doesn't have her insurance with her. She knew that from the beginning.

This is a crazy lady who realizes she has been caught without insurance. But this does not make her a racist. This guy can go on and on about "injustice" etc. but he was being passive aggressive and looking for racism that just wasn't there.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
The cars are parked not stopped on a road, so I'm not sure whether this happened in the parking lot. But if so, people where I live are not even supposed to be calling 911 or the police in such a situation. They are supposed to act responsibly and exchange information on their own. She is not acting responsibly if she hit his mirror and then escalates the situation about everything and anything except the fact that she visibly damaged his car.

tony

This is a crazy lady who realizes she has been caught without insurance. But this does not make her a racist. This guy can go on and on about "injustice" etc. but he was being passive aggressive and looking for racism that just wasn't there.

Quite possibly that’s it. But still- why is she trying to use this tactic of getting the police on her side over someone else, who happens to be a man (and happens to be a minority), trying to throw on the hysterics of being in danger? Would she do it if it were another woman? A ‘less-threatening’ man?

tony

Here’s another one. I’m bothered by how she talks over the person who lives there repeatedly and then even questions the person ON THE INTERCOM about where they live. Also, her word choices. It’s not anything to do with race but then she flat-out says it is.

Also, you’ll see the talking down to different generations here is alive and well here- it’s not only the opposite way :)

Finally, notice when she realizes she’s on camera? This is why it needs to be documented.

‘I’m asking you to get out of my building because you don’t live here’ 🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:

VGThuy

Here’s a doozy:

A Serbian chef in Dallas cooking fancy and white versions of Vietnamese food basically harassed, stalked, and threatened to sue a Vietnamese woman after she corrected his spelling of a Vietnamese sandwich.

When Tiffany Tran, owner of SneakerBaby Macarons, pointed out the mistake and provided the correct spelling, Krstic allegedly snapped at her, replying “I mess it up always.” According to NextShark, after Tran jokingly wrote that the typo had hurt her eyes, things took a turn.

The chef purportedly decided to continue the back-and-forth via private text messages, threatening Tran, a fan of Mot Hai Ba, with a permanent ban from the restaurant and a lawsuit. Tran told Eater Dallas

In those messages, Krstic, who felt he was being publicly shamed, reportedly told Tran, “You calling me out for a writing mistake like this is wrong on many levels.” He also oddly claimed that, in addition to feeling “very insulted,” he felt “racially profiled.”

Tran said the chef then went on to contact her boyfriend, who had previously worked with Krstic on several events. Krstic allegedly told Tran’s boyfriend that his “girl had gone too far.”

This has a lot of issues. The fusion cuisine which I have trouble grasping how I feel about it, the man getting insulted by that little comment (not even a criticism) probably stemming from insecurity even though he’s like a celebrated chef, him turning the whole thing around and accusing the Vietnamese person who simply corrected his spelling of a Vietnamese dish as some sort of racist act and how he turned the whole thing around to make it seem like he was being profiled, and then his stalking and harassing her and contacting real people.

MacMadame

Staying at home
This has a lot of issues. The fusion cuisine which I have trouble grasping how I feel about it, the man getting insulted by that little comment (not even a criticism) probably stemming from insecurity even though he’s like a celebrated chef, him turning the whole thing around and accusing the Vietnamese person who simply corrected his spelling of a Vietnamese dish as some sort of racist act and how he turned the whole thing around to make it seem like he was being profiled, and then his stalking and harassing her and contacting real people.
Don't forget the misogyny of trying to get her boyfriend to keep her in line.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
The U.S. Postal Service condemned the actions of a white customer who was filmed shouting slurs at an Asian American employee at a California post office.

On Thursday, an unidentified woman was seen arguing with the employee at the booth inside the post office on Main Street in Los Altos, according to footage recorded and shared online by Tyler Brumfield who was on line. The woman is seen in the video screaming at the Asian American employee, "Can you just do your job? It's simple," and using an epithet under her breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information