Racial Profiling & Related Matters (Non-Lethal Version)

caseyedwards

I read Politco today and they said segregationist Richard russell name may be chnaged to John McCain’s name on building but John McCain attacked Vietnamese In very very racist term. Everyone knows the word. Can he have the building renamed for him?

MacMadame

Staying at home
Staff member
CHAZ/CHOP
Came here to discuss CHAZ/CHOP or see if it's come up on FSU and people are arguing about Karen? FFS.

I saw that video of the family in Spokane Valley a few days ago. How completely terrifying for that family. The poor girl filming. No sympathy for the dude who got identified and is trying to say he was following them just to look out for the driver's best interests, because things would be so bad if he ended up running over the guy on the hood of his car.
Sure, I'll talk about that.

I found the reporting on CHAZ/CHOP to be largely incoherent. Plus, any bad thing that happens anywhere in the bigger neighborhood is reported on as if CHAZ/CHOP had something to do with it. So I really don't have an opinion on what is going on there except to worry that it will turn into the Spokane version of Tienanmen Square with tear gas and SWAT teams bulldozing through the crowd because someone's patience wears out and decides they have to be gone, right now. That would be very bad IMO.

For the incident in Spokane Valley, I have thought a lot about what I would have done if I were there. The view from inside the car was terrifying and made me want to jump in and start wailing on everyone on the outside of the car. But what did it look like outside? Could the girls be seen clearly at first? (Because no one takes their kids to a carjacking.) Obviously, at some point, you'd hear them screaming. But right in the beginning, if someone told me someone else was stealing their car, I'd probably just believe them. Wouldn't you?

I do think this is why a lot of people just don't get involved because it can be hard to tell what is going on when there is yelling in public. It's also why I am not keen on vigilantes. If the dude was really stealing a car (with his kids in the back because ???), just take a picture of the license plate and call the cops. Instead, you've now participated in a modern-day lynching abet an unsuccessful one.

Don't get me started on the "I was just following so car driver wouldn't get arrested for murder" dude. That story made even less sense than the "my car was stolen years ago by my drug dealer friends and now this random dude is driving it" story.

caseyedwards

This was a private community that criminals broke into! Even if a criminal mob is unarmed it’s every Easy to destroy whole buildings and neighborhoods

demetriosj

These alleged "peaceful protesters" had broken their way into the community where the McCloskeys live. They broke down a gate and broke their way into the gated community. Not just peacefully walking down the street as media is trying to portray.

skatingguy

Golden Team
These alleged "peaceful protesters" had broken their way into the community where the McCloskeys live. They broke down a gate and broke their way into the gated community. Not just peacefully walking down the street as media is trying to portray.
The couple live in a gated community on a private street, but the side walks are free for anyone to use and the gate was simply pushed open to enter.

Tony Wheeler

Just want to clarify that you’re opting to once again ignore the questions posed to you in order to skip into another thing that suits your narrative. Do I have it right? I can ask again.

demetriosj

The couple live in a gated community on a private street, but the side walks are free for anyone to use and the gate was simply pushed open to enter.
The gate was not simply pushed open. They broke an iron gate with No Trespassing and Private Property signs on it to gain entry to the community.

skatingguy

Golden Team
The gate was not simply pushed open. They broke an iron gate with No Trespassing and Private Property signs on it to gain entry to the community.
I have seen an image of the broken gate, but there is also video of the protesters entering the gate to the sidewalk, which is a public space, and all they did was pull the gate open, so I'm sure how the gate was broken, but I'll assume for the moment it was broken when the group left. The sign outside the gate says 'Private Street' not 'Private Property', and the no trespassing is not enforceable as long people stay to the road, and side walk. Private streets, roads, and sidewalks are private property but are accessible to the public.

Video of the Protesters entering the gate.

Last edited:

demetriosj

I have an image of the broken gate, but there is also video of the protesters entering the gate to the sidewalk, which is a public space, and all they did was pull the gate open, so I'm sure how the gate was broken, but I'll assume for the moment it was broken when the group left. The sign outside the gate says 'Private Street' not 'Private Property', and the no trespassing is not enforceable as long people stay to the road, and side walk. Private streets, roads, and sidewalks are private property but are accessible to the public.

Video of the Protesters entering the gate.

So you are saying that someone other than the protesters broke the gate to gain entry into the private community?

Tony Wheeler

So you are saying that someone other than the protesters broke the gate to gain entry into the private community?
Once again, since you're going to ignore other questions: your EXACT quote was that it 'was not simply pushed open'. Video shows it was.

Continue the narrative to suit how you want to feel while ignoring the proof.

skatingguy

Golden Team
No, what I'm saying is that the gate wasn't broken to enter the community because that gate is decorative and was simply pulled open allowing entry. Based on the video I posted it was intact when the group entered, and I'm assuming the picture was taken some time later, and that the gate was broken when the group left. I don't know who broke the gate, but I'm comfortable assuming that it was someone in the protest group until other evidence is presented.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

I’m not understanding! A gate can’t be decorative if you use it to enter an area. That means it’s a functional real gate

VGThuy

Once again, since you're going to ignore other questions: your EXACT quote was that it 'was not simply pushed open'. Video shows it was.

Continue the narrative to suit how you want to feel while ignoring the proof.
He’s answering your other question about whether or not he’s racist by choosing to comment in support of whites killing or harming people or being incensed on their behalf even when they are unharmed while ignoring any other post about racism and violence against people who have darker skin tones in a thread dedicated to racism. That says everything.

Tony Wheeler

He’s answering your other question about whether or not he’s racist by choosing to comment in support of whites killing or harming people or being incensed on their behalf even when they are unharmed while ignoring any other post about racism and violence against people who have darker skin tones in a thread dedicated to racism. That says everything.
It's been this way since the beginning, and that's why I've repeatedly asked. I think everyone notices by now that there's an obvious avoidance to further the argument every single time it is started.. but then out of nowhere will pop back up to quote something new that I said.

At first it was 'black people aren't being singled out'. Then it turned to only focusing on rioters and not the millions of peaceful protesters. Then it turned to 'people that are protesting peacefully aren't being attacked by police'. Then it turned to forget about these poor girls inside the community, they shouldn't ruin the mans life and record him. Then it turned to 'I don't want to watch the video, I'm only focusing on the white woman being harassed by the black man'.

There's an obvious pattern for sure. If someone is that set on making sure everything is anti-supportive of BLM/minorities, why not just admit you're a racist? There's always a strong effort to counter ALL of it.

There's also always an attempt at an 'okay, but...' and then when it's a losing battle, there's silence for a few days.

skatingguy

Golden Team
I’m not understanding! A gate can’t be decorative if you use it to enter an area. That means it’s a functional real gate
Decorative as in not locked.

Interestingly, looking at the neighbourhood where this happened the protesters could have gotten to the same place without having enter the gate. The location in the video is on Portland Place, and Kensington Boulevard and there appears to be two streets, Portland Place & Westmore Place, that have these gates at either end but there is a cross street called Lake Ave that goes right up the middle with no gates.

Sparks

By @demetriosj's logic, the peaceful protesters who may have damaged a gate to get to the Mayor's house deserved to have weapons pointed at them.
Here is an interesting article about the area and the incident.

VGThuy

Matt Gaetz supporting people aiming weapons at unarmed protesters.

Matt Gaetz @mattgaetz

In Joe Biden’s America your job is illegal, you are locked in your home, borders don’t exist, MS-13 lives next door and the police aren’t coming when the mob arrives. This is all of us

This is funny because this picture and these white people’s fears of the masses of black and brown folks having some sort of revolution and overthrowing their class is happening in Trump’s America. It’s like everything they accused Obama’s America of being (stoking “identity politics”, armed militias, massive lay offs, liberal judges making decisions) are happening under Trump but magnified much more. Maybe Trump and racism and nationalism isn’t the answer to prevent a total break among the population of this country.

demetriosj

So you are saying the couple in St. Louis had no right to defend their home and property because they are white?! Defending your home and family is racist? This is 1984.

Tony Wheeler

CBS Sunday Morning had a short commentary yesterday that addressed some of the sexism aspects with the Karen label:

CBS Sunday Morning: Karen
'The worst thing you could say'. Mhm..

Another problem with this is the suggestion that because and only because of attributing a name to this culture, people are going to comment-sections and saying nasty things based on appearance. As if that wasn't a thing before this or won't be even without the lack of attribution. She also very much claims that there are men who are Karen. Maybe she needs to check the comment sections and see what people are saying about the victims in these videos. Or YouTube comment sections from I don't know-- any of the last 14 years it's been around? Or any political post on FB or Twitter or IG and see where some of the comments go.

Also, interestingly enough, the video you linked to had an accompanying article, and it's been removed from all CBS News sites from what I can gather.

Her sharing of her video didn't go over so well on Twitter, either, and I can see it's very much the same on Facebook.

The comments on the Facebook video section come from many women of color, but you'll also find that white women aren't quite agreeing with the narrative trying to be pushed.

I think we can figure out why the article disappeared.

ETA, let me present to you one of the rare arguments on FB in favor of the piece, to give you an idea:

its not a crime to be white. If everyone would just work hard, pay their own way, stop looking for the government pay your bills we all would be equal. This whole thing is about minority's wish for more payoffs. More phones more steaks and crab legs with those EBT cards, more reasons not to pull their own weight. Let's just all work hard and pay our own way!!! Yay!!! It's the answer!!!

Last edited:

Spikefan

This is funny because this picture and these white people’s fears of the masses of black and brown folks having some sort of revolution and overthrowing their class is happening in Trump’s America. It’s like everything they accused Obama’s America of being (stoking “identity politics”, armed militias, massive lay offs, liberal judges making decisions) are happening under Trump but magnified much more. Maybe Trump and racism and nationalism isn’t the answer to prevent a total break among the population of this country.
I still saw someone state that this was happening because of what Obama did. He couldn’t explain what that was and I was done questioning (he was someone in my Mom’s FB comments so I should have ignored). To this man what Obama did was become a two term black POTUS which is not acceptable to the white supremacists.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
CBS Sunday Morning had a short commentary yesterday that addressed some of the sexism aspects with the Karen label:

CBS Sunday Morning: Karen
So, I think that video is missing the point.

The gross reality is that ANY time a woman is in the news for literally anything, the comments focus sooner than later on her fcukability, or lack thereof. That happened long before the Karen meme, and happens well outside of the Karen meme. People on all sides of the political spectrum do it. It sucks and is really depressing, especially when so-called progressives do it (aka all the time - this morning I called someone out on FB for commenting about Mrs. McCloskey's freaking ankles). I don't see it as an argument about the term Karen, which is about a specific set of behaviors.

Sparks

So you are saying the couple in St. Louis had no right to defend their home and property because they are white?! Defending your home and family is racist? This is 1984.
Please explain how they were in danger. I don't understand why people who have everything are so afraid of minorities marching for equal rights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information