Racial Profiling & Related Matters (Non-Lethal Version)

Tony Wheeler

Kevin’s road rage this time:

This page is full of disturbing behavior, some from the last few days that I hadn’t seen.

This nurse diagnosing plenty more about George Floyd:

Last edited:

Tony Wheeler

This one is from my home state. The way they treat her is disgusting. Good for her for being a voice of one.

skatfan

Kevin’s road rage this time:

This page is full of disturbing behavior, some from the last few days that I hadn’t seen.

This nurse diagnosing plenty more about George Floyd:

She was fired the next day. One less racist in health care for now.

Tony Wheeler

I just don't get how people can't behave themselves knowing they will be filmed and could lose their jobs these days.
I can’t read their minds, but I think a huge part of it comes from them getting away with it so many other times that it’s just natural habit now to attack someone for something like their skin color or their accent— for the smallest of reasons if any at all. And that’s why I have absolutely 0 issues with the people being filmed, because as you can see on that page, a lot of the initial conflict isn’t caught on camera, but all of them have no problem doubling down or getting even worse in their rants.

For me, it’s not about any of them feeling threatened that the black guy might be a rapist or the middle eastern guys may be terrorists or that anyone is here as an illegal immigrant. It’s the automatic feeling by these white people that they are simple better and more powerful because they are white, and that’s why they so easily let out these words and aggressions. ‘This is my city’ ‘Get out of here’ ‘No one wants you here’ ‘Speak English’ etc. on top of the more choice words.

Some of them who have been fired go on to say that they ‘can’t believe’ they acted like that once they saw the video. Sure. They just can’t believe the video actually got published showing how they likely behave.

No matter how mad I get at someone, there are definitely certain words or phrases that are NEVER coming out of my mouth, and they never have before. If they are coming out that easily for the smallest of triggers with these offenders, I’m sure the words are somewhat commonplace in their vocabularies, on top of being full of hate.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
The woman who was awakened at 3am by the new neighbors moving in and the Southern sounding guy who was cut off in traffic show what happens when a person is stupid enough to leave the n word in their vocabulary just for the case when you are angry at black people and think they are bad people.

They both subscribe to the weird proposition that good black people are black people and bad black people are n*******.

Some Southern relatives of mine (who have since unfriended me on Facebook) had this idea. I told them, " Why do you need a special name for bad people? Do you call bad white people, of which we have several in our family, whiggers? Call them all bad people, because that is what they are."

If the woman awakened at 3am had called the new neighbors inconsiderate bastardz instead of the n word, would she have been pilloried as a Karen on Facebook? I think not. If she could have kept her racism to herself, while you might not feel that way, some might have sympathy for her anger. I think those new neighbors were very inconsiderate.

Likewise, the racist, sexist dude who was cut off in traffic: if he told the black driver that he was a fool who endangered the lives of everyone on the road, including his own passengers, not to mention his own self, would we be watching this video as an example of racism?

Both these people could have called the cops and didn't.

Racists should think these things through.

Lemonade20

I just don't get how people can't behave themselves knowing they will be filmed and could lose their jobs these days.
That’s what is so scary. People get so riled up, they don’t realize the consequences of what this would lead to. It feels good to blow up and let it all out, but directed at other people is always a bad idea. Take a chill pill, walk it off, deep breaths.

demetriosj

and I think that is the exact intention of some of these "filmers". Taunt until you get a reaction, then dox and hope they get fired. Employers are so afraid nowadays of being deemed racist by BLM etc, their kneejerk reaction is to fire people without a second thought.

VGThuy

It's not normal to meet taunts with racial slurs - unless it's normal to you and you think it's fine. I doubt you watched any of the videos and are just going by what you want to believe is the reality of these situations. Tell me, when you lose your temper, do you just throw out the word "n*****"? Me seeing that word spelled out or even with asterisks has a huge impact. Hearing it said freely and knowingly by these people shows they knew exactly what they were doing and it was their intention to throw out the racial slur because they meant it.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
and I think that is the exact intention of some of these "filmers". Taunt until you get a reaction, then dox and hope they get fired. Employers are so afraid nowadays of being deemed racist by BLM etc, their kneejerk reaction is to fire people without a second thought.
But why has it got the point that people feel the need to do that? There has to be a problem in the first place. If the only justice a person can get for being killed by police is it coming out on video because you cannot get a conviction otherwise, then that is a serious problem. Little wonder it happens. And there is the filming by police cameras themselves where you see black people being harassed for doing nothing. Why should anyone have to explain that they live in a building because they are black? There would be a certain percentage that are a problem but many are genuine cases of racism and discrimination. It is like people buy a dashcam because there are so many people out there who would do the wrong thing when it comes to a vehicle accident.

There is a reason why you should also never slag off your employer on the social media because you could lose your job, hence why many companies have policies around it. This is the next step.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
It's not normal to meet taunts with racial slurs - unless it's normal to you and you think it's fine. I doubt you watched any of the videos and are just going by what you want to believe is the reality of these situations. Tell me, when you lose your temper, do you just throw out the word "n*****"? Me seeing that word spelled out or even with asterisks has a huge impact. Hearing it said freely and knowingly by these people shows they knew exactly what they were doing and it was their intention to throw out the racial slur because they meant it.
Absolutely. It is the old "I am a not racist but ....." line. You are going to say something racist or discriminatory.

demetriosj

I watched the videos and it makes me shake my head to see just how plain dumb these people can be to allow themselves to be taunted, pushed, and bullied into saying idiotic things, when it's so obvious that these filmers are trying to get a rise out of them in order to post another video.

Tony Wheeler

I watched the videos and it makes me shake my head to see just how plain dumb these people can be to allow themselves to be taunted, pushed, and bullied into saying idiotic things, when it's so obvious that these filmers are trying to get a rise out of them in order to post another video.
You mean when they repeat the things they’ve already said when the camera is on? No shock that you think random people are being approached and pushed to say things out of left field for the sake of a video.

VGThuy

And funny how they oblige so easily, even when those "filmers" do the bare minimum to get them to act in egregiously racist ways - like simply existing. I guess for you that's normal, which is actually the point - that racism is so pervasive and everyone falls into it so casually that it's a part of their normal behavior. Usually people make excuses for "small r" racism and debate whether that's racist at all as a form of gaslighting and sea lioning. However, it's refreshing to see someone like you who is unabashedly defending "big R" racism and overt and explicit racist behavior. At least you're being real - or would be if you just accept what you are.

VGThuy

Yes, all selectively picked knowing that the n-word is highly likely to immediately come out of their mouths.

Maybe that’s how you would react.
Yeah, it's it crazy how they can find so many people who would do that? It's as if racism is so ingrained and normalized that the white people on film fall back into racist language and behavior by default.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
I think it was Kellyanne Conway who defended some GOP person (Trump?) who had said the n-word by saying "who hasn't said the n-word at least once in their lives?" And I was like :huh:? Who says that word? I've actually never said that word. Not even singing along with a rap song. It just isn't done is how I was raised. You don't do it. Period.

I am absolutely sure that many people were raised like that and would never say that word no matter how many times you followed them around and how much you hassled them. Just. not. done.

So if you do say it, I have no issues with you paying for it.

Tony Wheeler

It’s not in my vocabulary, never has been, and I know damn sure I wouldn’t think of it as a way to start a conflict and/or a retaliation.

If they are saying it that easily- it’s in their vocabulary and that’s enough for me to know where they stand.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
The young girl carrying the protest sign was filmed by someone else and she was not taunting anyone. She was a peaceful demonstrator who was exercising the speech rights that we all have. I was appalled that she was physically assaulted by older biker men and am left wondering why they are not facing criminal charges. Imagine if something like this happened at one of our schools or sports facilities, but apparently it is business as usual on the streets of Bethel, OH.

The reality is I don't taunt anyone when I'm out and about minding my own business, but I have experienced some pretty horrendous things said to my family and me over the years. I consider sarcasm and mockery my favorite tools in these situations and always speak up before I walk away from the people who do this. Words are bad enough, but if big bikers decide it's okay to shove me around, I would want them charged and wouldn't shut up about it to the police who watch it happen. The tape of this girl has been shared because the police did not do anything about it. Maybe the city council or a state representative will review it and feel otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information